GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,696
0 members and 1,696 guests
No Members online

Old 05-24-2000, 03:13 AM
GreekChat Member

http://us.yimg.com/p/ap/20000523/cap...lakers_adm.jpg

This picture you can see her a little better, oh and that rock on her finger too.

[This message has been edited by daruler (edited May 24, 2000).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-24-2000, 03:17 AM
GreekChat Member

And oh yeah,
Does anyone else realize that when she gets married her name will be Vanessa LAINE-BRYANT!!! laine bryant, now that is funny.
Old 05-24-2000, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

This is my first time here, but I had to comment....This is interesting!! I wish them the best, but I hope they are both mature enough to handle the groupies, press, long separations, etc. But, as that writer said, they won't have the money problems that me and my hubby had when we first got married (shoot, that we STILL have!) How is she going to deal with being a married woman who's husband is practically married to his job for 6 or 7 months out of the year when all of her peers are concentrating on their first jobs, college, etc.? Just one other comment....I'm not hatin' (really I'm not), and I realize that it's been quite a while since I have seen 18 and I'm not as 'up' on the latest fashion trends as I used to be, but are folks still wearing black lip liner over nude/colorless lipstick? Am I the only one that thinks that looks a little tacky? Or have I been in corporate America too long and so I'm too conservative?

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited May 24, 2000).]
Old 05-24-2000, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe this makes me sound terrible, but I love to see my black brothas with a black woman, and I admit that it disappoints me when they aren't. I am by no means a racist, but I just like to see black families-- black mommies and black daddies with black sons and black daughters. If he loves her for HER and not because she isn't black, then mo' power. But, if he's one of those Dennis Rodman, Billy Blanks, Wesley Snipes, Karl Malone, Cuba Gooding types-- who don't like black women because someone dissed them back in high school-- then I can't help but be a bit ticked. If it's really and truly non-superficial, unconditional love, then God Bless Them.

And, I agree with Eclipse that they are both really young! I'm 24 and marriage is as far from my mind as Pluto is from the Sun! I hope she has some goals in life. Personally, my mom would never let me marry at 18, even if it were to someone as rich as Kobe. I'd rather make my own 40K a year doing my own thang, than to spend some else's money doing nothing-- but that's just me (a self-sufficient, independant, strong black sista). Okay, there I go letting my own pre-conceived notions surface. Sorry if I'm offending anyone-- just rolling off my feelings!

Why should I care anyway? KEVIN GARNETT is still single!

Love you all!

------------------
Pi Kappa
#3 SPR97
QUINTESSENCE
Old 05-24-2000, 04:52 PM
kissy324

Eclipse, I feel you on the Kobe situation. I know when I was in high school, I wasn't thinking about marriage. I wasn't settled at all. But I guess some people are ready at an early age...maybe

By the way, she looks white to me. Not that anything is wrong with that. If that's how he wants to roll then, more power to him.

[This message has been edited by kissy324 (edited May 24, 2000).]
Old 05-24-2000, 04:55 PM
kissy324

Smile

the411,

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2000, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

I am 22 years old and I will have been married for a year on June 5. I just wanted to say that marriage is not an easy thing. It takes hard work and commitment. I hope Kobe and Vanessa is ready for that. I hope she will be able to handle the pressures of his career and all together his life. I hope they receive counseling and she needs to talk to some of the commited NBA wives to get a good perspective of things.
Old 05-24-2000, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

she needs to watch love & basketball!!!
Old 05-24-2000, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I couldn't have said it any better myself 411...THANK YOU...!!!!
Old 05-25-2000, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I agree 411 I like to see Black families too! I think though maybe he loves her cause he is a cutie and I could not imagine him getting dissed to much in high school. I wish them well ( typing this as i wipe my tears away)
Old 05-25-2000, 09:38 AM

Red face

I think that love is a great thing but, it also takes time. Both of them need to grow, I'm sure. Kobe is just learning how to clean up after himself. I used to date a COLLEGE athlete and it was hard to handle all of his groupies. Now lets think about the NBA groupies that Kobe has. Kobe's got a WHOLE lot more!!!!
Old 05-25-2000, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I think that they are rushing into marriage. Maybe they should wait a year or two, until she has had a chance to experience the real world outside of high school. Does she even plan on going to college? This is a big step for both of them, b/c neither one of them have experienced college life, and what it has to offer. I hope that they do well...
ambitious

------------------
"No one is your friend who demands your silence or denies your right to grow." -Alice Walker
Old 05-25-2000, 01:42 PM
c&c1913

For you Kobe lovers, here's a link to see the pic of the "lucky" girl and check out that big 'ol ice cube on her finger! http://us.yimg.com/p/ap/20000523/cap...lakers_adm.jpg

------------------
Every Woman's Dream is to Wear that Infamous Crimson and Cream.