GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,396
3 members and 2,393 guests
MSKKG, Xidelt

Old 08-19-2003, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
ok well since i didnt attend Theme nite I will be unable to get a snap bid but its ok b/c Im just going to focus on my classes for the next year gosh I wish there was rush in the fall and Spring so I wouldnt have to wait an entire year oh well though Im sure Ill have well over 1,000 posts by the time im able to rush again GRRR but its ok I know that it all happened for good reason I guess Im just supposed to concentrate on my studies for now and do the sorority thing later but hey at least my mom is alot more into the idea so thats a good thing I wish everyone else the best of luck durring recruitment! Muah!

Nichole
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-19-2003, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

i am sorry to hear about what happened. but i am glad that you are looking on the positive. best wishes for you!
Old 08-19-2003, 06:48 PM

I'm so sorry.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Nichole - remember, that when it comes down to it, only you can do what is right for you! If that means working on grades for another year - then go for it!! I know that any sorority would be proud to have you as a sister -- and you are going to shine like the stars at night to them

Don't believe what you may be hearing about COB'ing -- yes, often times bigger chapters are at total and cannot pick up, but things DO happen - even to the "biggest and best" on campus. One year at my school the greek advisor found out that almost HALF of the chapter roster were taking under 12 hours (which disqualified them from being on the roster) -- well they had two choices - remove those people or lose their charter. Of course they removed the people (from the roster I mean - they all got alumna status and most were seniors that were put in as "ringers" for recruitment anyway) and went from being #1 for numbers to being the smallest! Talk about some serious COB'ing going on!!

So keep your chin up -- GO OUT AND MEET PEOPLE FROM ALL SORORITIES!!! The more people you know, the better shot you've got at an informal event invite. And don't discount the groups that were "so-so" in your mind -- they may end up being your sisters (there are a lot of GC'ers on here that can relate to that!!)

Remember to always conduct yourself appropriately though - don't be "that girl" when it comes time for recruitment next year! Not that you'd ever be in that category !

I am pulling for you and know that you will make a lot of people very happy before its all said and done!!

Much love and prayers heading your way
Old 08-20-2003, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

*echoing the above statement*

Nichole, we have been chatting with you since the Spring, and I think a lot of us feel like you're the sister we all WISH we'd bid! Whether it's your junior status, or grades, or whatever, I still feel that you may have been cut with deep regrets. Keep your chin up, show everyone the class & dignity that you've shown us, and wow them!

I'm still upset that there aren't "free juniors"! If you've made good friends in some of the sororities, keep them! Maybe you'll be able to COB - not Bid Day, but the next! If not, well, see if there are "free seniors". And if THAT doesn't work, there is Alumnae Initiation. Please check out that part of GreekChat.

I am sincere when I say that it would be a big blow to the Greek system if you're not part of it. You have too much to offer! Everytime I think of the times you've been so rational and caring to other pnms, I could just burst out in tears. You have shown more Panhellenic sisterhood than more than a few other posters I've seen over the years!

I'm here - we're here! - because we genuinely care, and want the best for you. Please let me/us know what we can do to help you - sincerely.

Your friend,
Honey

Last edited by honeychile; 08-20-2003 at 12:50 AM.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
*echoing the above statement*

Crystal, we have been chatting with you since the Spring, and I think a lot of us feel like you're the sister we all WISH we'd bid!

*secretly taps honey on the shoulder and whispers* dont you mean nichole?
Old 08-20-2003, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by smiley21
*secretly taps honey on the shoulder and whispers* dont you mean nichole?
Thank you - Yes! I have mentioned that I'm a geriatric counselor, and work with a lot of Alzheimer's clients, haven't I?
Old 08-20-2003, 01:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Thank you so much for all of your encouraging words Im so glad that I have everyone here to help me through this. I was quite upset at first of course but I know that everything will work out in the long run. I decided to take things slower too and Im only taking 8 hrs this semester instead of my regular 14 so I can concentrate on work and family and of course I should be back to my 12-15 in the spring that way I WONT be a jr yet when it comes time for recruitment again in the fall. I'll just be a sophmore ofcourse very close to jr status but not quite there. hopefully that will help out too since Ive noticed that alot of jrs got cut early this year. and although I find that unfair I understand their thinking on it all. I cant wait for the year to pass I know its going to seem like forever but hopefully like most years its goingto fly by thanks again for everything everyone!! youve helped me out alot!!!

Nichole
Old 08-20-2003, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
You have a great attitude Nichole--focus on those grades and get the most out of this year. Are you a transfer student? If so, you'll probably get the opportunity to meet lots of new sorority women this schoolyear, which should help you out, too.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

SAI MAYBE!!!

Ok, so I've been talking to the president of SAI here at MTSU and It seems like it's something that I really want to do. Since I have been singing and musically inclined since i was a baby, this is so for me. Most of the girls do play instruments but there are a couple Ive talked to in my Choral class that just sing like me Im thinking about going to some rush events in the Spring since they have finished their rush for the fall semester. Of course Im still going to go through Formal Recruitment again in the Fall next year but I have fallen in love with how SAI is and what its about! Just thought that I would update a little Of Course come spring I'll be sure and let everyone know how it goes

Nichole
Old 10-04-2003, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

That's great news, Nichole!
Old 10-04-2003, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Re: SAI MAYBE!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SparkliiQTMTSU
Ok, so I've been talking to the president of SAI here at MTSU and It seems like it's something that I really want to do. Since I have been singing and musically inclined since i was a baby, this is so for me. Most of the girls do play instruments but there are a couple Ive talked to in my Choral class that just sing like me Im thinking about going to some rush events in the Spring since they have finished their rush for the fall semester. Of course Im still going to go through Formal Recruitment again in the Fall next year but I have fallen in love with how SAI is and what its about! Just thought that I would update a little Of Course come spring I'll be sure and let everyone know how it goes

Nichole
SAI is such a wonderful organization....I kinda wish I would've had the guts to check out SAI while I was in school, but as a non-music major and an individual that doesn't really like singing unless she's surrounded by a number of other people, they honestly intimidated me! My roommate from sophomore year and two of my other friends all pledged SAI, and also went on to be wonderful contributing members of Kappa Delta on my campus, so I know it is possible. Best of luck to you, Nichole....we're all rooting for you!

Jennie