GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 897
1 members and 896 guests
No Members online

Old 08-05-2008, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Accounting Software

I'm currently looking at my options for keeping track of my chapter's finances , wishing to transfer away from excel and get something that can be easy and standardized between officers.So far I've been looking at Microsoft Office Accounting ( who can turn down free!) . I was wondering if anybody uses this program and how they find it or if anyone has any other cost efficient suggestions?
Old 08-06-2008, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Check with your national organization. Many now have specific software packages to meet chapter needs at little or no cost to the chapter. Also, I've found that the best way to manage your chapters finances is to keep on top of the late pays and strictly enforce due dates.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Have you tried EasyDues? www.EasyDues.com

Last edited by MMiller; 08-19-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

omegafi.com
Old 10-22-2008, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEPiForLife View Post
I know there's alot of services out there - the main two being www.greekbill.com and OmegaFi....we tried omega for a while but it just seemed like there prices were way too high to justify using them.We found the most success with Koine Financial. I've attached their add below; I hope this helps!

Exec Board - Tired of chasing after fellow brothers who don't pay?
Treasurers - Tired of trying to keep track of dozens of delinquent accounts?
Brothers - Tired of trying to figure out if you've paid the treasurer or not with those paper checks?
Parents - Wish you could skip mailing checks for a random amoutn and pay either online or via an invoice quickly and securely?

Check out Koine Financial at www.koinefinancial.com. We use a member designed desktop to list delinquent accounts, track payments, and pay online using eCheck or Credit Card! Start increasing your collections today!
Ok, Mr. Multiple-Forum-Spam-man, so are you John Hart Cole or Austin Carmony, the 2007 founders of this "groundbreaking" service?

And is the big guy in the far left of this picture from your "general" page wearing Gamma Phi Beta letters??
Old 10-22-2008, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanyalum View Post
Ok, Mr. Multiple-Forum-Spam-man, so are you John Hart Cole or Austin Carmony, the 2007 founders of this "groundbreaking" service?
I take the akward phrasing on the history page of their website -- "Founded in 2007 by AEPI and ATO Alumni John Hart Cole and Austin Carmony . . . ." -- to mean that AEPiForLife = John Hart Cole.

As for the "big guy," I'm going to guess (hope) Gamma Phi Epsilon.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
As for the "big guy," I'm going to guess (hope) Gamma Phi Epsilon.
Ah! LOL. Thank you, that makes more sense.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanyalum View Post
Ah! LOL. Thank you, that makes more sense.
No, thank GreekPages.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I couldn't find any similar posts on this, but my chapter is looking for a system like this too. We're a new chapter and we don't have a house, so our dues are low. Most of the services like OmegiFi, Easy Dues, and Greek Bill would take a huge chunk of our budgets, plus what we pay nationals.

Has anyone used QuikBooks or any of the similiar DIY software? There aren't a lot of resources on it.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nturner View Post
I couldn't find any similar posts on this, but my chapter is looking for a system like this too. We're a new chapter and we don't have a house, so our dues are low. Most of the services like OmegiFi, Easy Dues, and Greek Bill would take a huge chunk of our budgets, plus what we pay nationals.

Has anyone used QuikBooks or any of the similiar DIY software? There aren't a lot of resources on it.
I think you're classifying EasyDues as a collection service, like Greek Bill and OmegaFi, which it isn't. EasyDues is a web based version of what you're looking for, and because it doesn't take over your collections (it will still allow you to accept credit card payments online though) it's inexpensive and won't be a huge chunk of your budget.

If you're really set on using a DIY software, our chapter has had the most success just using Microsoft Excel, because the accounting softwares on the market are so different from what our chapter needs. We were able to set up our payment plans, budgets, and keep records of transactions in excel, but this was very time consuming. This is why we switched to EasyDues, since we could handle our own collections, and wanted an inexpensive way to make everything we had previously been doing easier and more effective.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

I am a chapter advisor and setup our chapter with Omega 10 years ago. They have done a fantastic job. Without them we certainly would have failed as a chapter. They are worth every penny.

James Barnes
Phi Delta Theta CAB
Austin, Texas
Old 11-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

You might contact your HQ. I know that Sigma Nu HQ has developed a very useful excel spreadsheet for treasurers to keep track of finances with.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 11-13-2008, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
You might contact your HQ. I know that Sigma Nu HQ has developed a very useful excel spreadsheet for treasurers to keep track of finances with.
Also, some national organizations have contracts with companies like these. I'm sure you'd already know if your organization does this already though.