GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,034
0 members and 1,034 guests
No Members online

Old 08-04-2010, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Fruity Recruitment

Hello there. I'll be rushing in a few weeks and I figured I'd set up my rush thread now. There are sixteen chapters at my school (SEC) and I'll use fruits to represent them.

Apples
Bananas
Blueberries
Cherries
Grapes
Kiwis
Lemons
Limes
Mangoes
Oranges
Peaches
Pineapples
Raspberries
Strawberries
Tangerines
Watermelons

Our schedule consists of orientation, two days of first round, second round, third round, prefs and then bid day! This will probably be live and written with discretion, but it's possible that I might delay it a few days. We shall see, GC.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm liking raspberries, pineapples, peaches, and blueberries!
Old 08-04-2010, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Go Kiwi!

Good luck!
Old 08-04-2010, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm probably rooting Kiwi, Orange, or Strawberry

(Says the girl with Cherry in her name LOL)
Old 08-04-2010, 02:56 AM
GreekChat Member

What, no pears?!
I'm rooting for Mangoes, then!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

go watermelons! good luck from a fellow PNM!!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Must we cheer random fruits and add 26854 extranous posts before the story even starts? I wish we could DVR rush threads and auto-scroll through the insipidness to the actual story. Sigh.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Must we cheer random fruits and add 26854 extranous posts before the story even starts? I wish we could DVR rush threads and auto-scroll through the insipidness to the actual story. Sigh.
You can, just read the intro post and then type Ctrl+F and the OP's name until you see their next post. Also, waiting several weeks helps
Old 08-04-2010, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Usually I feel the same, but in this thread in particular (and some of the newe ones) it's mostly PNMs/GC newbies who are just excited about rush...And they're excitement makes me excited
Old 08-04-2010, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
You can, just read the intro post and then type Ctrl+F and the OP's name until you see their next post. Also, waiting several weeks helps
Its part of the reason I haven't added mine yet, but I thought it was ok to be chatting here before recruitment actually starts? Should we wait until it gets underway?
Old 08-04-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherrySonata View Post
Its part of the reason I haven't added mine yet, but I thought it was ok to be chatting here before recruitment actually starts? Should we wait until it gets underway?
Yes it is. What Drolefille means is that posting your rush story on here while you're in the midst of the overemotional time that it is isn't always a good plan. It might be better for you to write everything down on paper as it happens, then once you have time for everything to settle, post it on GC.

The point being that you don't want to come on here and go OMG THOSE WHORESKANKS AT ABC CUT ME when you are upset.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
The point being that you don't want to come on here and go OMG THOSE WHORESKANKS AT ABC CUT ME when you are upset.
haha good call 33girl!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Yes it is. What Drolefille means is that posting your rush story on here while you're in the midst of the overemotional time that it is isn't always a good plan. It might be better for you to write everything down on paper as it happens, then once you have time for everything to settle, post it on GC.

K, that definitely makes sense. That was what I heard earlier. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking any 'official' rules or anything!

(I think posting a delayed story makes a lot of sense; I just meant that I wasn't sure if we were allowed to chat here first, but thanks for clearing that up. )
Old 08-04-2010, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherrySonata View Post
No no I was just suggesting that people don't have to read the chit chat. There's no problem chitchatting. It can be a bit silly for people to start cheering for colors/actors/books/vampires ahead of time, but they don't mean anything by it other than encouragement.

I do support a delayed story just to relieve the stress from you and to protect you from any aftereffects of anything you post or feel. It's normal to be upset at a chapter that cuts you for example, but it's better not to post about it in the heat of the moment, particularly when you'll regret those words later.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
No no I was just suggesting that people don't have to read the chit chat. There's no problem chitchatting. It can be a bit silly for people to start cheering for colors/actors/books/vampires ahead of time, but they don't mean anything by it other than encouragement.

I do support a delayed story just to relieve the stress from you and to protect you from any aftereffects of anything you post or feel. It's normal to be upset at a chapter that cuts you for example, but it's better not to post about it in the heat of the moment, particularly when you'll regret those words later.
OK, that makes sense. I think it is really good advice! Thanks so much for being nice to us GC newbies *LOL*