GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,169
2 members and 2,167 guests
John, veleyttsy698

Old 03-03-2008, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU OX Alum View Post
what does "out and back" mean?

what is a hyper/gigacoaster? these things sound scary
the scarier the better...

if anyone ever gets a chance....try the Kingda Ka at 6 Flags in Jersey...you won't regret it.....and take fresh underwear...

You know your coaster is too high when the FAA has STROBE LIGHTS placed on it so PLANES won't hit it!
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”

Last edited by DaemonSeid; 03-03-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-03-2008, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to minDyG
I've never been to Disney! (Or Orlando for that matter...) I want to go but I don't want to wait until my daughter is old enough to come along. Anybody feel like babysitting?
Old 03-03-2008, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minDyG View Post
I've never been to Disney! (Or Orlando for that matter...) I want to go but I don't want to wait until my daughter is old enough to come along. Anybody feel like babysitting?
How old is your daughter?

I will say it like this...if you like riding the rides...at least go once by yourselves...it's not fun if you have small teeny tiny kids...

The 1 year old kid that wailed in his stroller for about 30 mins while I waited to get on the Jurrasic Park ride was a testament to that...
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 03-03-2008, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

She's sixteen months. She went with us to Six Flags in San Francisco (well...near SF) when she was seven months and she was alright riding around in the stroller all day, but there were three of us there anyway so we were already kind of playing odd-man-out to watch the baby. Now that she's a bit older, though, I doubt she would want to be pushed around all day without getting down to run and play. I wouldn't take her at this age.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
the scarier the better...

if anyone ever gets a chance....try the Kingda Ka at 6 Flags in Jersey...you won't regret it.....and take fresh underwear...

You know your coaster is too high when the FAA has STROBE LIGHTS placed on it so PLANES won't hit it!
Oh yeah, Kinda Ka is awesome. I went with my friends this past summer, and I was the only one who kept my eyes open during the ride. Kinda Ka and Superman were my favorites.

ETA: I totally want to go to Disney again. I've only been once (when I was about 12 maybe).

PSimissU

Last edited by SOPi_Jawbreaker; 03-03-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Quote:
That's actually why Expedition Everest at Disney's Animal Kingdom is 199 feet tall. Any taller, and there would have to be a big blinking light on top of the mountain.

What's really hilarious is that Everest is actually the tallest "mountain" in the state!

Did you ride it while you were there? What theme parks did you hit? Just curious.

I just went to Aquatica, the new waterpark Sea World just built. I have to say, for any one planning a visit to the area, it really is excellent and worth the trip. I think it's probably the best waterpark in the area for families with little kids.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:30 PM

All of our kids are coaster freaks and LOVE Cedar Point. Too bad none of us live anywhere close anymore.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
DSTChaos - over in the honeymoon thread we went off on a Disney tangent you might find interesting.
On my way to that thread. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
if you are going during the summer, please get express passes...necause u know it's going to get crowded.

which parks are you thinking about doing?

also...what about your lodgings?

We did a timeshare which really was in the middle of everything and it was great!!!
Hot and crowded are a terrible combo. He's the Disney and Universal Studios expert because he's been there a few times and has a family member who works there. So he'll be doing the planning from A-Z.

I love timeshares so that's the way to go.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I think you should organize a Cedar Point day for us I haven't been there in years (the Mean Streak was new the last time I went!)
I would be happy to. My problem, though, as I grow older, I can't ride more than one coaster per hour. I get the "spins"
Old 03-03-2008, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
I would be happy to. My problem, though, as I grow older, I can't ride more than one coaster per hour. I get the "spins"
dramamine works wonders...
Old 03-03-2008, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
dramamine works wonders...
"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
Old 03-03-2008, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
Nice pics!! Looks like a fun trip.

We've gone to Disney a few times in the summer. I guess my fam. is use to the heat since they live outside of Orlando now. If you know what to expect and stay cool you'll be ok. If you plan things out and hit the inside rides during the hottest part of the day that helps too.

minDyG - I think my mom use to wait till we were 3yrs old before she felt we were old enough to appreciate a trip to Disney.

My favorite disney related board DIS
Old 03-03-2008, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
From what I recall, you wait about an hour in each line anyway! Is the Witches Wheel still there? It was actually my favorite ride ever.

As for coasters, I like the smooth ones. The Blue Streak is so jerky and I think the last time I was on the Cork Screw, I kept hitting my ears against the safety bar and I was sore afterward.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Bumping this thread cause I finally went to Disney World!

Us in front of Cinderella's Castle:

My Dream Girl with Mickey and Minnie: