GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,821
1 members and 1,820 guests
Cookiez17

Old 03-25-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga View Post
She has 4 she really likes in case she does not get in to her first choice.
And there might be 200 other girls that her "first choice" and the "4 she really likes" like better than her and will bid before her.

Narrowing her choices before rush even begins is a sure recipe for disappointment. If you want to be a good mom, tell her to go into recruitment with a completely open mind.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga View Post
Thank you and I will; I don't think either she fully realizes how competitive this is going to be. She spent the night last year at her first choices house and had a blast; one of the vps has been her mentor since the first day of high school.
Just a caution... one of my high school best friends went into recruitment at UGA with a "favorite" house where she had spent several weekends while in high school. She was beyond devastated when that house cut her after round two of recruitment because she thought it was a perfect fit. She dropped out of recruitment and never joined a sorority. She was still pained by the experience years later when that very same house she had visited and loved and been cut by pledged her younger sister, who had never met any members of the house prior to recruitment.

Make sure your daughter knows that AOII is amazing, but so are the other 16! No matter which one she joins, she will have a blast... as long as she gives them all a chance.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

it is honorable for your daughter to feel she should attend the transfer of power of her h.s. socority, but it would behoove your daughter to attend the atlanta alum panhellenic event instead-not only will she meet alums. representing all the sororoties at uga, but she will hear how recruitment at uga is run and what she can expect.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 03-25-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

bump!