GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,485
1 members and 2,484 guests
No Members online

Old 08-17-2014, 03:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills View Post
I can't imagine having a pledge class of 176. How many members do they have total?
Without knowing how many members graduated since the fall, or how many they might have gotten during the Spring through informal, I can't say but according to the Fall 2013 grade report, Gamma Phi at UA had 334 total members after their NM class of 149.

UNA's classes start this week, and come Labor Day I'll be checking for pics and number announcements from the four groups there…unless the GC ADPi, Zeta, Alpha Gam, and Phi Mu alumnae find out first.

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-17-2014, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtlgrl View Post
Thanks irishpipes. I didn't know the UC was optional.
Sometimes chapters have already dropped the upperclassmen and wouldn't have enough attend their preference to fill quota anyway. UC quota is just kind of a "bonus" to help those women get placed.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unarose View Post
Without knowing how many members graduated since the fall, or how many they might have gotten during the Spring through informal, I can't say but according to the Fall 2013 grade report, Gamma Phi at UA had 334 total members after their NM class of 149.

UNA's classes start this week, and come Labor Day I'll be checking for pics and number announcements from the four groups there…unless the GC ADPi, Zeta, Alpha Gam, and Phi Mu alumnae find out first.
GPhiB at Bama has 425 members now. A GPhi posted on Facebook. At some point, the release figures at Bama need to be adjusted to shift a more equitable number of PNMs at all chapters. It is quite obvious after 3 cycles that they don't need that many PNMs at pref to meet quota. I'm sure it's fun to get so many women, but logistically, they are getting way too large to handle.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-17-2014, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Well Alabama has been open for expansion for a while but no one has taken the bait yet.

But 425 members! WOW!
Old 08-17-2014, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well Alabama has been open for expansion for a while but no one has taken the bait yet.

But 425 members! WOW!
Maybe once more of the new/renovated houses are finished and the spaces that are supposed to free up from the groups that are there now are available, someone will bite. Surely alumnae of some of the groups they've had before, like Alpha Xi or Sigma Kappa, would be very supportive of trying again, particularly seeing how well Alpha Phi and Delta Gamma have done and how recruitment numbers have still grown?

And now I wonder if we need a new thread to discuss how exorbitant almost all of the Bama chapter sizes are now.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I seriously hope we consider it sometime soon
Old 08-17-2014, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Arkansas State:
Zeta Tau Alpha 47?

University of Central Florida:
Alpha Epsilon Phi 44?

Georgia Southern:
Kappa Kappa Gamma 64?

Southeastern Louisiana:
Phi Mu 33

Mississippi State:
Chi Omega 87
Phi Mu 87
Alpha Delta Pi 64
Delta Gamma 86

University of Tennessee- Chattanooga:
Alpha Delta Pi 53?

Last edited by acg233; 08-17-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Quote:
Originally Posted by acg233 View Post
University of Tennessee- Chattanooga:
Alpha Delta Pi 53?
UTC Quota: 50
Chi Omega: 52
Old 08-17-2014, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unarose View Post
Surely alumnae of some of the groups they've had before, like Alpha Xi or Sigma Kappa, would be very supportive of trying again, particularly seeing how well Alpha Phi and Delta Gamma have done and how recruitment numbers have still grown?
I think there were a lot of issues (says Captain Obvious) preventing both Alpha Xi Delta and Sigma Kappa from considering expansion there. With the freedom to charge WHATEVER YOU NEED for housing there and a pool of available women that doesn't seem to be declining any time soon, I don't think think money has been the driving issue. But this weird back room control of the process, by not just alumnae of the chapters but some all-powerful kabal of OTHERS would have my sorority not wanting to touch it with a 10 foot pole.

To me, the toe in the water of diversity is more about the members having the power to choose the members they want. The problem is we don't know that has happened. The old broads could have gotten together and decided how exactly to make this PR nightmare go away, but not by actually allowing the collegians to determine their own membership. My guess is we aren't going to know that, but the expansion committees of these (and the rest of the NPC sororities not already there) are trying to figure out if the shackles have been removed. When that has been determined (and some space comes available), I think we'll be there. I'm guessing (and to be clear, I know NOTHING) there will be an announcement in 1-2 years with a longer than normal lag for expansion, of at least a full year.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

There is space according to the plan detailed on Alabama's panhellenic site. There are several spots available. There's a small spot diagonal to KD, and a spot next to AKA. However, there are also 2 lots designated for future expansion, which are lots 5 & 8. Lot 5 is to the side of DG.

http://www.uafacilities.ua.edu/plann...ter%20Plan.pdf
Old 08-17-2014, 07:51 PM

Some WI dates if you don't already have them!

UW-Eau Claire- Aug. 28th-Sept. 10th

UW- Whitewater- Sept.12th - Sept. 23

Winona State Univ.- Sept. 9th - Sept 14th

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

FGCU
KD 74
Old 08-17-2014, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Updated dates for Northern Illinois University - formal recruitment runs September 12-14.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Georgia Southern:
Zeta Tau Alpha 73
Old 08-18-2014, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
There is space according to the plan detailed on Alabama's panhellenic site. There are several spots available. There's a small spot diagonal to KD, and a spot next to AKA. However, there are also 2 lots designated for future expansion, which are lots 5 & 8. Lot 5 is to the side of DG.

http://www.uafacilities.ua.edu/plann...ter%20Plan.pdf
Your right. I live in Tuscaloosa and 5 & 8 have been completely cleared and leveled out to build on for a while now. #9 is also a what if spot. It is a little smaller than the other lots so it would take a great architect and probably an extra floor to make up for it with the size of the new houses and massive chapters.