GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,230
0 members and 1,230 guests
No Members online

Old 03-03-2003, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mmcline
Leaving

I just wanted all of you to know. I have depinned from my sorority. I am not going to say sepcifics, but i felt like it was the best thing for me to do.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-04-2003, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

you always seemed so dedicated and good for your group. i will miss having you as a part of the greek system here at OU, but i understand that sometimes you have to do what's best for you. good luck and know that you have my utmost respect.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

I undestand-- I deactivated my sorority 2 weeks ago. But my friends from my sorority are still my friends now. I know how you feel. Pm if you want.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Zephyr
That's so sad!

But sometimes the best thing to do is walk away...
Old 03-04-2003, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to NoShame_Gamma
Talking Off the topic...

KDat UTC,

I LOVE your quote in your signature! I am a big fan of the movie and had no idea other people new about it Every time I brought it up, nobody knew what I was talking about.

Cool!
Old 03-04-2003, 05:37 PM

Things happen for a reason. If this is what you feel you have to do then I'm sure it's for the best. Good luck to you.

QUESTIONS

What does deactiviating mean exactly? You are still a member of your sorority, right? Once you are initiated you are a lifetime member, right? So does deactivating me that you just don't participate in meetings, functions, etc.? And are you able to "reactivate" your membership at a later date, if you so desire? Meaning, after you graduate, can you become an active member of your local Alumnae group?
Old 03-04-2003, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shopgirl
QUESTIONS

What does deactiviating mean exactly? You are still a member of your sorority, right? Once you are initiated you are a lifetime member, right? So does deactivating me that you just don't participate in meetings, functions, etc.? And are you able to "reactivate" your membership at a later date, if you so desire? Meaning, after you graduate, can you become an active member of your local Alumnae group?
"Deactivating" also known as "disaffiliating" or "terminating" or "turning in your pin" means you are no longer a member. You cannot participate in any more sorority functions, as a collegian or an alumna. Now if you go "inactive" or "alum status" while you are still in school you can be active later as an alumna after you graduate. (This doesn't apply to all groups though...some don't offer an inactive status for collegians)

mmcline, I hope everything works out OK for you...we are all here for you if you need us.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
"Deactivating" also known as "disaffiliating" or "terminating" or "turning in your pin" means you are no longer a member. You cannot participate in any more sorority functions, as a collegian or an alumna. Now if you go "inactive" or "alum status" while you are still in school you can be active later as an alumna after you graduate. (This doesn't apply to all groups though...some don't offer an inactive status for collegians)

mmcline, I hope everything works out OK for you...we are all here for you if you need us.

Wow, that's more serious then I assumed. Thank you for the information, 33girl.