GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Pi > Pi Beta Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,428
2 members and 1,426 guests
bmilesqtivaov13, naraht

Old 04-14-2003, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Question angel event idea??

Hi Ladies,
Our chapter is trying to brainstorm ideas for things to do with our new pledge class for '03. We're looking for things to do that will be fun and hopefully free or cost very little money. Please let me know any ideas that you may have.

Pi Phi Love and all of mine!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-28-2003, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dakareng
I'm not sure if you are looking for general mixer ideas, or Bid Day activities... but if you are trying to stay inexpensive look toward campus resources first. What things are offered at the campus rec center? Otherwise, look around your community.... city parks and recreation sometimes will do group events for less than commercial venues. Places like Main Event cater to church groups-- but are also suitable for sorority functions... the only problem here might be expense.

If there will be food (and let's face it, how do you get Pi Phis to come to events?), head to Sams/Costco and look in the area with snacks/ appetizers. You can get quantity AND quality for a good price!
Old 05-28-2003, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
Ohh..sounds like you need to have an in-the-house sister event! We had one that stands out in my mind, and it's a great pledge mixer! The house is divided up into groups, and each group takes a turn doing an activity. We had cup and banner decorating. Each group also had to come up with some kind of song/skit to show to the house, and then each group took turns coming up with a story that had to do with Pi Phi. (It was one of those add a sentence to another sentence to make a story things.) You could always buy some pizza and watch a movie afterwards.

My chapter is also really big on doing game shows. Unfortunately, this isn't something everyone can participate in, but it's also fun to watch! We've done Family Feud and a few others in the past. You could have the seniors and the pledges as their own separate teams. It would be a great bonding experience for the pledges!

Just my two cents.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to arrowannie
Every Pi Phi loves a good mixer!!!- Something we did for our Jr. Panhellenic/Jr. IFC in the Spring was a MY TIE mixer. The guys for IFC each brought a tie and the Panhellenic girls each selected a tie to wear the night of the mixer. When they showed up the guys found the girl who was sporting their tie and that was their date for the evening. Its a really good way to get everyone involved and to get to know one another. You could do it with a single fraternity pledge class on your campus. If you have any questions just PM me.