GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,569
0 members and 2,569 guests
No Members online

Old 08-10-2010, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

What being greek means to me.

Wow... it's already been a year since I went through rush! I reread my OWN recruitment story and it was very difficult reading it because I remember so vividly how much I loved certain chapters, and all the stress and adjustments I was going through that year. Family, adjusting to the university and having my own apartment, rush stress lol. But now... I would never trade in ΑΟΠ for anything. ΑΟΠ is my life. Our ritual is so beautiful, my sisters are so fun to be around, our sisterhood is so tight, we are all so close to each other. When I see my other pan sisters I feel like I have a common bond with them (being greek). I am glad I have friends in different houses.

This is my first year recruiting on the other side and I am SO happy to NOT be outside in 90 degree weather, sweating & hair frizzing is just not my thing Our recruitment retreat is next week! I cannot wait to see all my sisters!

My twin and I decided to make my big a jersey since her big never made her one. We are planning on surprising her the last day of our retreat with her jersey. She wanted one before she goes alum which is in the Spr '11. Twin and I thought of a good nickname for her and I am going to get it made tomorrow, so she can wear it by Saturday which there is an event where sorority members try to talk to PNMs about recruitment and going greek. I will be attending!

My plans this fall semester is taking a position or two within ΑΟΠ. Partipating in other sororities' philanthropies (I am excited about Sig Delt's lip sync!!) getting only A's and B's and taking a little! I will keep you all updated!!

Last edited by mittens; 08-10-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-11-2010, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittens View Post
Wow... it's already been a year since I went through rush! I reread my OWN recruitment story and it was very difficult reading it because I remember so vividly how much I loved certain chapters, and all the stress and adjustments I was going through that year. Family, adjusting to the university and having my own apartment, rush stress lol. But now... I would never trade in ΑΟΠ for anything. ΑΟΠ is my life. Our ritual is so beautiful, my sisters are so fun to be around, our sisterhood is so tight, we are all so close to each other. When I see my other pan sisters I feel like I have a common bond with them (being greek). I am glad I have friends in different houses.

This is my first year recruiting on the other side and I am SO happy to NOT be outside in 90 degree weather, sweating & hair frizzing is just not my thing Our recruitment retreat is next week! I cannot wait to see all my sisters!

My twin and I decided to make my big a jersey since her big never made her one. We are planning on surprising her the last day of our retreat with her jersey. She wanted one before she goes alum which is in the Spr '11. Twin and I thought of a good nickname for her and I am going to get it made tomorrow, so she can wear it by Saturday which there is an event where sorority members try to talk to PNMs about recruitment and going greek. I will be attending!

My plans this fall semester is taking a position or two within ΑΟΠ. Partipating in other sororities' philanthropies (I am excited about Sig Delt's lip sync!!) getting only A's and B's and taking a little! I will keep you all updated!!

Ahhh..umm LOVE THIS and you!!! I cant wait to see you next week and recruitment!!!! You're gonna do great sisterrrrr!