GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,321
1 members and 2,320 guests
Cookiez17

Old 10-16-2003, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
You Need It Now: Breakout gospel superstar Smokie Norful has had tremendous success since the release his debut album “I Need You Now.” Last year I raved about Smokie in this column and implored everyone to cop the project for themselves. It’s just that great! Smokie instantly became my favorite male gospel vocalist and I went on the record saying that there aren’t too many singers out, no matter what the genre, who could match his vocal acrobatics.

Next week, on Oct. 21, Smokie will release his next offering, “Limited Edition.” The disc is an eight-track EP that features four tracks recorded live at Smokie's Chicago-based home church. There’s also a new live version of "I Need You Now" recorded at Bishop T.D. Jakes' Manpower 2003 Conference in Atlanta, the Christmas song, "O Holy Night," and the "I Need You Now" music video. The album is a bridge between Smokie’s 2002 release and his next full project, which is slated for the summer of 2004.
Thanks for posting this, CT4!

Currently I'm listening to...

1. Fred Hammond: The new cd...that CD is sooo good!
2. Ricky Dillard: (I'll never stop listening to that CD--for those who know him, he will be recording live in Chicago next month!)
3. Byron Cage: His Current CD
4. Dorinda Clark-Cole-Her current one
5. MARY MARY-Their cd is still ALL THAT!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-16-2003, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ImaDiamond
A list of some very good CDs:

-The new Fred Hammond CD, especially "show yourself strong"

-The new John P. Kee "Not Guilty"

-I forget who sings this song, but maybe someone else will know... it's the Prayer of Jabez

-Karen Clark-Sheard's 'Finally Karen' CD and her song "Must be
Sure" (this is on her newest CD and I think that's the name of it

-Virtue's "Virtuosity" CD, song called "Til you Believe"

There's others, but these have gotten me through some very, very, VERY tough times

Come on, now, does it REALLY get any better than this?
Old 10-16-2003, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ImaDiamond
I forget who sings this song, but maybe someone else will know... it's the Prayer of Jabez
Donald Lawrence & The Tri-City Singers
Old 10-16-2003, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

CDS i'm loving right now:

1. donnie mcclurkin -"again"
2. gospel today - "praise & worship '02"
3. byron cage- "recorded live at newbirth"
4. hezekiah walker- "live at radio city music hall"
5. israel and new breed- "live" (the song trading my sorrows keeps me krunk)
6. bishop ronald brown-"old time church"

i love praise and worship, and these cds have really been uplifiting me!

check out this site for great new stuff:

http://www.nuthinbutgospel.net

Last edited by lostnfound117; 10-16-2003 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm lovin' the praise/church vibe up in here.

Got to prop my dude Marvin Sapp and his latest "Diary of a Psalmist."

it's in there...
~ Luke 19:10
Old 10-16-2003, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lostnfound117

check out this site for great new stuff:

http://www.nuthinbutgospel.net
or also www.gospelflava.com
~ Luke 19:10
Old 10-16-2003, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CrimsonAngel2001 Send a message via Yahoo to CrimsonAngel2001
two cd's that I'm loving at the second are by Gideon Band and Smokie Norful
Old 10-17-2003, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

can't wait to get this one.....

GOTTA HAVE GOSPEL Presented by Integrity Gospel and Gospo Centric

Integrity Gospel and Gospo Centric Records is set to release Gotta Have Gospel, a three-disc, mega compilation which features eight platinum and gold artists, 28 songs and five music videos.

Gotta Have Gospel, will be available at retail on November 11, marks the first major label partnership for Integrity Gospel and Gospo Centric and the first three-disc gospel compilation ever released into the Christian and general markets.

The project includes an "In The House" CD that features 14 traditional songs and an "On The Street" CD that features 14 urban songs including the newly recorded Mary Mary track, "Dance, Dance, Dance." The artist line-up includes: Mary Mary, Donnie McClurkin, CeCe Winans, Kirk Franklin, Yolanda Adams, Vickie Winans, Trin-i-tee 5:7, Israel and New Breed, Dottie Peoples, Shirley Caesar, Joe Pace & The Colorado Mass Choir, Kurt Carr, Dorinda Clark Cole, Lisa McClendon, T.D. Jakes, Ted & Sheri, Alvin Slaughter, Jeff Majors, the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, Byron Cage and Stephen Hurd. New artists featured include: Raymond & Co. (Integrity Gospel), Ty Tribbett (Columbia Records) and American Idol finalist R.J. Helton (Gospo Centric).

The third disc, a DVD, contains five videos from Mary Mary, Kirk Franklin, Joe Pace & The Colorado Mass Choir, Dorinda Clark Cole and Byron Cage. In addition, the disc contains electronic press kits for Lisa McClendon, Alvin Slaughter, Israel and new Gospo Centric artist Kelcey.
Old 10-17-2003, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I like both gospel and praise and worship, so here are mine:

1. Crystal Lewis - Holy, Holy, Holy
2. Various artist - Lim McFarland, Jennifer Holiday, etc.)- Divas of Gospel
3. Lakewood Church - Lakewood Live
4. Mississippi Mass Choir's Greatest Hits
Old 11-10-2003, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

KAREN CLARK-SHEARD'S NEW CD DROPPED TUESDAY, NOV. 4!

Karen's newest album The Heavens Are Telling contains five all new studio tracks as well as six soul-stirring live songs, recorded at husband Pastor J. Drew Sheard's church the Greater Emanuel Institutional Church of God in Christ in Detroit. Highlight tracks include 'We Acknowledge You', 'We Are Not Ashamed' featuring Mary Mary and 'Go Ahead' featuring Missy Elliott. Donald Lawrence and PAJAM, two of Gospel's foremost producers, produced all of the tracks on the album. The Heavens Are Telling reflects Karen's passion and commitment to the heart and spirit, with unmistakable power and emotion.

For more information, click here . She looks so beautiful! Check out her picture.

I bought this cd Saturday, and I've listened to it at least 10 times. It's AWESOME!!! She does a remake of Jill Scott's "HE LOVES ME" with her daughter, Kiara...PHENOMENAL is all I can say!!! Y'all have to get this cd!

Oh, Ricky Dillard recorded his 6th Album last Saturday. His CD is suppose to drop right at Christmas time or in January. Be on the look out!

Last edited by delph998; 11-10-2003 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: KAREN CLARK-SHEARD'S NEW CD DROPPED TUESDAY, NOV. 4!

Quote:
Originally posted by delph998
Karen's newest album The Heavens Are Telling contains five all new studio tracks as well as six soul-stirring live songs, recorded at husband Pastor J. Drew Sheard's church the Greater Emanuel Institutional Church of God in Christ in Detroit. Highlight tracks include 'We Acknowledge You', 'We Are Not Ashamed' featuring Mary Mary and 'Go Ahead' featuring Missy Elliott. Donald Lawrence and PAJAM, two of Gospel's foremost producers, produced all of the tracks on the album. The Heavens Are Telling reflects Karen's passion and commitment to the heart and spirit, with unmistakable power and emotion.

For more information, click here . She looks so beautiful! Check out her picture.

I bought this cd Saturday, and I've listened to it at least 10 times. It's AWESOME!!! She does a remake of Jill Scott's "HE LOVES ME" with her daughter, Kiara...PHENOMENAL is all I can say!!! Y'all have to get this cd!

Oh, Ricky Dillard recorded his 6th Album last Saturday. His CD is suppose to drop right at Christmas time or in January. Be on the look out!

thanks...i gotta go and get this...her remake with mary mary is the bomb!! i heard it on the radio this morning!
Old 11-10-2003, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: KAREN CLARK-SHEARD'S NEW CD DROPPED TUESDAY, NOV. 4!

Quote:
thanks...i gotta go and get this...her remake with mary mary is the bomb!! i heard it on the radio this morning!
I KNOW! That's my favorite song on the album!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
CDS i'm loving right now:

5. israel and new breed- "live" (the song trading my sorrows keeps me krunk)
6. bishop ronald brown-"old time church"

Israel is a baaaaaaad man! He's a former member of Fred Hammond and RFC. His project "New Season" is having a very hard time coming out of my car! That's the original project that "Trading my Sorrows" is on.

If you like Israel, check out Martha Munizzi. He produced her latest project. I had never heard of her until I saw her concert on BET. But I knew her music...She wrote "Say The Name"-a very popular Praise and Worship song. She is highly anointed!

Hey...whatchoo know about Bishop Ronald Brown? Man...now that's CHUCH! (yes...I said CHUCH! lol)..."There's a Storm Out Over The Ocean" is my song!

Another song that has truly blessed me. recently.."Let It Rain" by Bishop Paul Morton....
Old 11-12-2003, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to btb87 Send a message via Yahoo to btb87
Quote:
Originally posted by Mz Destiny
Hey...whatchoo know about Bishop Ronald Brown? Man...now that's CHUCH! (yes...I said CHUCH! lol)..."There's a Storm Out Over The Ocean" is my song!
No wonder I cain't find my CD! Y'all got it! Just burn yourselves a copy and send it back to me, please!

Saw a video of him one Sunday after I decided to attend Bedside Baptist, and 'bout got my shout on right there in the living room!
He's a baaaaad man!
Old 11-12-2003, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by btb87
No wonder I cain't find my CD! Y'all got it! Just burn yourselves a copy and send it back to me, please!

Saw a video of him one Sunday after I decided to attend Bedside Baptist, and 'bout got my shout on right there in the living room!
He's a baaaaad man!
Hee Hee Hee...I think I made myself a homeade complilation of his stuff. I have to find it. PM me and I'll see what I can do for ya!

His videos are all over the place on the net!