GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,445
2 members and 1,443 guests
flamboyanttree

Old 08-12-2003, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Chi Omega - I love how the founding members chose the name AXO

Alpha Delta Pi - I respect that they are the oldest. Sweet girls.

Alpha Epsilon Phi - I just love their open motto. They also share a flower with us (Alpha Phi). Yay for that!

Alpha Gamma Delta - Many of my friends from high school attend the university in our home town (Corpus Christi) and most of them are now Alpha Gam's. They have an awesome chapter. I've always been impressed by the Alpha Gam's I've met. They are also a fellow Syracuse Triad GLO.

Alpha Omicron Pi - They have a really great group of women.

Alpha Phi - I could go on and on and on about Alpha Phi. I am an Alpha Phi for eternity.

Alpha Sigma Alpha - I love the lady bug!

Alpha Sigma Tau - They were the first sorority on my campus. Their girls are super sweet. During Greek Week, when we are competing against a different sorority, they are sitting next to us cheering us on.

Alpha Xi Delta - Xi! Gotta love the only NPC group who uses Xi.

Chi Omega - Very nice girls. I love the name of their colors: cardinal and straw.

Delta Delta Delta - Super cute mascot!

Delta Gamma - I love the anchor and the fact that you have a brother fraternity.

Delta Phi Epsilon - I love the logo.

Delta Zeta - Turtle turtle! I like turtles!!

Gamma Phi Beta - Fellow Syracuse Triad! All Gamma Phi's I've met are extremely nice and down to earth.

Kappa Alpha Theta - Very classic colors. Nice.

Kappa Delta - The KD's I know are wonderful women, a great representation of Greek Life.

Kappa Kappa Gamma - The key!

Phi Mu - Pink! My signature color.

Phi Sigma Sigma - Their flower: American Beauty Rose.

Pi Beta Phi - I love the arrowand the unofficial symbol of the angel.

Sigma Delta Tau - I love their philanthropy!

Sigma Kappa - Their symbols: dove and heart.

Sigma Sigma Sigma - They have a very nice group of girls on my campus. Really sweet girls.

Theta Phi Alpha - Their symbol, the compass, is very unique. I like it.

Zeta Tau Alpha - All ZTA's I have met are an awesome representation of your organization. They are very well-rounded women.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-13-2003, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SATX*APhi

Delta Gamma - I love the anchor and the fact that you have a brother fraternity.
Unfortunately, we do not have a brother fraternity. Phi Delta Theta member George Banta helped with the expansion of Delta Gamma in the North and was initiated into Delta Gamma, however, Phi Delta Theta is not officially our brother fraternity. But it is wonderful that we do have that type of connection with an IFC group.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Delta Pi---One of our advisers at Ole Miss was an ADII here but since her chapter closed a few years ago we recruited here to be an adviser and she ROCKS! She is a true lady. Also, my former boss was an ADII at Ole Miss too and I love her to death.

Alpha Gamma Delta--My Best friend was and Alpha Gam at U of Alabama and I stayed with her many times at their house. Wonderful group of women, plus I love their colors!

Alpha Omicron Pi--well I'm an AOII and a double legacy and my sister is an AOII and I could gone on and on.......

Alpha Phi-My home ec teacher was an Alpha Phi------she could cook up a mean jambalaya!

Alpha Xi Delta--I love their badge and my best friend's mother was an Alpha Zee at Ole Miss in the 70s....

Chi Omega---Love the owl, love it all....Chi O's rock and at Ole Miss they are one of the top sororities....I also love their house here!

Delta Delta Delta--I love the way they have a badge for mothers, I believe I'm right, and it's call Psi Psi Psi.....I am also proud to say that this 2004 the Tri Delts at Ole Miss will be celebrating 100 years! Rock on DDD!

Delta Gamma--Well, DG was founded in Oxford, MS at the Lewis School for Women...I power walk each night by the historial marker! I love their anchors they place in front of each house....

Delta Zeta---My two best friends were Dee Zee's, one at LSU and one at USM in Hattiesburg, MS....I love the turtle, and the colors...

Kappa Alpha Theta--Theta rocks! The kite is an awesome symbol!
They are awesome at Ole Miss too!

Kappa Delta--I love KD! I have had many friends that were KDs and they all embody everything that a lady should be! The chapter here at Ole Miss is one of their top chapters I believe!

Kappa Kappa Gamma--My aunts were Kappa's at LSU so I'm all about KKG! They rock! Light blue and dark blue are two of my fave colors!

Phi Mu---At Ole Miss the Phi Mu's rock too! They just donated a fountain which is on campus in the quad and it is gorgeous!

Pi Beta Phi--My best friends were Pi Phi's at Ole Miss! I love Pi Phi's and the Pi Phi advisor at Ole Miss is awesome!

Zeta Tau Alpha--I absolutely love ZTA's badge...it is one of my favorites and I saw one once done in all opals! It was amazing! Also, my best friends were ZTA's here back in the day!
Old 08-13-2003, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

[Hijack]

OleMissGlitter-
You can have non-AOPi's be advisors?! How does that work?

[/end hijack]
Old 08-13-2003, 03:11 PM

<hijack answer>

Very well, actually! Of course there are some advising positions that must be held by an AOII alumna, and there may be some activities that non-member advisers would not be invited to. I'm sure those chapters with non-members on their AAC make sure to explain these situations so there are no hurt feelings, though. But for positions such as scholarship and financial adviser (just off the top of my head!), it would be easy to fulfill the requirements of the position without being an initiated member. Unfortunately, there aren't always enough alumnae willing or able to serve as an adviser where needed. Allowing non-members to serve gives the collegiate chapter the support and resources they need from their advising team (and is just a darned great introduction to our sisterhood for those considering AI )

</end hijack answer>
Old 08-13-2003, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes XO_kathy, our philanthropy advisor is an ADII from Ole Miss. She is awesome because she works on campus and she is easily accessible and her office is down the street from the house. She was friends with many AOIIs while she was in school. Also, I know that if a woman was a member of another GLO she had to have attended Ole Miss in order to be an advisor for us.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hannahgirl
Unfortunately, we do not have a brother fraternity. Phi Delta Theta member George Banta helped with the expansion of Delta Gamma in the North and was initiated into Delta Gamma, however, Phi Delta Theta is not officially our brother fraternity. But it is wonderful that we do have that type of connection with an IFC group.
I always understood thta they were your brother fraternity. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SATX*APhi
I always understood thta they were your brother fraternity. Thanks for the clarification.
Not a problem.....I always thought they were too until a year or so ago when I found out that they officially were not. Delta Gamma mentions it to in the fun fact section of our website i believe.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

love this topic!

Alpha Chi Omega - One of my friends from high school became an A Chi O at a different school..I always see her when I'm at home and confuse her lavalier with mine (Chi O)..she is the prettiest, sweetest girl and I'm sure her whole chapter is as well!

Alpha Delta Pi - I love their sisterhood on my campus...a bunch of them always are eating lunch together in the union and their halls are always decorated..they just have a GREAT sisterhood!

Alpha Epsilon Phi - Ooh...I love the meaning behind the phrase their name was derived from: "May friendship be everlasting"

Alpha Gamma Delta - I really love the opening page on the website! And all you AGD GCers are awesome

Alpha Omicron Pi - I LOVE these girls at my school! I loved them all during recruitment as well.

Alpha Phi - Silver and bourdeaux..just sounds and looks classy!

Alpha Sigma Alpha - The four exemplars are very awesome, and I love that the website gives explanations for all the symbols!

Alpha Sigma Tau - So interesting that it started out as an educational sorority!

Alpha Xi Delta - I'll agree with using Xi in the name as being great!

Chi Omega - Partial here... I love our symphony, the Make-A-Wish foundation, the owl, the flower, the crest, everything (even the skull and crossbones :-P)

Delta Delta Delta - They were my second choice during recruitment. I love the whole water-theme (dolphin, trident, etc.)

Delta Gamma - Anchorsplash is by far the best philanthropy event I've ever heard of!

Delta Phi Epsilon -The logo is way interesting and..I love unicorns!

Delta Zeta - The lamp is so cool, and I love rose and green!

Gamma Phi Beta - They have a very catchy recruitment song and on philanthropy night they had a camping theme..very memorable and cute.

Kappa Alpha Theta - If I could be in any other sorority, it would be Theta. No chapter at my school . Every Theta I have met is fun and wonderful and I love everything about the organization - the kite is great!

Kappa Delta - KD just colonized at ASU and two of my very good friends there joined..I loved to look at all of their new KD paraphenelia (sp?)!

Kappa Kappa Gamma - Every chapter I hear about is one of the top chapters at school. Great group of ladies all around!

Phi Mu - I have never met a Phi Mu, but from GC and what I hear about Phi Mu, the ladies personify "southern belle" to me! I love it!

Phi Sigma Sigma - The American Beauty Rose and the sphinx..what a cool symbol!

Pi Beta Phi - Pi Phi was the first sorority I ever learned about, and I think the arrow and the angel are great!

Sigma Delta Tau - What a great philanthropy - Prevent Child Abuse America.

Sigma Kappa - I love violets!

Sigma Sigma Sigma - First NPC group with a chapter in Alaska!

Theta Phi Alpha - The badge is gorgeous! It is so simple yet elegant!

Zeta Tau Alpha - I absolutely adore the crown! All of the ZTAs get to be real princesses! And the strawberry is so cute! I am so jealous of these girls!
Old 08-19-2003, 01:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
*bump*

This is such a cool thread, I think it needs to continue

And OleMissGlitter missed some
Old 08-20-2003, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Quote:
Originally posted by AOIIalum
<hijack answer>

Very well, actually! Of course there are some advising positions that must be held by an AOII alumna, and there may be some activities that non-member advisers would not be invited to. I'm sure those chapters with non-members on their AAC make sure to explain these situations so there are no hurt feelings, though. But for positions such as scholarship and financial adviser (just off the top of my head!), it would be easy to fulfill the requirements of the position without being an initiated member. Unfortunately, there aren't always enough alumnae willing or able to serve as an adviser where needed. Allowing non-members to serve gives the collegiate chapter the support and resources they need from their advising team (and is just a darned great introduction to our sisterhood for those considering AI )

</end hijack answer>
I think that's pretty awesome about having non-member advisers...I know we all hope that the outpouring of support from alumni members will be overwhelming, but it just doesn't seem to happen that way (and I'm including myself in that statement! ) I also want to say thanks for all the lovely comments about ADPi....I'm sure if we hadn't come first, there would be some fine women from your organizations that would have stepped up to the plate. I appreciate everything that your organizations contribute to the world of NPC. You all rock!
Old 08-22-2003, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

There are WAY too many NPC groups for me to fit in to this in my tired state, so i am going to discuss the ones that I know personally.

Delta Phi Epsilon-I just worked with a girl this summer who was a D PHI E at C.W. Post, and though she only stayed there for a year she said it was one of the best of her life. Something has to be said about an organization that could effect someone so much over the course of a school year. GOOD JOB GIRLS! (plus, i do enjoy the purple..of course).

Chi Omega-The only other Panhellenic sorority at my school. Some of my best friends are Chi-O, and are amazing women. It is actually kind of funny b/c a friend of mine in Tulane also pledged chi-o. They all have a great spirit. I do have to say, that i am slightly jealous of the owl mascot...you try finding a stuffed sailboat for your little sister...let me save you the search, there aren't any! Great girls, very strong nationally.

Alpha Phi-Faded out of my school recently. It would be nice to have them back at school. We need more! I know that they also have a very strong national organization backing them up.

Kappa Alpha Theta- Props to Theta in Boulder. One of my best friends is a Theta there and adores it. From what I get from her you are very chill girls who are great friends and know how to have fun...YAY THETA! Very cool colors, you gotta love when a sorority color is a basic color (black or white)...it makes finding clothes in that color verysimple.

Shout out to tri-delta because whenever peoplewho don't really now sororities here i'm a tri-sigma they think i'm a tri-delt. Yay for tri-sororities.

Delta Gamma-I also worked with some DG's this summer, all breathtakingly beautiful girls inside and out. I do also appreciate the nautical theme you've got going on.

And of course...Tri-Sigma-I am biased, but i love the opportunities the org. has given me. It is still somewhat small nationaly (compared to some others). I have had many woman come up to me who were sigma's elsewhere and swap memories or stories than i can remember. The doll collecton is pretty awesome. A very diverse organization...one that i plan on staying involved with post-graduation (which is approaching way too quickly).

I apoligize to the orgs. i left out, i know that you all have redeeming qualities...but this girl needs her sleep.
GREEK LOVE EVERYONE!
Old 12-18-2003, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, this needs a bump. Reading all this positivity has brightened the end of my scummy day!
Old 12-18-2003, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to efcheerBB
I've got some free time, so I decided to do this. To those GLO's that I don't know much about, sorry if what I put seems somewhat impersonal.

Alpha Chi Omega- I know one of your sisters at Southwest Missouri State University and she is awesome. She lived with my best friend their Freshmen and Sophomore years of college. I got to know her and I think she rocks.

Alpha Delta Pi- You were founded on my birthday, yea. Also I like how you are called Alpha's when you are new members, Delta's as actives and Pi's as alumnae.

Alpha Epsilon Phi- I like the pearl program aspect to your new member term.

Alpha Gamma Delta- I like how you have different levels of alumnae status to help those who just graduated transition to being an alumnae.

Alpha Omicron Pi- I adore the AOPi's here. This is the chapter I would have joined had I not joined my house. They have done great in the past year growing to 70 members strong as well as being the Chapter of the Year for two years running.

Alpha Phi- It's cool that your mascot is named after a constellation (or am I misunderstanding that, feel free to correct me)

Alpha Sigma Alpha- I like how your colors and your exemplars go hand in hand--that you have a color for each exemplar.

Alpha Sigma Tau- Your flower, the lovely yellow (tea) rose is the same as mine and that is awesome.

Alpha Xi Delta- I like your National President's Medallion and how it has a link for every chapter and I like how your open motto goes with your badge.

Chi Omega- Your colors and flowers are pretty. You had the help of a male to develop your ritual and constitution. It's unique to have a male know those secrets about you.

Delta Delta Delta- The Stars and Crescent Badge is pretty.

Delta Gamma- The chapter here have a successful Anchor Splash every year.

Delta Phi Epsilon- The unicorn is a unique mascot and I like unicorns.

Delta Zeta- It's awesome that you have a National Foundation to supply loans to those sisters who need it.

Gamma Phi Beta- The design of your crest is nice. I will never forget the chapter here due to an unexpected event when I was going through Formal Recrutment last fall.

Kappa Alpha Theta- Their house at MSU is georgeous. I admire Dian Fossey emensly and I just found out that she's a Theta. I'm a little jealous of you guys to be able to call her a sister.

Kappa Delta- Great philanthropy and I like the traditions of the Loving Cup and the Baby Cup.

Kappa Kappa Gamma- Your coat of arms is elegant and I like that. Plus, I think using the same color just in different hues is a nice idea.

Phi Mu- Your colors are pretty and I like the idea of having a lion as a mascot.

Phi Sigma Sigma- I like how you highlight a chapter that you find worthy of being recognized.

Pi Beta Phi- It's very cool that your crest is based off one (well two ) of your founding mother's family crest.

Sigma Delta Tau- I'm a little biased like most are about their GLO

Sigma Kappa- The girls on at my campus are awesome. What your symbols signify (openly) is amazing.

Sigma Sigma Sigma- Your colors and symbol are very cool. I absolutely think that the idea of a doll collection is awesome so that you can look back and see the fashions that were of that time.

Theta Phi Alpha- The penguin is a cute mascot. One of my sisters is obsessed with them and she will be a excited to hear that a NPC chapter uses that as their mascot.

Zeta Tau Alpha- The roommate of one of my sisters is a ZTA and she is awesome. Congrats on gaining an awesome woman. I love the regality of the five-pointed crown, your coat of arms is georgeous and I love the idea of having links to combine and show the connection of all the ZTA chapters.

GO GREEN GO WHITE
Old 12-19-2003, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay...this completely just brought tears to my eyes!!! I love reading that Phi Mu epitomizes Southern womanhood in several posts. That makes me feel so "genteel!" Anyway....here I go:

Alpha Chi Omega- I've always liked ya'll's history. It's very interesting!

Alpha Delta Pi- My best friend is an ADPi, and she is the absolute most awesome girl I know! If the rest of her sisters are anything like her, than ya'll are an amazing group! I also feel close to your organization because of our similar foundings! The first and the finest is a cute motto, too!!

Alpha Epsilon Phi- Ya'll have the prettiest open motto!

Alpha Gamma Delta- Okay, the squirrel is just too cute!!! And all Alpha Gams I have ever met have a really strong sisterhood!

Alpha Omicron Pi- AOPi recently tried colonizing at MSU. While it didn't quite work out, I fell in love with your chapter. I love the rose, the badge, the panda (who has no natural enemies), and just about everything else about your chapter! I wish ya'll were here!

Alpha Phi- My mom always talked about how she liked ya'll chapter when she was in college!

Alpha Sigma Alpha- Yea for ladybugs!!!

Alpha Sigma Tau- For some reason I just think that your founding is interesting!!

Alpha Xi Delta- I like your National President's Medallion and how it has a link for every chapter (ditto...i looked at it on yor website and it is amazing!)

Chi Omega- I think the symphony is beautiful.....and some of my best friends are Chi O's here at State!

Delta Delta Delta- This year during rush at State, Tri Delta used Delta Delta delta airlines as their theme for theme night. It was by far the best house!!! (I was on panhellenic exec...)

Delta Gamma- The chapter here at state is incredibly involved on campus!

Delta Phi Epsilon- I like to say your nickname....D-Phi-E....for some reason it has a great ring to it!!

Delta Zeta- Pink and green are great colors, and I think the turtle is super cute!! A precious little girl from my hometown just went DZ at UT and I think that she is awesome!!!

Gamma Phi Beta- I just think of amazing sisterhood when I think of this organization!

Kappa Alpha Theta- What a house that is steeped n tradition! I think ya'll have some really cool alumnae!

Kappa Delta- The KD's here at my school are the kind of girls that I love to hang out with, and they are all gorgeous!!!!

Kappa Kappa Gamma- I like the fleu-de-lis, and I love the way that ya'll are mentioned in so many movies and books!

Phi Mu- Awww...I am just a bit biased, of course, but my sisters mean the world to me!!!! Love, honor, truth!!!!

Phi Sigma Sigma- I like yall's badge! It is very unique!

Pi Beta Phi- My favorite youth group leader from my church in high school was a Pi Phi. I wanted to be just like her, but my school doesn't have a chapter!!

Sigma Delta Tau- This is a chapter that I had never heard of, but now that I have read about them here at GC and looked at their website, I'm so impressed! I think its a great organization!

Sigma Kappa- A girl I worked with at camp this summer was a Sigma Kappa, and she absolutely loved her organiztion!! I think that it says so much about a GLO when its members are so openly positive about it!!

Sigma Sigma Sigma- I love the slogan...It's all the Greek you need to know!

Theta Phi Alpha- Ya'lls national President is a faculty member at my school! Ms. Callais is amazing. She is so Pro-Greek and Pro-Theta Phi Alpha that she inspirational. In fact, each year she comes and speaks to our chapter for a sisterhood activity! She is just a wonderful woman, and you are so blessed to have her working for you!!!

Zeta Tau Alpha- My roomate freshman year was a Zeta, and I always was jealous at the "Only the best get crowned" thing! It's so cute!!!!