GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,381
3 members and 1,378 guests
flamboyanttree, JayhawkAOII, lauralaylin

Old 08-13-2003, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey, sister!
Actually Pi Beta Phi is a sorority, not a fraternity. I think someone mentioned Nathan's attire somewhere else (another thread maybe). I don't watch the show, so I don't know...

Erica
Order of the Rose recipient
Old 08-13-2003, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to betasiglady
Cool I thought it was a sorority!

I thought it was a sorority. Maybe it is his girlfriends shirt.

lol
Old 08-13-2003, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
one of those BBCAmerica or TLC or HGTV shows my dad is always watching is called Curb Appeal, and last night they redid the outside of the Pi Kappa Alpha house at Berkley (?)
Old 08-14-2003, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't find letters, I found out AGDs owned local stores I go in, on the county school board or married to someone I knew in high school. Driving home a car passed me with red, yellow and green balloons...no idea where they were headed!!

BTW, in my town's downtown, saw a dark green Explorer with UGA and Gamma Phi Beta stickers on it!! The GPB went into a bank, I glanced in there but didn't see her...was going to ask if she knew GPBLtCol!
Old 09-01-2003, 12:49 AM

Exclamation Play Station 2

Not my letters but I think it was DDD.

Have ya'll seen the PS2 ad where the 2 middle age fat guys are playing and are celebrating cause they think they won? Then the other team scores a touchdown and the guys are like "The hell?". It then cuts to 2 girls on a couch in front of a wall covered in composites. The 2 girls are all "I can't believe they didn't think of that play!" Then there's a pillow fight. Lame but cute and funny too! Kind of playing into the stereotype and braking it too. I was stoked that the girls were brunette and not the "typical" blondes.

eta: I saw the commercial again. It wasn't DDD but DAC. Too bad. It'd have been cool if it had been Tri Delta since the team the girls were playing was the Miami Dolphins.

Last edited by SoCalGirl; 09-12-2003 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Hallo!

Greetings from Germany! I'm stopping over in Berlin as I am on my way to Poland to visit family. Though, I did have time to do some exploring this afternoon. As I was riding on the S-Bahn (like a subway/surface tram) I noticed some graffiti in the window of my train. Someone had scratched the letter Delta above the letter Zeta!!

hehehehe.... I'm sure it wasn't a DZ who did that - I saw other graffiti using a delta and zeta on two other trains (one time in combination with an M and the other with an A, I think). Maybe there is a Greek street gang running around Germany......

.....Kelly
Old 09-12-2003, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OUlioness01
one of those BBCAmerica or TLC or HGTV shows my dad is always watching is called Curb Appeal, and last night they redid the outside of the Pi Kappa Alpha house at Berkley (?)
The owner of HGTV is IIKA from virginia tech i think

I saw IIKA on this resturant in Destin Florida "Fudpuckers" Everybody writes all over the outside of the store
I saw the letters before i even became a pike...
Old 09-12-2003, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

There was a Georgia license plate in my work's parking lot...the tag said numbers & ADP.... as in 439ADP. I don't know if it was a prestige or coincidence, lol.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:22 PM

I recently reread a Doctor Who book that came out a few years ago. The book was dedicated, in part, to Alpha Phi Omega. And one of the main characters, who works with a group that sounds a lot like Habitat for Humanity, is described as wearing an APO service pin. I'm guessing that one, if not both, of the authors is a brother.

Now that I know APO will still be around 200 years from now, I'm starting to regret not pledging...
Old 09-15-2003, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

The last convention I went to was in Oklahoma City and my sisters and I went to Hooters because it was the closet thing to the hotel - well low and behold, there were red, buff, and green balloons hanging up everywhere. yeah didn't expect that, probably just a random thing, but still - Hooters, very funny.

The only other place I can think of is that one of our girls broke up with her boyfriend and he "got back at her" by wearing all of her AGD stuff that he stole from her. Letter shirt, hat, everything....it was really pathetic.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
did she have any lettered thongs?
Old 09-16-2003, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Not my letters, either.

A couple of months ago I was at a thrift shop and saw a boy (about 8 or 9) wearing a Theta sweatshirt (Greek KAT fabric letters appliqued). It would have been difficult (and gratuitous) to explain to the kid or his dad (whose native language was not English) that the sweatshirt was from a sorority.

Those discarded T's and sweats have to end up somewhere, I guess!
Old 09-16-2003, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
On Big Brother 4, Nathan i think thats his name was wearing a Sigma Chi shirt tonight
Old 09-17-2003, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Travel Channels "greatest rollercoasters". A girl with a OPA sweatshirt on
Old 09-18-2003, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I was watching "Wild On" on E! last night, and they showed a group of girls singing an Alpha Xi rush cheer