GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,340
2 members and 2,338 guests
No Members online

Old 05-14-2011, 08:08 AM
GreekChat Member

There are several BSPs on Greekchat. They have their own forum even. I don't think that Lynn meant that you simply buy your membership. We all buy our pins and memberships. I think it was the low cost she was addressing. You have to be invited into their membership and there is a pledging process.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-14-2011, 08:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I think my 1974 Initiation fee was about $100 including the Badge. Lots more these days!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
There are several BSPs on Greekchat. They have their own forum even. I don't think that Lynn meant that you simply buy your membership. We all buy our pins and memberships. I think it was the low cost she was addressing. You have to be invited into their membership and there is a pledging process.
Oh, okay. I interpreted it as like 'send us one payment of $64 and you're in!'. Gotcha! Our new member fee was $75 and our initiation fee was $160, but it included the basic silver scroll border badge. I wish it was only $100!
Old 05-14-2011, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw an girl in really cool back shirt with metallic gold Alpha Chi Omega letters at Old Navy.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

one of my sisters was in disney world and she was wearing kd flipflops and the Cinderella actress walked up to her and told her that she was a kd too so neat!
Old 05-14-2011, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

love it! I thought they could NEVER break character though haha! When I was in disney for convention they kept asking me and my friend if we had a "prince"
Old 05-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

THere was both a Tri Sigma and a Kappa on Wheel of Fortune yesterday. The Kappa won, but not the major prize.

As for dues, I mentioned how much I paid for my initiation pin to some of the collegians, and I thought they'd faint! It was the white gold (extra), minature (extra), with pearls, and sapphire points (a LOT extra), paid $49.50 for it, and people were stunned!
Old 05-14-2011, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I was in Disney world today wearing a AXO necklace and had a lady come up to me and tell me she was an AXO
Old 05-14-2011, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Finally MY letters for the first time! saw a girl in a URI panhellenic recruitment shirt. OK, so there were a lot of other group's letters too but the first time i've seen chi o letters off my campus!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I saw tons and tons of ZTA letters this past Saturday! We went to the Komen Race for the Cure in Columbus, and ZTA letters were all over. (I didn't run, but I think I will next year. I was there in support of the Columbus FD men and women who were running in their bunker pants). I saw cups, headbands, shirts... and the absolutely coolest - the bright pink "Survivor!" shirt that all the BC survivors wore had "Sponsored by ZTA" letters on the back! I took a picture of the back of the shirt, but I left my camera with my husband. I'll post it when I get it back from him.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw a lady in a DZ homecoming tshirt at Provino's tonight. Drove home from work behind a car with an ADPi sticker on the back window on Friday.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

TEP Hat

I haven't seen my sorority's symbols anywhere, HOWEVER I did see another sorority's letters somewhere you wouldn't expect... at a thrift store. Even though they were not mine, I felt really bad for them. I told the manager to hold the shirt off the rack for a week and then told one of the sisters that I knew. They got the shirt back and thanked me.

Still, it did scare me a bit
Old 05-16-2011, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OHNOITSJESS
I saw a girl in an AGD tank when I was moving out of my apartment on Friday, and we don't have a chapter at Tech.

There is a car with DG letters and an anchor decal down the street from my new house.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:11 AM
GreekChat Member

They aren't my letters but I couldn't help but smile when I saw it ::
I was watching the newest episode of Coming Home tonight, on Lifetime, and the very last "surprise" was a dad surprising his kids in a restaurant. One of the patrons was a Kappa Sigma, wearing a sweatshirt with his sewn on letters! Loved it!
Old 05-18-2011, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I found a Sigma in Nicki Minaj's Super Bass video! (look at the branded shoulder)