GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,492
1 members and 2,491 guests
Tridentia

Old 11-20-2003, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
Where to find out if a chapter existed in the past?

Ok, I was thinking how cool it would be if Kappa Delta had a chapter at the University of Southern California. While thinking about it, I started to wonder how I could find out if KD ever had a chapter there. Does anyone know how I might be able to find out if one ever existed there? I didn't see anything on the KD website and I couldn't find it on the USC website either. Where should I look?! Thanks!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-20-2003, 07:50 PM

Your KD new member manual may have a list of chapters. My AEPhi new member manual has such a list, and indicates which were open vs. closed at the time.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:35 PM

As stated in the other thread Baird's is the best place to find this out. You should be able to find one in the research section of the university library.

I think that every GLO should list all of their chapters - open and closed - in their member manual on their website. Leaving them out just looks like you are trying to cover something up and failing miserably. I mean duh, if the chapter list jumps from Alpha to Pi anyone with a brain will know something's up. If your closed chapter list is so long to be embarrassing, perhaps the sorority needs to think long and hard about their expansion philosophy and retention.

/soapbox

Last edited by 33girl; 11-20-2003 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
You could also PM a GCer. I know that GPhiBLtCol is a USC alum...
Old 01-08-2004, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

According to the website greekzone.com, USC did have a Kappa Delta Chapter, Theta Sigma, which was established in 1917, but has been inactive since 1964.

(I checked the website out for accuracy with my school's encyclopedia and all of its dates were correct.)