GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,596
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, hannahyanexto75
» Online Users: 1,321
0 members and 1,321 guests
No Members online

Old 12-26-2003, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Young looking=relationship issues?

I'm sort of young looking. I'm 24, and look about 19 or 20 (old enough not to be carded in Canada). However, because of this, I never really had lots of guys. Anyone else have similar issues?
Old 12-26-2003, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm 22 and look like I'm about 16 (though my brother's boss thought I was 13, which really bummed me out...).
This usually results in me getting hit on by lots of high school boys when I go out somewhere. All of the guys I've ever dated have known me from a school-related situation, pretty much, so I haven't had a problem, but I definitely see how it could be.
Old 12-26-2003, 01:29 PM

Re: Young looking=relationship issues?

Quote:
Originally posted by Taualumna
I'm sort of young looking. I'm 24, and look about 19 or 20 (old enough not to be carded in Canada). However, because of this, I never really had lots of guys. Anyone else have similar issues?
I too am 24 and look 19 or 20. I get carded everywhere. In fact at the movies if I'm alone, or waiting in the car, they ask me for my ID or make my date come to the car to get my ID to prove I'm old enough.
When it comes to buying or ordering a drink I just get my ID out and have it ready, migth as well, they will ask me for it anyway.

I havent had too many bf's, but that's basically because most of the guys that show interest in me, i have no interest in them.......
Old 12-26-2003, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
I'm less than four months away from my twenty first. However, I'm ALWAYS being told I look like I'm 16...like atleast once a week! One time at the gas station last year, the attendant asked me if i was old enough to be driving. But I've never really had a huge problem getting guys or anything.

<3
Rachel

---be glad that you look young, you will DEFINITELY appreciate it someday, even if it can be annoying at times!! My mom is almost fifty and looks like shes in her thirties. When I'm 30, it wouldn't surprise me if I'm still getting carded, and I know that's going to feel darned good!!!

Last edited by absolutuscchick; 12-26-2003 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I just turned 23 last month, but people have mistaken me for the younger sister and my younger sister for the older one (she's in 7th grade, by the way). I do not look that young, but that's beside the point! I always thought men preferred younger-looking girls, so I don't see why looking younger would cause you to have less boyfriends than someone who looks her age.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: atlanta....its hot here... cant breath... too humid... helppp
when i was a kid, i used to always looked older then what i was-- but then my age caught up with me and now i either look exactly my age (if im lucky), or adults will sometimes tell me i look younger. my adult coworkers at my old job told me i looked 15 or 16 (im 19!!). i think its bc i have long hair to my butt and HUGE blue eyes-- typical characteristics of a child.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ForeverDiamond
I'm 22 and look like I'm about 16 (though my brother's boss thought I was 13, which really bummed me out...).
This usually results in me getting hit on by lots of high school boys when I go out somewhere. All of the guys I've ever dated have known me from a school-related situation, pretty much, so I haven't had a problem, but I definitely see how it could be.

this is like me. i am 21 and people have told me that i look 14 or 15. wtf? they want to know what high school i go to. may i will like it later, but it is really annoying now. people's jaws drop when they hear that i am in my fourth year of college. i know that it has hindered me from getting guys before but i dont care now. my bf is wonderful although when he first met me i was 19 and looked like a little kid. he was 25 and thought he was breaking the law by being with me. i am glad things eventually worked out.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
[i] I do not look that young, but that's beside the point! I always thought men preferred younger-looking girls, so I don't see why looking younger would cause you to have less boyfriends than someone who looks her age. [/B]
Yeah, but when I was say, 20, I looked underaged!!!
Old 12-27-2003, 01:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Most guys really don't care if a girl looks 15 if she's 20. Its all the other things that matter, like if she's attractive, cool, etc.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm 22, and I know I look younger, not much but probably 20... obviously I look younger without makeup on, when I'm around the house my mom's always like you look so young!

But even though I think I look young, guys have often thought I was older because of the way I carry myself. I remember once I was with my pledge sisters and we were hanging out with some fraternity brothers and one was like wow, I thought you were a senior showing the younger girls around... and I was a sophomore. I loved that! Even when I was a freshman trying to look for my friend's dorm, I stopped these 2 girls for directions (they were seniors). Later when they found out I was just a freshman, they were like oooh, I thought you were a senior, the way you carry yourself! I loved that too!

And no, me looking younger has never stopped me from dating guys.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator

When I was a senior in college, I was asked more than once:

"What year are you in?"

I'd reply, "I'm a senior."

"Oh, have you decided which college you want to go to?"

The older you get, the more interesting - and fun! - this phenomenom becomes. I was carded twice last year, and trust me, that was a real compliment!! The one time, the guy at the door took out a flashlight to look at my license, then me better.

I love it!
Old 01-02-2004, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
I'm 24. I l think I look about 19 or 20, but apparently others think I look younger.

The other day a parent at the school where I work thought I was a STUDENT. As the school only goes through eighth grade that means she thought I was 14 at BEST.

*sigh*

The FUNNY thing is that when I was 14 everyone thought I looked OLDER than my age. From ages 14-16 people always thought I looked older than I was. Go figure!

It has never been an obstacle in terms of attracting men. I The older I've gotten the more attention I get, because regardless of how young I may look I am ten times more comfortable in my own skin than I ever was as a teen. It shows.
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 01-02-2004, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Look on the bright side, this looking younger should continue.........

I'm 34 and most people would swear I'm under 30 and my mother doesn't even look close to her age of 58.

What you now might find annoying, you will love in a few years.....