GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,553
1 members and 2,552 guests
3DGator

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2005, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pt2005
To my Delta sister greek, this is such a nice thread that u have started and although i myself dont post as much as i would like to, i had to post to this.

I am a neo(SPR 05) and i recently became a member of Sigma Gamma Rho and my chapter is the first and only NPHC on the yard. In my family there is no greeks and no one knows anything about greeks but the sterotypes. At my school there was no NPHC only the NPC organizations. As students and women of color we felt as though we needed an organization that would exemplify our roots and cultrue. Therefore, for the past three years there was numerous interest sessions amongst ourselves and research because we def. wanted an NPHC organization but we wanted one for the right reasons. And i will say that the first Sigma woman that i met was Northeast Regional Syntaktes Felicia Blakeney and this woman was WONDERFUL! She showed Sigma in such a classy, dignified way that i was so intrigued. After almost a year after an interest meeting she had at our school she still kept in touch with us and stayed with us till the very last decison was made. And i would like to say that thank you yo my SoRHOr Madame Syntaktes Blakeney for showing us the RHOyal Blue and Gold light. Since then, I have been nothing but proud to say that i am a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority!

Being a member of an NPHC has not only allowed me to meet some great Sigma women, it has allowed me to meet wonderful people in general.
Thanks for sharing this Sorhor. Sorhor Blakeney is very thorough and extremely helpful. Maybe I can get her to tell her story on GC.

I don't want nobody to give me nothin. Open up a door, I'll get it myself!! (The late, great James Brown)