GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 1,611
1 members and 1,610 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 01-15-2007, 02:16 PM

You do realize that the original post is over seven years old...

The OP has probably graduated HS long since, and possibly gone on to college and joined a college fraternity. You never know.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-15-2007, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

oh yeah?

How long does a post last on the GC?
Old 01-15-2007, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSonofOsiris View Post
Forever - well, as long as GC lasts.

(Unless someone screenshot it - then you're stuck as long as they have it)
Old 01-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
As long as it hasn't been deleted by admin or the moderators, there have been posts dating back to Summer [I believe] 1999. Check out the archive link on the bottom right hand corner of the page if you don't believe me.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post

The OP has probably graduated HS long since, and possibly gone on to college and joined a college fraternity. You never know.
You do realize we, or I atleast, was reponding to the post from the young cat posted today!
Old 01-15-2007, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

WoW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post

That's a damned shame, you mean that I wrote all of that for nothing? That dude is probably a member of the most famous Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated and I just don't know it.

The 7th
Old 01-15-2007, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You'll learn the difference once you have arrived at whatever college campus you are destined to attend, and make no bones about it, you "must" go to college lil' man, the only other option is the military, but, you will choose whatever direction is best for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalDSTination View Post
Please know you are NOT in a fraternity sweetie! I see your fire but after you graduate... that's it, your principal probably isnt even going to want you on campus anymore, you'll be trespassing!
You just need make sure your grades are up to par and stay focused... keep in 100 lil man!
Yes, and please pay special attention to your English and Writing classes! That will be the other thing that will kick your butt in college!

I think the concept of the band organization is pretty neat, though I agree, I don't see it as a fraternity.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Unregistered-

Oh Jesus H. Christ.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
You refer to your "Band frat" as "Inc." - are you actually incorporated, or did you just think it sounds cool?
Yes actually Incorporated from Michigan Gov purpose of our org is on the papers names of founders current officers we dont have any old advisors. Just high school level ages and we have a few first year college students that our in the organization we are spreading through out the urban high schools in detroit then we want to move towards the southern bands of Urban U.S.A.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalDSTination View Post
Please know you are NOT in a fraternity sweetie! I see your fire but after you graduate... that's it, your principal probably isnt even going to want you on campus anymore, you'll be trespassing!
Please dont get it twisted, we did all the same thing in high school, hell night and all, we were on hands & knees at a homecoming game, but compared to college, its a cake walk. You will have groupies in college just like you did in high school, they just call them aux groups now! You just need make sure your grades are up to par and stay focused... keep in 100 lil man!

I know this is just for my high school career thats why it say high school band fraternity . Why would I go backwards to high school when u excell to college?. Plus my principal is in ALPHA PHI Alpha Fraternity Inc. and he luvs the fact that we are in a independent fraternity no little brother of a national black frat. We clean the school every monday signed by his approval. We are working on a project for students to chill at out side the Omega Phi Xi Snack Study lounge after school and during students free periods decerated with our frat letters, shileds, colors etc cuz our school has a college set up
Old 01-15-2007, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q Phi Xi Ace View Post
My wonderful fraternity Omega Phi Xi Inc. is a wonderful band fraternity. We step we get hype the gurls luv us greek letter shirts, hoodies, hats,and Spray Painted Marching boots. We are not secrective of our frat the Principal knows about us we do community service for our city and School. Are high school is like a college campus feel and we plan to spray paint the trees bricks with our lettering in the ground our sheild on the wall and we got approved to do it. We are becoming a honorary band frat for DSA Marching Band. We go through pledgeing process rituals the fire from getting the smoke brought to u but after u cross it is worth being Omega Phi Xi Inc. trust me its alot of baseball swingers on the frat we are not little brothers of any national black fraternity and we are Legally Incorporated by the Michigan Government. We are great musicians and we do community service for our city we live up to the meaning of being Omega Phi Xi high school band frat. We are trying to go national in all urban high school marching bands because we are known through out the detroit high school bands and they are interested in becoming a chapters of Omega Phi Xi high school band fraternity Inc. we are all about brotherhood sticking together and male student body always ask how can I be a pledge and we say get in the band and get sweet on a instrument. and We have sistas as well and a social group called the Q Phi Sweeties dance team members,poms,flags,cheerleaders,and bad chicks that just go to the perspective high school.

Iron Man #1 Aces Wild
Triple Threat Line "Hell Night Was Worth it"
Alpha Chapter

WFX Inc.

R.I.T.B.I.F
I agree with a lot of the constructive comments all the collegiate Greeks have posted about your high school group. It's obvious that you all believe in what you are doing; just remember to keep it in the right perspective...
"Cadillac" #5 Spring 1988
Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity, Inc.
Theta Tau Chapter
Life Member #3922
Old 01-16-2007, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Bob Dole
You must be really unpopular if you want to start a fraternity. Join the athletics program if you want to be popular. it's four years, wait until college. Make the grades and get into a good school with a large greek population!

Bob Dole!

Hook'Em!
Old 01-16-2007, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
You must be really unpopular if you want to start a fraternity. Join the athletics program if you want to be popular. it's four years, wait until college. Make the grades and get into a good school with a large greek population!

Bob Dole!

Hook'Em!
do you go to school with him, cause you sound like a child?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

We had hs fraternities and sororities, but my class killed the sororities and the fraternities were long gone. There weren't enough rushees to have rush and they were officially disbanded that year. Mostly people joined them for the leadouts and the status and we had a ball replace the leadouts. There were a bad idea...made it easier to have tight knit cliques and had major alcohol problems.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post

Bob Dole!

Hook'Em!
Wow, everyone, please do not judge anyone else from Texas based on this posting. Thank you.