GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 1,369
0 members and 1,369 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2016, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Dilemma - to be in friend's wedding, or not

I've been asked to be in a friend's wedding this fall. He recently got engaged over the holidays.

The problem is I don't like his fiance. I share this sentiment with mutual friends, some who've distanced themselves from him because of her. In the early part of their relationship, she was very controlling and divisive; she never wanted him to spend time with his friends - a few years ago, she sent me a DM via Facebook and thanked me for inviting my friend on a camping trip, but said "he regretfully cannot make it". He later told me that he really wanted to go, but she put her foot down.

I'm happy for him, really. But I don't want to be in this wedding, and neither do I want to attend, partially because a few mutual friends have been left off the guest list, and also because only within the past year has she attempted to befriend me.

This has never happened to me before. How do I convey this to my friend without hurting his feelings? Could this possibly damage our friendship? Or, should I suck it up and stand at his wedding anyway?