GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,443
0 members and 2,443 guests
No Members online

Old 09-13-2007, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
Individuals who wear baggy pants at public college...

The article:

http://www.utcecho.com/home/

The editorial: ( The professor in question allegely touched a student )

http://media.www.utcecho.com/media/s...mlemailedition
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-13-2007, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Although I said in another thread about dress codes at Paul Quinn that professors should have the right to impose a dress code in their own classroom if it is relevant to the discipline (business attire for business courses), and though I do think saggy pants are icky..... I agree wholeheartedly with the editorial.

I wish a heffa would follow me around with a camera telling me how to dress. When she buys my clothes is when she can give me an unsolicited opinion.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:00 AM

I'm not sure what the styles are like down there, but I see young (and not so young) men of ALL colors who need to pull their pants up. If it's only black men who are being reprimanded on this when other people are doing the same thing that's inexcusable.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I'm not sure what the styles are like down there, but I see young (and not so young) men of ALL colors who need to pull their pants up. If it's only black men who are being reprimanded on this when other people are doing the same thing that's inexcusable.
I always thought that part of wearing pants was to cover up your undergarments.....
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 09-13-2007, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
I always thought that part of wearing pants was to cover up your undergarments.....
It used to be. Blame hip hop and Britney Spears. Or maybe Sisqo.
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 09-13-2007, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyivy84 View Post
It used to be. Blame hip hop and Britney Spears. Or maybe Sisqo.
I blame the parents for not telling the kids that each thing u mentioned aren't real and just stuff you see on TV.. **wink**
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 09-13-2007, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I blame the parents for not telling the kids that each thing u mentioned aren't real and just stuff you see on TV.. **wink**
Good point.

When I was a teen my mother would have snatched my little behind back into the house and kept me there until I changed.

Not that she would have had to, because I had sense.
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 09-13-2007, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Good point.

When I was a teen my mother would have snatched my little behind back into the house and kept me there until I changed.

Not that she would have had to, because I had sense.
ditto!

another style that boggles me I see some teens do in baltimore is 1/2 on and 1/2 off shirt with the wifebeaters....they look like they started putting thier shirt on...got one arm in and then said...."forget it"
Old 09-13-2007, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
ditto!

another style that boggles me I see some teens do in baltimore is 1/2 on and 1/2 off shirt with the wifebeaters....they look like they started putting thier shirt on...got one arm in and then said...."forget it"

Half a shirt? Wow. I WISH I saw that stuff up here- oh the laughing, pointing and clowning! It would be amaaaazing.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Half a shirt? Wow. I WISH I saw that stuff up here- oh the laughing, pointing and clowning! It would be amaaaazing.
my nephew pulled that crap after visiting his cousin...I was taking him somewhere and the jersey he had on was like that...
I tell him either take it on or take it off...

He tells me that's how they wear it....not with me you wont!

I have no probs with self expression but not at the expense of you looking like an unkempt slob!
Old 09-13-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
ditto!

What?? Do you mean like a button-up shirt?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
What?? Do you mean like a button-up shirt?
Any shirt that u can pull over like sweatshirts ..but mostly jerseys....

now with the button downs...these bammas will put on a nice shirt and then leave it unbuttoned to show off the wifebeater and tee shirt they have on underneath.....in the summer time.....
Old 09-13-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Any shirt that u can pull over like sweatshirts ..but mostly jerseys....
OK I can't even imagine how this works, or how it could be comfortable.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:56 PM
GC Member

Send a message via AIM to OneTimeSBX Send a message via Yahoo to OneTimeSBX
Quote:
ditto!

daemon, is that just a VA thing? lol drives me crazy too...just as much as the holographic sticker on the baseball cap... what the hell??
Old 09-13-2007, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

***hiding my Ravens hat...*