GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,438
0 members and 2,438 guests
No Members online

Old 08-04-2012, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugmom View Post
Good luck to Arrowlady's daughter and Princesslove..please keep us posted on how things are going!

Re: sophomore quota..Prinicesslove, you should just go to every house with an open mind and try not to worry about the things you cannot change. There are all kinds of girls in every house, so be mindful of that and try to have fun! Like Pineapple said, sophomore quota changes from house to house and year to year, so there are no guarantees. I will say that last year many great sophomore were placed, so dont give up!
Thank you!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-06-2012, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

hello,

I follwed your advice so I start to think about my outfit. I saw some threads where girls posted the pictures of their outfit and people comment said that the outfits looks cheap, are too shorp, nor classy... My question is what shall we wear. I already see on the UT website the proposed dresscode but it is like, I want to know if we should dress up. I almost always dress up but I thought that we should wear something simple... So could you please give me any advice? Or do you want me to post the pictures of what I plan to wear?

Thank you So much
Old 08-06-2012, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesssluv8 View Post
hello,

I follwed your advice so I start to think about my outfit. I saw some threads where girls posted the pictures of their outfit and people comment said that the outfits looks cheap, are too shorp, nor classy... My question is what shall we wear. I already see on the UT website the proposed dresscode but it is like, I want to know if we should dress up. I almost always dress up but I thought that we should wear something simple... So could you please give me any advice? Or do you want me to post the pictures of what I plan to wear?

Thank you So much
Dressing up means different things to different people. Posting pictures is easier. UT's website has some great pictures to go off of. Also there are many, many threads about UT recruitment. Please search and read those as they will probably answer many of the questions you have.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot

Last edited by WCsweet<3; 08-06-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesssluv8 View Post
hello,

Thank you So much
Don't post pictures of your exact outfits, but maybe links to similiar styles. I think I saw the best advice on one of the other threads keep it classy. There are many fashion threads on here and lots of great feedback just look at the pics and you will get the idea. Also follow the recruitment guide from UT.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

The idea that there is no land available in the west campus area of UT is a myth. There are dozens of good sized parcels still available for tear downs ---- for the right price. It's the price that's prohibitive. With developers paying exorbitant prices for land to build monolithic student apartment complexes, it will be an enormous financial feat for any organization to secure an apporpriate piece of land and build a competitive house. Add to that the nature of UT's Greek system that's frequently discussed here, and you're looking at a colossal risk.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeward*bound View Post
The idea that there is no land available in the west campus area of UT is a myth. There are dozens of good sized parcels still available for tear downs ---- for the right price. It's the price that's prohibitive. With developers paying exorbitant prices for land to build monolithic student apartment complexes, it will be an enormous financial feat for any organization to secure an apporpriate piece of land and build a competitive house. Add to that the nature of UT's Greek system that's frequently discussed here, and you're looking at a colossal risk.
^^ Yep!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok....not sure where the conversation turned from outfits to building on west campus, but I am moving back to outfits.

Please follow the guidelines and if you desire, take each level up one notch. For example on t-shirt day, wear the t-shirt they gave and pair that with khaki shorts but wear a nice pair of flat sandals or sperry's (this will be the most common) but NOT tennis shoes. I know it says tennis shoes, but girls in the know don't do this. Also tuck your shirt in and wear a belt. LOOK POLISHED. Also make sure you have your nails done and toes for sandal wear and keep perfume to a minimim. 100 degrees + 1,000 PNMS w/perfume = BAD. You will find the actives do not wear perfume during recruitment. They will also give you bag the first night to put things in. You can't carry a purse, only this bag. Put in it what you think you might need, but this bag does not go into the houses, it says with your counselor so some type of deodorant, hair brush, small mirror, cosmetics of choice to polish up, etc. You will also want a pen and paper to make notes for yourself...after 14 houses of people telling you what they offer, you will lose track if you don't make notes after each visit.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinapple View Post
Ok....not sure where the conversation turned from outfits to building on west campus, but I am moving back to outfits.

Please follow the guidelines and if you desire, take each level up one notch. For example on t-shirt day, wear the t-shirt they gave and pair that with khaki shorts but wear a nice pair of flat sandals or sperry's (this will be the most common) but NOT tennis shoes. I know it says tennis shoes, but girls in the know don't do this. Also tuck your shirt in and wear a belt. LOOK POLISHED. Also make sure you have your nails done and toes for sandal wear and keep perfume to a minimim. 100 degrees + 1,000 PNMS w/perfume = BAD. You will find the actives do not wear perfume during recruitment. They will also give you bag the first night to put things in. You can't carry a purse, only this bag. Put in it what you think you might need, but this bag does not go into the houses, it says with your counselor so some type of deodorant, hair brush, small mirror, cosmetics of choice to polish up, etc. You will also want a pen and paper to make notes for yourself...after 14 houses of people telling you what they offer, you will lose track if you don't make notes after each visit.

Pineapple..this thread is what she is referring to regarding land on West Campus..somehow it turned into a UT thread...lol

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=127609
Old 08-06-2012, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Pinapple, I know you just reported numbers but do you have an update? I was really expecting higher numbers considering the increase number of references out of Houston and Dallas this year. It looks like it is going to be about the same as last year if that many.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you so much. I will post some pictures of what my outfits will look like. My style is more French because I am from there. I am afraid to be a little out if you don't help me.

Thank you again
Old 08-09-2012, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Numbers are right at 1000 as of yesterday with a week left of registration so it probably is going to be around 1100 by the time registration closes. Not what was expected.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just interested View Post
Numbers are right at 1000 as of yesterday with a week left of registration so it probably is going to be around 1100 by the time registration closes. Not what was expected.
Yeah I am kind of shocked considering the projections. There seem to be a lot of last minute registrations though.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Ladies and Ladies...start your engines...work week has begun....
Old 08-14-2012, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes it has! There are lots of excited actives working really hard for a great recruitment...it looks like they might hit the 1200 mark of registered PNM's
Old 08-14-2012, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

The vibration of stomping feet can be felt throughout West Campus