GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,039
1 members and 1,038 guests
No Members online

Old 09-28-2010, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey socalveg!

I loved their fly tri-delta theme! We're neighbors now!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-28-2010, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on Tri Delta!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

hooray for you and tri delta!!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the good wishes!

Just a little mini-update (it has only been 2 days after all!)

Yesterday was our first dinner and meeting, and I absolutely fell in love. It just...clicked. All of the girls were really open and nice, and everyone was so easy to talk to. I could really tell that all of the girls were close and cared about each other. I kind of had an epiphany, as cheesy as it sounds, that maybe I wasn't right for "Audi." The girls were insanely sweet, but they were almost too...perfect, which just isn't me. When I used the GC standard of "would you feel comfortable being at the house all night wearing sweats with no make up on?" I realized that I wouldn't be that comfortable at the other house, but I already feel really comfortable and accepted in "my" sorority. So I'm much much happier now, and I feel like I ended up where I was meant to be! Our first raid (mixer) is tomorrow, and I might go, so things are off to a good start! [:

Last edited by SoCalVeg; 09-29-2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats to you SoCalVeg! I love that you are enjoying your experience so much!
Your in a great sorority!
Old 10-01-2010, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on joining Theta Pi chapter and I'm so happy you're having a lot of fun!
Old 08-19-2011, 02:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to bump an almost year-old thread! But this story gave me a hell of a lot of hope for my rushing experience this coming fall! I too am a junior transfer who is the same age as most incoming freshmen at a Southern California university, and this REALLY makes me feel a thousand times better about my chances. I'm still going to give it my all, obviously, but until reading this story I felt as if I had a 2% chance of getting a bid to any sorority, period. So yeah, thanks for the inadvertent support and I'm so happy that you found a great sisterhood! (:
Old 08-19-2011, 03:05 AM
GreekChat Member

i love going back and reading NMs first impressions (and further impressions) of the chapters they end up joining
Old 08-24-2011, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastsunset View Post
Sorry to bump an almost year-old thread! But this story gave me a hell of a lot of hope for my rushing experience this coming fall! I too am a junior transfer who is the same age as most incoming freshmen at a Southern California university, and this REALLY makes me feel a thousand times better about my chances. I'm still going to give it my all, obviously, but until reading this story I felt as if I had a 2% chance of getting a bid to any sorority, period. So yeah, thanks for the inadvertent support and I'm so happy that you found a great sisterhood! (:
Hello! I know exactly how you feel. I was so worried that being a junior transfer would hurt me, but sometimes it actually made for an interesting conversation topic, especially when I mentioned my age! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. I've only been in my sorority a year so I'm not an expert, but if you need any advice or anything I'd be happy to help! [: