GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,522
1 members and 1,521 guests
Sarak24034

Old 11-29-2005, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Talk about some gifts that PISSED me off!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Imperial11
She buys a bunch of cheap @$$ stuff all the time, but swears up and down that she is independently WEALTHY.
Imperial11,
Maybe that's how she stays independently wealthy.
SC
Old 11-29-2005, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by _Q_
Has anyone ever gotten a gift so bad that it was funny? Our family had this really tacky coaster set that kept getting "recycled" - the joke was to find a creative way of packaging it, and give it to another unsuspecting person next year.
LOL. A few years ago, we got a "Shabbat teapot" - a box-shaped ceramic teapot decorated like you would decorate a table for Friday night's Sabbath dinner - little candles, a loaf of challah, etc. We can't unload this thing - we want to regift it, but we can't find someone who's (a) Jewish and (b) not someone we want to keep as a friend.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

We pulled names once at work. I got my person a huge cracked glass bowl/ candle holder. My person got me a durn black & white desk calendar with these corny "funny" quotes.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Last Christmas, my father's coworkers gave him a sweater that was too small. It was in a HECHTS gift box, so we assumed it came from Hechts. I must admit, it also looked cheap...not like it came from that particular department store. He went to exchange it, and customer service told him they carry nothing like that sweater....they didn't even carry the brand.

A few weeks later, I saw the exact same sweater---brand and all---in Wal-Mart.

People, if you know the gift came from someplace cheap or if you don't want the recieving person to know where the gift came from, use a plain giftbox.....available at most Dollar Tree Stores. Trying to fool someone into thinking you paid more for the gift than you actually did is not the bizness.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NOWorNEVER
Last Christmas, my father's coworkers gave him a sweater that was too small. It was in a HECHTS gift box, so we assumed it came from Hechts. I must admit, it also looked cheap...not like it came from that particular department store. He went to exchange it, and customer service told him they carry nothing like that sweater....they didn't even carry the brand.

A few weeks later, I saw the exact same sweater---brand and all---in Wal-Mart.

People, if you know the gift came from someplace cheap or if you don't want the recieving person to know where the gift came from, use a plain giftbox.....available at most Dollar Tree Stores. Trying to fool someone into thinking you paid more for the gift than you actually did is not the bizness.
i have an aunt who gives jewelry in this tattered tiffany's box she found in her office trash years ago, and still has the nerve to ask for the box back after the person opens the gift!

triflin!
Old 12-24-2005, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

My mom gave me an early present last night....a lime green sweater set with waaaaaay too many ruffles. I tried my best, but she still slipped me my gift receipt just after looking at my face.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 12-24-2005, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Last year, my mother's church friend gave her a "BRASS/MULTICOLORED FISH HEAD DECORATION" to hang up on the living room wall. We thought to ourselves "why, why oh why" would she even conceive this would be tasteful. It was hidious. My mom and I laughed so hard to the point of tears...

That's why I stick to purchsing "GIFT CARDS", it's fast and convenient - you really can't go wrong! The person is left with an option of buying something they want and will appreciate!
Old 12-25-2005, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

For years my cousins were giving me what I thought
were great presents. They were giving me board games
Monopoly, Sorry games like that.
Then it darned on me
I'm a only child, why would I want board games that was meant
to be played with four people.
Then the truth came out.
They were buying me the games in hope that I would leave
them over their house so they could play with them
Old 12-27-2005, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

We had a Secret Snowman thingy at work a couple of years ago. To make things mo' betta - someone suggested that we put a list of the things that they want so no one would end up with a can of peas. No lie - someone actually gave a person a can of peas one year. Anyways, I put items on my list like Black Santas, candles, bubble bath. No my person didn't give me a big green sweater. I told my coworker, now if I would have asked for a big green sweater, I would have never received it. I ended up giving it to my mother.
Another time, I placed on my list a Black Santa -why did I get a White Santa??? Dang it!!!!

"If you have made mistakes, even serious mistakes, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not in the falling down - BUT the staying down." - Mary Pickford
Old 12-28-2005, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Ya know...

One year I received pear tree ornament during a gift exchange.

Still don't get it
Old 12-28-2005, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by _Q_
Has anyone ever gotten a gift so bad that it was funny? Our family had this really tacky coaster set that kept getting "recycled" - the joke was to find a creative way of packaging it, and give it to another unsuspecting person next year.
My former roomie and I still do this!! She got mad at her bf while we were in school, picked up this silly little trophy that they had and bopped him on the head with it! She then brought it back, saying that she was hiding the evidence in case he sued. (He didn't.)

Anyhow, the trophy had a little slide out plaque for inscription which we immediately removed, and starting giving it to each other for stupid things ("Most Wanted by the Police", "Most Wanted by [unnamed geeky fraternity]", "Most Wanted by [unnamed seriously masculine woman in our dorm]", "Most Likely to Sleep Through an Earthquake", "Most Likely to Become a Not-So-Closet Nudist", etc). I love that thing!!
Old 12-29-2005, 02:24 AM
GreekChat Member

This year my secret santa at work gave me an autographed picture of Ice Cube......lol...
Old 12-29-2005, 02:47 AM
GreekChat Member

My cousin is the queen of bad gifts in the family. I am the pickiest person in the world when it comes to bath and shower stuff (Buttonz can attest to that) and I usually only use Victoria's Secret or Bath and Body Works stuff. This year I got her a gift set from Victoria's Secret because she told me that she liked their stuff. It was Very Sexy 2 and had the perfume, lotion, etc. on a tray. Well we exchanged gifts because her birthday is two weeks after mine, and she also decided to go the smelly stuff route for me. Except mine still had the Walgreen's sticker on it. A few days later I found the same exact set that she got me in Duane Reade for $5.99. Another year I got her a beautiful silver necklace from Fortunoff. The following year, we were hanging out in her room and I saw the necklace and said "I love that necklace it's so pretty" and she went "you can have it if you want it, I have no clue who gave it to me but I hate it." My mom still thinks that I should have taken it, especially since that year, I got a candle from Walgreens as my gift.

Another relative one year thought it would be a great idea to give EVERYONE in our family just one candle from the 99 cent store (didn't even cost a whole dollar) for our Hannukah/ New Year gifts. Well they were the tacky colored gel candles that had the fake roses and whatnot at the bottom of the candle. As soon as she left, everyone in the family decided to give their candles to me. Why in G-d's name did they think I wanted them?

One year in HS, one of my friends told me that she really wanted GAP perfume so I got her a bottle along with some lotion, shower gel, and made a nice gift set for her. She got me a set of these bath fizzy things that looked cheap, smelled horrible, and were just generally falling apart. Two weeks later, I saw the same exact set in Walgreens for 99 cents. (What is it with my gifts coming from that store?) Had I been smart, I would have just exchanged the bath fizzies and gotten myself a large bag of M&M's or something.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mulattogyrl Send a message via Yahoo to mulattogyrl
Quote:
Originally posted by HeartbrAKA
This year my secret santa at work gave me an autographed picture of Ice Cube......lol...
What?! Oh my, just oh my.

It's a jungle out there.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Crash and bump.

Anybody gotten crappy gifts this year? I got this at our office's Dirty Santa party the other day:

(Warning: salty language)

http://funnytshirts.savatoons.com/im...-grandkids.gif