GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,169
1 members and 1,168 guests
Low D Flat

Old 10-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

so far, so good.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I love that you're keeping an open mind and not letting your overall rankings from last year factor in too much. Looks like you're matching best with Europe rather than American... good luck!!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Oooh I just love this story!! More more more
Old 10-14-2009, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey so I'm sick and I have a quiz tomorrow. So sucky I know.

I'll try to post more after classes tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Eh, still not feeling good. But I thought I'd feed your craving

The next day one of my awesome Rho Gam’s gave me my schedule:
1. Barcelona
2. London
3. Rome
4. BREAK

I was super excited to have my top three. I really couldn’t picture myself at either Paris or Tokyo, so I wasn’t too upset over losing them and having the break.

Girls chatted about their favorite houses. So many of them absolutely loved Tokyo and Barcelona. I also heard many good things about Los Angeles as well. This made me feel good, because I knew I was basing my decision on where I felt at home, rather than the “tiers.”

Barcelona was so great! I got paired with a girl and we chatted the ENTIRE time. She asked about my mom, and said that she knew I had already gone through, so that made everything a lot less awkward. We just talked and went through the house, but she wasn’t pointing every little thing out, we would go into bedrooms so we could stop and talk even more with out clogging the halls.

London was interesting. I had such a good time earlier, but the girl I had today had a very different sense of humor. We walked around the house but she just showed me the rooms. I tried to start a conversation but she really wasn’t talking to me. She cut me off NUMEROUS times to show me another bedroom. Ugh. I had really enjoyed them the days prior, so I may have just been paired with a bad rusher.

Rome was good. I really liked their actual house, it was definitely my favorite of the day. The girl I had was good too. We had a lot of commonalities. However there were some awkward girls that I really didn’t feel comfortable with.

It was hard choosing between London and Rome. I had truly enjoyed London in the days prior, and didn’t feel so great today. While Rome I felt pretty good in everyday but I wasn’t super excited about the house.

So I ranked them
1. Barcelona
2. London
And I “regretted”
3. Rome

I had like all of them—they were my top three, so if one of them drops me and I get Rome instead, I wouldn’t be upset.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrygloss View Post
Eh, still not feeling good. But I thought I'd feed your craving

The next day one of my awesome Rho Gam’s gave me my schedule:
1. Barcelona
2. London
3. Rome
4. BREAK

I was super excited to have my top three. I really couldn’t picture myself at either Paris or Tokyo, so I wasn’t too upset over losing them and having the break.

Girls chatted about their favorite houses. So many of them absolutely loved Tokyo and Barcelona. I also heard many good things about Los Angeles as well. This made me feel good, because I knew I was basing my decision on where I felt at home, rather than the “tiers.”

Barcelona was so great! I got paired with a girl and we chatted the ENTIRE time. She asked about my mom, and said that she knew I had already gone through, so that made everything a lot less awkward. We just talked and went through the house, but she wasn’t pointing every little thing out, we would go into bedrooms so we could stop and talk even more with out clogging the halls.

London was interesting. I had such a good time earlier, but the girl I had today had a very different sense of humor. We walked around the house but she just showed me the rooms. I tried to start a conversation but she really wasn’t talking to me. She cut me off NUMEROUS times to show me another bedroom. Ugh. I had really enjoyed them the days prior, so I may have just been paired with a bad rusher.

Rome was good. I really liked their actual house, it was definitely my favorite of the day. The girl I had was good too. We had a lot of commonalities. However there were some awkward girls that I really didn’t feel comfortable with.

It was hard choosing between London and Rome. I had truly enjoyed London in the days prior, and didn’t feel so great today. While Rome I felt pretty good in everyday but I wasn’t super excited about the house.

So I ranked them
1. Barcelona
2. London
And I “regretted”
3. Rome

I had like all of them—they were my top three, so if one of them drops me and I get Rome instead, I wouldn’t be upset.
So far so good! Excited for your next post!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

drink lots of liquids-hot tea with lemon is good for sore throats and feel better!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks everyone! Didn't get any sleep last night though due to the fact I couldn't breathe

PREF NIGHT!

So I had about 1000 butterflies in my stomach hoping that my Rho Gamma wouldn’t call me and tell me that no one invited me back. I hoped that Barcelona went well enough, which I’m pretty sure went well, but I was pretty sure London and Rome wouldn’t invite me back. Thankfully, as the time got closer and closer to the starting time I felt better and didn’t receive a call.

My schedule was:
1. Barcelona
2. Rome

I was super excited!!! After thinking all day I thought that Rome would be such a better fit for me than London, even though I did like the girls. I just felt more comfortable and more like myself at Rome than London.

As Barcelona sisters called girls in, the PNM and sister all recognized each other and were very excited. I was scared that I would get someone I really didn’t remember. Thankfully when I saw Katie, the girl who rushed me the day before I knew she was going to be preffing me, and I was so excited! It was fun talking as we ate, then we watched a great slideshow that I could picture myself it. We then went upstairs and Katie talked about how much she could see me in that slideshow, how I just seemed to fit in perfectly and how all the girls were talking about how great I was and how they wanted me to join their house. It was so great! We then went downstairs and did the ceremony, and girls talked about finding other Barcelonas across the country (and Canada!) and how good it felt. This really reminded me of all the traveling my mom does for the sorority and it made me cry. Other girls talked about their experiences and even more tears came. I left and instantly knew they would be my #1

I then went to Rome, where I couldn’t really remember the girl (ahh! I felt so bad!). But we had such a great time. We went upstairs to talk and actually talked about awkward situations like having food stuck in your teeth, make up not blending, shaving uhh certain parts. It was so funny and I felt incredibly comfortable there. During the ceremony we had a great time again and we were laughing the entire time. As she walked me outside, my strapless dress fell! I caught it, but I’m pretty sure A LOT showed!! Yikes! We laughed if off though. I left feeling really good about Rome.

On the way back, my strapless bra ended up below my ribs. I thankfully had a coat to cover up though!!!!

Although I knew I’d be comfortable at Rome, I still had always been a huge fan of Barcelona.

So I ranked them
1. Barcelona
2. Rome

And as we were ranking, they announced that if you attended 2 pref parties you were guaranteed a bid!!!! I was so excited!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
Fingers crossed for Barcelona!!! Though it sounds like you'd be happy at either house.

Awful about the strapless bra, those things can be a pain in the ass!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
You should get resized! You know, about 75% of women are not wearing the right size (that's what we had to tell customers when I was working for VS. I'm pretty sure they pulled that number out of their ass...)
Old 10-15-2009, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't wait to hear where you receive a bid this time!
Old 10-15-2009, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Me neither!!

True to Gold and Double Blue, our Alpha Xi
Old 10-15-2009, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
You should get resized! You know, about 75% of women are not wearing the right size (that's what we had to tell customers when I was working for VS. I'm pretty sure they pulled that number out of their ass...)
I got sized during the summer. I'm a 33 around, so they round up to a 34. But I was sick before recruitment and lost 5lbs.

After pref night, I was 99% sure which one I was going to be. So that entire day I wasn't actually a nervous wreck (that is such a first for me)! When we got to the room under the Rec Center (yeah, reallll classy) because it was raining so hard, I started to get a little bit antsy. They made us wait forever!!

It ended up that one of my Rho Gammas was a Rome! and the other was a Paris!

Finally our bid cards were handed out. Our Rho Gammas finally said to go...

And I saw...

BARCELONA!!!

also known as....

KAPPA KAPPA GAMMA!
Old 10-15-2009, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on getting into your legacy, and the house where you felt at home!
Old 10-15-2009, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats! Welcome to Kappa! What a fabulous connection to have with your mom and so wonderful you ended up where you felt you fit.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.