GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,171
2 members and 1,169 guests
FSUZeta, LaneSig

Old 04-30-2012, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamfulSpirit View Post
Lovespink, have you sent out your invitations yet? I'm just curious because I am invited (as I got the Save the Date) to a wedding on June 30th as well but have yet to receive an invitation. I also know for a fact they haven't mailed any out yet.

When I got married last year (my wedding was June 11th), I had my invites out in Mid-March. I may have gotten them out slightly earlier than most because I had 80-85% out of town guests, but I thought I had timed it about right.
I have not. They should be going out no later than next week (they were ordered last week). I realize I may be pushing it just a tad, but as soon as they come in, it's stuff, stamp and drop in the mail!

I've heard of sending invites out early if many of your guests are out of town, so sounds like you did the right thing My coworker is getting married in her hometown, and since most of the guests will be out of the area, her invites have been out for a few weeks now.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I came across this engagement shoot while researching something else for a client:

http://www.stylemepretty.com/austral...-photographer/

Yes, really.

Maybe he is a mascot? So many people know him as that?

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 04-30-2012, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I found it creeptastic. Just wanted to know if it was just me. lol.
See I thought it was whimsical and cute. Maybe it's like an inside joke between the two of them? Or maybe they were just trying to be funny? I know a few couples who might do something themed. Maybe not bear themed, but themed.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psusue View Post
See I thought it was whimsical and cute. Maybe it's like an inside joke between the two of them? Or maybe they were just trying to be funny? I know a few couples who might do something themed. Maybe not bear themed, but themed.
The bear was totally my problem with this. It was too cutesy...and let's face it, in engagement photos, there's a certain implied sexual nature. It read to me "I want to have sex with a teddy bear". Certain things have been romanticized (vamps, werewolves, superheros, even aliens) and make them less child-molester-ish than a teddy.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

The one of them running on the beach looks like he's chasing her!

Also, it reminds me of Pedobear. Particularly her babydoll type dress. And judging by his t-shirt when he's not in the bear suit, I figure they know about it, as his t-shirt also has a very interwebby-meme-y feeling.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah I did get the pedobear reference, but it just wasn't the vibe I was feeling. I think I would have if they did all bear pictures. But the couple that were the two of them in normal clothes made it feel silly and sweet to me. In any case, it's their photos, haha. If you're paying that much for them, you can get whatever you want.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

All I could think of was, "ew, wet mascot suit!"
Old 05-02-2012, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

So a friend of mine got a nasty shock last week. His daughter has her wedding set for I believe it was the end of June, and he and his wife are trying to do a traditional wedding for her. Needless to say, he is incredibly stressed out right now.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
The one of them running on the beach looks like he's chasing her!

Also, it reminds me of Pedobear. Particularly her babydoll type dress. And judging by his t-shirt when he's not in the bear suit, I figure they know about it, as his t-shirt also has a very interwebby-meme-y feeling.
A horrible Child's Play-like nightmare.

And just when it started to get cute...the head popped back into the picture. Not cool.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 05-06-2012, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Wedding question:
My neighbor (whose family I'm very close with, as in, I spend holidays at their house) is marrying a teacher from my kids' school. I've become close with her over the years since she's assistant band director and has been dating my neighbor for several years now. I was invited to the wedding and am allowed to bring a guest. My daughter asked if she can go as my guest. She's 18 and will be graduated, but I warned her that a lot of her teachers will be there. I'm thinking it would be weird for both her and the teachers because well, it's a social teacher situation. I also kind of feel bad that my son wouldn't be able to go. I'm leaning toward "no" to hypo going although the bride said it was fine if she came because she's not a kid (it's a no kid wedding).

It wouldn't be a bad thing to have a designated driver with me...lol. I just haven't decided whether I should take her or not. Thoughts?
Old 05-06-2012, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Wedding question:
My neighbor (whose family I'm very close with, as in, I spend holidays at their house) is marrying a teacher from my kids' school. I've become close with her over the years since she's assistant band director and has been dating my neighbor for several years now. I was invited to the wedding and am allowed to bring a guest. My daughter asked if she can go as my guest. She's 18 and will be graduated, but I warned her that a lot of her teachers will be there. I'm thinking it would be weird for both her and the teachers because well, it's a social teacher situation. I also kind of feel bad that my son wouldn't be able to go. I'm leaning toward "no" to hypo going although the bride said it was fine if she came because she's not a kid (it's a no kid wedding).

It wouldn't be a bad thing to have a designated driver with me...lol. I just haven't decided whether I should take her or not. Thoughts?
As the child of teachers, I went to teacher social stuff all the time from birth, so I don't see why she shouldn't go. She will be a graduate, and it will be a good lesson for her that teachers have lives outside of school. Sometimes even the wisest students forget that.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:18 PM

I vote no. Sometimes, as a teacher, you want to enjoy yourself sans kids from work (recently graduated or not.) I understand that you're close but I just think it's awkward-ish.

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

That's a really tough call, but I'm gonna have to lean towards no too (for the reason KSU listed). There may be a reason that the invitation was addressed to you and a guest and not "The AGDee Family". (And I'm sure that's nothing personal, but they may want to just keep it to adults...not that your daughter isn't technically an adult, but I hope you know what I mean )

My invites went out into the mail today!!!!!!!!!!! So excited, they came out SO BEAUTIFUL! Prettier then I had envisioned

My mom also let me see my shower invitation. The location was supposed to be a surprise, but I found out a few different ways. Whoops! My cousin, who is a graphic designer, made them. They are SO CUTE! It's funny because just a few days ago I gave her a call to ask if she would be willing to do our programs. She asked me what kind of style I liked and we discussed some things. Ironically, what I described is very similar to what the shower invites look like, and I had no idea! So I just called her to say "make them look like the shower invites!" She said she was going to ask me the very same thing after the shower, lol

Last edited by lovespink88; 05-06-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to say, watching the RSVPs come in is one of the funnest parts. It's so exciting seeing who is all coming! I know it sounds silly, because for the most part you expect people to come, but it's still cool getting actual responses! I am anxiously awaiting today's mail.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
I have to say, watching the RSVPs come in is one of the funnest parts. It's so exciting seeing who is all coming! I know it sounds silly, because for the most part you expect people to come, but it's still cool getting actual responses! I am anxiously awaiting today's mail.
Yay! How many days until The Day?

------------------------

On an unrelated note, I want to rant.

Two friends got engaged a little over a week ago. It was a big,public, and showy engagement (like someone even filmed it), but she absolutely loved it and I'm very happy for them.

The thing that is driving me absolutely crazy is Facebook.

He's being very good about it. He changed his relationship status to "Engaged", made his profile picture one of the engagement, and had one general "Thank you to everyone. I am so excited and appreciate your well-wishes" status.

She is driving me absolutely bonkers. Every time I log on Facebook she has recently uploaded yet another picture of them kissing (and not like adorable on-cheek kissing, but ones where you can see saliva dripping on their chin!), pictures of them in the shape of hearts, pictures of them with the words "LOVE MY FIANCE (sic)", pictures of them laying on top of each other, pictures of their interwoven hands in hearts, pictures of her ring in hearts, etc.

She photoshops them constantly and uploads them at intervals so they are always at the top of the page. Literally every time I log in, it is the 2nd or third story on my page with her comments being the first or immediately after the photos.

In terms of these comments, she writes back on each "Congratulations!" written on her wall. This is sweet in theory, but each one reads "Thanks so much!!!!! We could not be happier!!!! Send me your e-mail and I'll send you the video of the proposal!!!! I AM SO EXCITED TO CALL HIM MY FIANCE AND I AM SO IN LOVE" or some variant of that.

I mean, good for you and I'm super excited that you are so excited about marrying him. But the Facebooking is ridiculous. I'm probably going to have to de-friend her before the wedding (or at least block her posts) because this engagement craziness has been going on a week and shows no sign of slowing. I can't imagine what wedding planning will be like.

I'm also extra irritable right now because I take Step 1 USMLE in two weeks, so that is probably contributing to this rant....

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!

Last edited by AOEforme; 05-14-2012 at 09:01 AM.