GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,201
2 members and 2,199 guests
fmanning

Old 12-15-2001, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Joint Founder's Day Anyone......

Is anyone planning to attend the Joint Founder's Day Program in DC at Howard University? Maybe we can have a "GreekChat.com" social

Let me know. I plan on arriving on Friday the 18th. I'm staying at the host hotel, the Mariott. Let a Soror know...as of now...I'm rolling solo (well, my boyfriend is coming with me, but since he is ALL MAN and a Kappa he can't attend any of the events with me

Skee you all in DC!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-16-2001, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Does money grow on trees? LMAO

Soror, no.

The ONLY Joint Founder's Day I'm attending is right here in the NO. ALL 3 Grad chapters are hosting Founder's Day!

Plus,
Regional Conference is in April and Lil Rock is NOT right around the corner, then Boule is in July and Orlando isn't a hop, skip, nor a jump. And ya know, a sister has to have a social life.
Then you all know teachers DO NOT make ANY money!

Sorors, we have alot going on in 2002. I can't make it to EVERYTHING. Have fun and enjoy yourselves.
Old 12-16-2001, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up I understand....

I understand Soror....

It seems as though you some times need a part-time job just to pay for all your AKA dues, assessments, conventions and etc.

I'll see you at regionals soror....I plan to (if my money is right...you know those student loans just kicked in) to go to 'er'thing' this year (Founders' Day in DC, Regionals in Little Rock, Boule' in Orlando and etc.).

As my old advisor used to say....'AKA is a luxury, not a necessity'. If any sisterfriend(s) is reading this, you really need to think about that !
Old 12-17-2001, 03:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to avalanche08 Send a message via Yahoo to avalanche08
Some of the Sorors from Kappa Mu are considering the trip- personally, I have some airline connections, so I will probably be going (praise Him for my mom -the flight attendant). I think it will be good for the rest of my line to go since we are BABIES in AKAland. I have waited for the ability to be able to participate in all the wonders of Alpha Kappa Alpha and now that I have the opportunity, I don't want to miss anything. With that said, I will skee y'all in D.C., Little Rock, AND Orlando (Is that Neo Fever or what??? )

Soror Avalanche

Last edited by avalanche08; 12-17-2001 at 03:20 AM.
Old 12-17-2001, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking I'll be there!

I'll be in DC sorors! We are arriving on Friday, the 18th. I'm not sure where we're staying, my soror friend made the hotel reservations. There are 4 of us coming together. Sorors Happydays and Avalance08 (and the rest of the 10HFON, lol), I'm looking forward to meeting you all!!!
Old 12-17-2001, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AKA4MJ Send a message via Yahoo to AKA4MJ
Skee yeveryone there!

Of course, I will be there. Oh, the advantages in living here in the Uurea!
I look forward to seeing everyone there. I also must boast that I had the grand opportunity to met our Supreme Basileus, Soror Norma at the birthday celebration of our National Historian and MY chapter (Beta Lambda) Charter Member Soror Marjorie. It was a wonderful occasion and we were definitely representing AKA style....Sorors had on their furs, stoles and matching accessories..that I was like Oh I can wait till I grow up!

Maybe we should plan a gathering the night before at the hot new club in DC Dream..I hear it is off da hook!
Old 12-17-2001, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

It's Called AKA fever Soror

Soror...its not just a neo thing....you will learn that once you get a little older in "pinkngreen" years! It's just a AKA thang...wanting to go to er'thang!

OK...I nominate Soror Ideal to put something together for the greekchat sorors heading to DC! Can I get a second? Any discussion?? (smile)

Anyway, a club sounds nice....but I'm getting a little toooo old for that kind of action. Dinner or lunch would be nice. Especially since there are sooo many gaps in time on Saturday!

Let me know...

BTW, I'm staying at the Mariott (the host hotel). Also, sorors, if you don't know, you need to fill out that little form and send it to Nat'l. Also, if you stay at a hotel, Nat'l is requesting that you stay at the Mariott.....the sorority has a contract with them. The rate is $119 per night. You have to make reservations there by the 25th of December to get that rate. This hotel is off of Pennsylvania Avenue (1331).

OK...all my DC sorors...is this close to Howard? Do I need a car or can I just take the train? I've only been to DC a couple of times.
Old 12-17-2001, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AKA4MJ Send a message via Yahoo to AKA4MJ
Soror...it is about a 10 minte ride (depending on whose driving..) But if you are taking a cab..they will take you the scenic route.
Soror Happydaysf91,i'll give you a second........Discussion........LOL.
Old 12-17-2001, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up I accept...

the nomination. Sorors who are attending, please email me so that we can co-ordinate (lol) and get some stuff together. There doesn't seem to be many of us GCers going. Just so you know, a sista is working on a STRICT budget, lol, so I can't be doin' no whole lotta stuh. LOL Dinner sounds nice to me. So does the mall if I don't find something to wear, lol. But we can discuss in the upcoming emails.

FYI, after you send in your registration to Nationals (due by 12/31), you will get a confirmation in the mail.
Old 12-17-2001, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Thumbs up Enjoy your joint Founders Day

Sorors,

Your Joint Founder's Day plans sound great and I hope you have a wonderful time. I'm attending a SoCal Founder's Day celebration Jan. 19 in Torrance, which is about 40 miles from my weekday home.

And 2002 is going to be busy. We're hosting the FWRC, and there's Boule. I have a mind to start doing some freelance writing so I can afford all of this with no sweat.
Old 12-17-2001, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Full hotel name...

Sorors, what is the FULL host hotel name? We are staying at the JW Marriott. The soror that made the reservations that I'm going with said that it is right in the thick of things... she used to live in DC (or the area).
Old 01-13-2002, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Back to the Top...

I'll be in DC on Friday morning....will anyone else be in attendance?
Old 01-13-2002, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought it was a neo thang too!!

I am so excited to find out that some GCers will be in DC as well!! I'm arriving in DC this Wednesday, 1/16. My boyfriend is from DC, so he's going with me, and we're staying at his parent's home.

My Ivy Leaf was sent last week to my home in Chicago, so I'm not sure what to expect till my mom mails it to me this week. I called HQ, and they said something about a registration, so I don't think I can participate in any events, but at least I will be aable to finally see Howard, and take pictures of where our beloved sorority was founded...

Soror Ideal08, I'll email you to get more info on a GC get together.
Old 01-14-2002, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Soror Steeltrap and I are all the way out here on the West Coast. I would live to be able to attend the Founders Day program at my alma-mater - Howard U. However, this neo is saving her $$ for Regionals in May and Boule in July.

Here in Northern Cali, we are have a Joint Founders Day program on Feb. 23rd in San Fran.

Any Northern Cali Sorors planning to attend? Soror PinkNGreen?

To all of the Sorors attending the program at HU - I hope that you all have a wonderful time. Ooohhh all that pink and green on the Yard is going to be a beautiful site.
Old 01-14-2002, 09:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

Sorors, I'll no longer be in attendance. I'm sorry I'll miss you guys!

MAKE SURE you take pics of the stained glass Founders' Window in Rankin Chapel!!! I have been trying to get pics of that for the longest, and EVERY TIME I go to DC, the chapel is locked. So please, sorors, get me a picture!!! Thanks!