GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 2,559
0 members and 2,559 guests
No Members online

Old 05-09-2000, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedAngel Send a message via Yahoo to RedAngel
Smile Delta Stepteams

I just thought I would come up with a fun topic. What do you think makes a good stepteam and which Delta chapters (collegiate or graduate) have the best teams?
Unfortunately, since my alumnae chapter doesn't have a stepteam, I'm going to have to say Washington (D.C.) Alumnae really impressed me last July.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-09-2000, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Chicago Alumnae is the best I've seen so far.
Old 05-12-2000, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I've seen a few Alumnae Step Teams, but mostly the most precise step teams seem to be the Undergrads! It takes a lot of dedication to meet and choreograph those intricate steps--plus a lot of energy to execute them. .
Old 05-31-2000, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DirectorDST99 Send a message via Yahoo to DirectorDST99
Ok Sorors, Alumnae member here. You're right, lots of energy is needed. Too bad 90% of our chapter is 50 and up. That's why we don't have a team.

But what I would love to see is a greek show with collegiate and alumnae teams...that would be interesting. Has anyone seen that happen lately?

[This message has been edited by DirectorDST99 (edited May 31, 2000).]
Old 05-31-2000, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Alumnae member also speaking up. We are currently putting together a stepteam, and don't be fooled. Some of the older Sorors can GO!

------------------
Deltaluv #4
"Crimson and Cream,
Every Little Girl's Dream!"
Old 05-31-2000, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I have seen my share of phenomenal stepteams, so I can't really pick a "best". I was impressed by the Virginia Union team who stepped at the Coca-Cola Classic stepshow (Howard/Hampton game) back in 1994. And, being that I live in Ohio now, ! have to give props to Columbus Alumnae's stepteam (winner of the 1999 Midwest Regional Conference stepshow). We all know that the Beta Alpha chapter (FAMU) is off the heezie! And, I was in awe of the Alpha Chapter's team in Spring of '95. For the second year in a row, Epsilon Chapter (Ohio State- where I'm employed) walked away with the 1st place trophy at the Heritage Festival Stepshow.

I think ENERGY and enthusiasm are key when looking at what makes a good stepteam. I like creativity, not just in steps, but in presentation (introduction, attire, choice of music, use of themes, etc.). I like Delta teams that have members who are very classy, sophisticated, and lady-like, but who can break it down harder than the Ques when the time is right!

------------------
Pi Kappa
#3 SPR97
QUINTESSENCE
Old 06-01-2000, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I recently went to a step show at Cal State Long Beach (Stepping into the new Millenium). I have no idea of the name of the chapter (If someone else was there, maybe they can shed a little light), but they were something special. They were very artistic and original in their routine and had alot of energy. I have to give those ladies props.

[This message has been edited by SisterInChrist (edited June 01, 2000).]
Old 06-06-2000, 02:46 AM
GreekChat Member

SisterInChrist, I was at that step show. I think that step team was from Long Beach State but I'm not sure. If anyone went to Step Correct 2000 a really good alumnae step team was their. Did anyone go?
Old 06-06-2000, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

We went to Step Correct 2000 this past weekend. The alumnae team was from the San Jose area if my memory serves me correct. The team was actually pretty good. Unfortunately, they didn't place.

Delta4Life #6
Spring 2000

[This message has been edited by Delta4Life (edited June 08, 2000).]
Old 06-06-2000, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hey Curiosity! I went to step correct 2000 also. The San Jose Alumni were O.K. but due to some unforeseen circumstances, they didn't place. The outfits were very cute. Other notables were the AKA's (1st.) SGRhos(2nd) and ZPhiB (3rd). There was a very close bid for first in the frat competition (Sigmas and Kappas) but the Sigmas took the crown. Um.. oh the high school frat that opened the show brought the house down. The best of them all if you ask me. Peace Out.
Old 06-06-2000, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hey Curiosity! I went to step correct 2000 also. The San Jose Alumni were O.K. but due to some unforeseen circumstances, they didn't place. The outfits were very cute. Other notables were the AKA's (1st.) SGRhos(2nd) and ZPhiB (3rd). There was a very close bid for first in the frat competition (Sigmas and Kappas) but the Sigmas took the crown. Um.. oh the high school frat that opened the show brought the house down. The best of them all if you ask me. Peace Out.
Old 06-07-2000, 03:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh yes the high school frat was off the hook. I though KAPSI would win first but my best friend guessed right with Sigma. But I thought everyone put on a very good show. The first and second place winners will go on to new york to go up against winners from other regions. Check it out if you can!!! I'm sure it will be tight. Check out the website to see when the event will be held. www.stepcorrect.com
Old 06-08-2000, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I was also at StepCorrect with my sands, Delta4Life. I must admit that the Sigmas were outstanding. They showed that they actually did a lot of research into the history of stepping with the African tribal dance. Kudos to the Sigmas! And even though my Sorors didn't place, I give it up to them, because there aren't many Alumnae teams anyway and I've never heard of any competing.

[This message has been edited by Deltaluv (edited June 08, 2000).]
Old 06-15-2000, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Salience Send a message via Yahoo to Salience
Cool

As I was leaving campus tonight, I saw your sorors (undergrad) practicing in the parking lot for an upcoming show, and they were working HARD!! There will be some soul-stepping in Chi-town this summer- wish I could see it.

------------------
@~~^~~~~
Subtlety is the key ;o)

[This message has been edited by Salience (edited June 15, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Salience (edited June 19, 2000).]