GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,333
2 members and 1,331 guests
anatexaxd6741

Old 01-01-2019, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Sigma Theta

My fiancé will make 10 years as a member this year and I wanted to make her founder’s day gift special. Any suggestions for great gifts you’ve received. Any symbols that would be appropriate that are public knowledge or would mean something to her if it was used?
Appreciate any help, hope I’m not offending anyone by asking.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

This is one of the "best" (i.e. most hilarious) gifts that has circulated through my family.

Years ago - maybe 20 now - my aunt got re-married. Her and her husband received a gift that they just couldn't stop laughing about. The people who gave it to them (we can't even remember the relation/connection now) gave it to them thinking they would truly appreciate it. The gift: two plastic, person-like standing bears, about 12 inches tall, one dressed as a bride and the other dressed as a groom. They each came in these decorated cardboard boxes. Again, we couldn't stop laughing at how absurd this gift was.

Well eventually, there was another wedding in the family and guess what was re-gifted! Now it's 20 years later, and every couple that's been married has received these ugly bears. And we've recorded the names of every man that's been married on the back of the male bear's box, and every woman's name is on the back of the female bear's box.

The bears have sat in attics, storage rooms.. they even survived a flooded basement, so you can imagine what they look like now. But they always reappear at every wedding!

And people ask me and my boyfriend why we're not engaged 7 years later...

@~/~~~~
Old 01-03-2019, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
This is one of the "best" (i.e. most hilarious) gifts that has circulated through my family.

Years ago - maybe 20 now - my aunt got re-married. Her and her husband received a gift that they just couldn't stop laughing about. The people who gave it to them (we can't even remember the relation/connection now) gave it to them thinking they would truly appreciate it. The gift: two plastic, person-like standing bears, about 12 inches tall, one dressed as a bride and the other dressed as a groom. They each came in these decorated cardboard boxes. Again, we couldn't stop laughing at how absurd this gift was.

Well eventually, there was another wedding in the family and guess what was re-gifted! Now it's 20 years later, and every couple that's been married has received these ugly bears. And we've recorded the names of every man that's been married on the back of the male bear's box, and every woman's name is on the back of the female bear's box.

The bears have sat in attics, storage rooms.. they even survived a flooded basement, so you can imagine what they look like now. But they always reappear at every wedding!

And people ask me and my boyfriend why we're not engaged 7 years later...
Pictures, please! I can't imagine how horribly fantastic these bears are!!!

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.