GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 2,026
0 members and 2,026 guests
No Members online

Old 10-16-2016, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I do not know the different quotas for all of the groups but Phi Mu's was 120 and they pledged 130.

Our local girls pledged Phi Mu, ChiO, KD, TriDelta, DG, Theta, ADPi, and Kappa (that I know of thus far). Congratulations to all!
Old 10-16-2016, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

KD pledged 107 according to my peeps. (seems low to me) I do know we pledged 12 Texas girls including one of my all time favorite (I've know her since she was a collegian) alumna's daughter, so all is well.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

Ole Miss was using a variable quota, so it's possible your numbers are correct.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottyToddy1 View Post
What was quota for each chapter? How many girls found a new home? Please post pics.
IIRC your daughter is a Tri Delta active at Ole Miss. Maybe she can help you out with the answers to your first two questions! And for pics, you can always search the webz

Lots of chatter about the variable quota, and the way the week went for both sides (actives and PNMs). IMO it will be a few years before we see any changes (if that).
Old 10-17-2016, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Variable Quota

Ole Miss did use variable quota. According to information I heard the quotas ranged from 101-160 depending on the pre-recruitment size of the chapter.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
My best friend's daughter, who I unsuccessfully tried to get a couple of recs for, and is from good old Bloomsburg Pennsylvania, is a proud new member of Pi Beta Phi.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks AZthetha. I know that Try Delta had 108 new members but I didn't know the other groups and I didn't think to ask my daughter. She is worn out from a crazy week. You also have a great memory!
Old 10-18-2016, 08:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
IIRC your daughter is a Tri Delta active at Ole Miss. Maybe she can help you out with the answers to your first two questions! And for pics, you can always search the webz

Lots of chatter about the variable quota, and the way the week went for both sides (actives and PNMs). IMO it will be a few years before we see any changes (if that).
University photo has some awesome pictures up - check out the links on their facebook page. I was so happy to go and share in Bid day for my daughter who is a Theta and this was her first rush from the other side. I know they took in an amazing new pledge class and the girls were super excited and came running home. My girl had a rush crush all week and was so happy when she came running home into her arms!! She also BTW I found out is a legacy - her mother, sister and aunt all Theta's - And she wants to be a cardiac pulmonary physician. Quite high aspirations for sure. It was an exciting and absolutely beautiful day!!! 2 of my friends daughters went KKG and DG- they were soooo happy!!!
Old 10-19-2016, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottyToddy1 View Post
Thanks AZthetha. I know that Try Delta had 108 new members but I didn't know the other groups and I didn't think to ask my daughter. She is worn out from a crazy week. You also have a great memory!
Yes indeed I have a phenomenal memory. It's not eidetic, though (thankfully) but it sure is close to that. My visual memory is super strong, especially for print. It gets tiresome at times, to be truthful. I wish I had a delete key for some of the stuff that pops up out of nowhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef831 View Post
University photo has some awesome pictures up - check out the links on their facebook page. I was so happy to go and share in Bid day for my daughter who is a Theta and this was her first rush from the other side. I know they took in an amazing new pledge class and the girls were super excited and came running home. My girl had a rush crush all week and was so happy when she came running home into her arms!! She also BTW I found out is a legacy - her mother, sister and aunt all Theta's - And she wants to be a cardiac pulmonary physician. Quite high aspirations for sure. It was an exciting and absolutely beautiful day!!! 2 of my friends daughters went KKG and DG- they were soooo happy!!!
Good to know you were able to see some of Ole Miss recruitment, stef; you have been a huge cheerleader for your daughter, especially since you weren't in an NPC sorority yourself in college. We don't always see that kind of enthusiasm and level of participation from parents! I imagine your daughter had all kinds of thoughts as she was experiencing recruitment as an active. Would enjoy hearing from her some day: because she went through COB at Ole Miss, she didn't get the full experience of Ole Miss formal recruitment as a PNM (which is not a bad thing at all, just different). Personally, I have no opinion on COB vs. FR. They both have their places in the system. YMMV.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

AOII's quota from what I was told was 130 and they pledged 137. Not sure what ADPi's quota was but their facebook page says 177. I heard everyone did very well. I think the variable quota or whatever it's called seemed to work at Ole Miss. I'm afraid having two children now I feel out of the loop. I was out of town for bid day and most of recruitment. Any hoo!

I wrote 8 recs, so far I've heard: 1 DG, 1 Theta, 2 Pi Phi....
Old 10-19-2016, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Yes indeed I have a phenomenal memory. It's not eidetic, though (thankfully) but it sure is close to that. My visual memory is super strong, especially for print. It gets tiresome at times, to be truthful. I wish I had a delete key for some of the stuff that pops up out of nowhere!

Good to know you were able to see some of Ole Miss recruitment, stef; you have been a huge cheerleader for your daughter, especially since you weren't in an NPC sorority yourself in college. We don't always see that kind of enthusiasm and level of participation from parents! I imagine your daughter had all kinds of thoughts as she was experiencing recruitment as an active. Would enjoy hearing from her some day: because she went through COB at Ole Miss, she didn't get the full experience of Ole Miss formal recruitment as a PNM (which is not a bad thing at all, just different). Personally, I have no opinion on COB vs. FR. They both have their places in the system. YMMV.
I have asked her to reply here and to share her story and i am hoping she will. She does have a unique perspective for sure on recruitment having been thru a colonization process and COB- She did have tons of fun on Bid day and got the girl she had her eye on all week long. She has gained so much from Theta already improving her self confidence and is working to become alot more active in the sorority over this next year.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

So I just heard from my daughter....and she FINALLY posted her recruitment story after all my nagging, lol!! Please go check it out. She gives some great insight. Thank you all so much for all the positive encouragement along the way. I have learned so much about this process and am happy that she can finally share her story with all of you.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissGlitter View Post
AOII's quota from what I was told was 130 and they pledged 137. Not sure what ADPi's quota was but their facebook page says 177. I heard everyone did very well. I think the variable quota or whatever it's called seemed to work at Ole Miss. I'm afraid having two children now I feel out of the loop. I was out of town for bid day and most of recruitment. Any hoo!

I wrote 8 recs, so far I've heard: 1 DG, 1 Theta, 2 Pi Phi....
AOII's quota was actually 131 and we had 6 Quota Additions....
Old 10-25-2016, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Recommendation results

Finally heard from the last of the 12 girls I wrote recs for.....

KD - 1
KKG - 2
ADPi ` 3
PiPhi - 2
DG- 1
KAT - 1
Aphi - 1

1 dropped out of recruitment.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

There were four different quotas and chapters were assigned based upon their size going into recruitment. The decision/vote was for 2016. If it is considered again, the collegiate chapters would have to vote again. It was successful at Ole Miss as it did help bring about parity within panhellenic. If the smaller groups COB this semester and in the spring, it may not be necessary to consider something this drastic again.