GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Non Greek Letter (NGL) > Swing Phi Swing
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,216
2 members and 2,214 guests
John

Old 04-01-2004, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SiKeS
Question What is Swing Phi Swing?!

what is swing phi swing?
hehehe
-Matt
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-01-2004, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

SWING PHI SWING Social Fellowship, Incorporated is a non-profit organization dedicated to community service, academic excellence and heightening community and cultural consciousness. The organization's specific purpose is to Support Women In Need of Growth. Support which facilitates the attainment of goals that are necessary for personal and professional growth. The programmatic thrust of this organization is scholarship assistance and collaboration with other organizations sharing a common interest.

http://www.swingphiswing.org/
Old 01-06-2005, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

This group

Does anyone have this group at their campus?
Old 01-09-2005, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

WoW these groups are popin up everday, what happen to tradition?

West Virginia University Ques

Last edited by wvuques; 01-09-2005 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wvuques
This group is not new. Although, it has not been around as long as my org, it's not new. It was founded in the late 60s.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Please, then, define for us how long a group has to exist before it can be considered as a "traditional group."
Old 01-29-2005, 03:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to spring04_swing
Quote:
Originally posted by Intense1920
SWING PHI SWING Social Fellowship, Incorporated is a non-profit organization dedicated to community service, academic excellence and heightening community and cultural consciousness. The organization's specific purpose is to Support Women In Need of Growth. Support which facilitates the attainment of goals that are necessary for personal and professional growth. The programmatic thrust of this organization is scholarship assistance and collaboration with other organizations sharing a common interest.

http://www.swingphiswing.org/
Yep, that's it in a nut shell.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Quote:

How silly.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to cjoanell Send a message via MSN to cjoanell Send a message via Yahoo to cjoanell
Re: This group

Quote:
Originally posted by Boodleboy322
Does anyone have this group at their campus?
We had Grooves on cmapus at Lincoln Univ and believe that the Swings had just left before I got there in 96.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Aduladi
Quote:

As a founder and member of a multicutural organization, I take personal offense to the suggestion that any organization is not "traditional" or that it needs to be in existence for a particular amount of time for it to be considered worthy of respect. I'm not sure how you were pledged into your current organization, but my personal belief and way of training new members is to respect the contributions and efforts of every Greek organization regardless of where or why it was founded. As a founder, I know how hard it has been for us to thrive on campuses, and I know that if not for the help of other Greeks we would have a much harder time. (shout out to AKA, A Phi A and DST) I would suggest to those out there who don't have this perspective that you need to take a closer look at your organization's history and recognize that without the help of people in other organizations and sometimes outside or Greek life, your organization may not have survived to this point.

Remember: no matter the letter, we're all Greek together.

Peace and Blessings
"Dare to be Different"
http://www.omicronlambdapi.com
Old 03-28-2005, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Very well said. I just wanted to interject that my school has recently added Swing Phi Swing to the mix of Orgnaizations on campus. They's only been here for a matter of months and no one has seen them do anything, but, that goes back to the number of women that are currently active in their chapter (3). So, they're working hard! But, I also know that when the Swings "probated" they dissed the BGLO's on my campus...not necessarily a good way to start off on a college campus dominated by GLO's.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by APhiOKUGrl
Very well said. I just wanted to interject that my school has recently added Swing Phi Swing to the mix of Orgnaizations on campus. They's only been here for a matter of months and no one has seen them do anything, but, that goes back to the number of women that are currently active in their chapter (3). So, they're working hard! But, I also know that when the Swings "probated" they dissed the BGLO's on my campus...not necessarily a good way to start off on a college campus dominated by GLO's.

Not saying that it's right, but around here, people do it all of the time in probates, step shows, chants, etc. As long as it isn't below-the-belt insults, it doesn't cause a problem on our campus (HU). We had a blurb or 2 about BGLOs when we probated as well. But, we also greeted some. We're all working towards the same goal, just taking different paths.

Anyway, e-shot-outs to the ECU girls! I can't wait to finally meet you all!
Old 03-30-2005, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

That is so true. I only heard about the dissing, because I didn't know unil it was too late that they were probating, else I would have gone to see what they were all about. It's always interesting to see who choses the "Road less traveled". Many a time it is the person(s) that are likely to appreciate their successes more because they KNOW they have to struggle for them.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by APhiOKUGrl
That is so true. I only heard about the dissing, because I didn't know unil it was too late that they were probating, else I would have gone to see what they were all about. It's always interesting to see who choses the "Road less traveled". Many a time it is the person(s) that are likely to appreciate their successes more because they KNOW they have to struggle for them.

Girl, you should get those last couple of statements copywritten...that's definately the truth!
Old 03-31-2005, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Honestly, I just am greatful that there are people out there going against the grain and fighting for respect and human rights...those are the people that make others aspire to greater heights. Unfortunately not everyone is a leader, but it takes a great leader for people to follow. So, set the mold! Do your thang ladies!! And I wanted to say that there are people out here that appreciate your efforts, regardless if they are in the open or in the works. I take it you're a member of Swing Phi Swing?