GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,256
1 members and 2,255 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 01-29-2004, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I didn't watch all of tonight's episode, but I did not think that model was good. Her voice was shakey- like she was nervous.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-29-2004, 02:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrincessHeather
Quote:
Originally posted by chideltjen
And he was from Stockton too... that's kinda near me.

But I almost flipped out when there was a guy from Hayward on there last night. He didn't make it. He sang (sorta) Drops of Jupiter and Simon said he was like a car salesman. He was HOT! Where was he when I lived there?
[nor cal chat]

good to know I'm not the only one that was like, hey those two, kinda live near me!!

supposedly there are two local people that made it to the finals, it was on Fox 40 last night, but I didn't watch it.

[/end chat only Jen and I would understand ]
Old 01-29-2004, 04:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I love how that one girl and her coach got kicked out of the hotel. And she sang before she left and said "Did that sound Cabaret to you?"

Actually babe, yes, it did. Very much so.

I felt bad for the girl who had a ton of people routing for her, and had that airbrush shirt that said Hawaii *hearts* Simon.

Actually, I didn't.

And that guy who got five people to vouch for him. I love Simon's comment that as a gift, that kid could sing all day for those five people.

Last edited by DeltaSigStan; 01-29-2004 at 04:44 AM.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine
I can't wait for tomorrow's episode because it's the one filmed here!

There's so much hype about the 17 year old local girl who supposedly wow-ed the judges--apparently Simon couldn't shut up about her. I know her first and last name, but her high school's been tight lipped about it.

I wonder if she really has talent or Simon can't stop talking about her because she's still jailbait. *cough*GOAT GIRL*cough*
They didn't show her. I don't remember seeing her. There's supposed to be a recap show on Monday so maybe she'll be on that.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

http://www.lsureveille.com/vnews/dis.../4018a5f4350fe

Remember "Booty Shake Girl"/ I'm So Excited? Mass Com major at LSU. Some bits and pieces from the article.

But judges cut Ducote and sent Mayeux on to the third round. She said she thinks they knew she would make a scene for the cameras.

"In my eyes it's not really a singing contest," she said. "I wasn't taking it seriously."

American Idol Host Ryan Seacrest summed up Mayeux's performance with one statement:

"Maybe Houston wasn't ready for that much booty."
Old 01-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
They didn't show her. I don't remember seeing her. There's supposed to be a recap show on Monday so maybe she'll be on that.
You're right, they didn't show her auditioning, but they did show a clip of her from next week's show. I knew it was her because she had a mouthful of braces!

Fireman Cliff can actually sing (he sing karaoke all the time at the bar I work at), I don't know why he sounded so dang horrible at the auditions. Still, I don't think he's AI material.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AznSAE
I fianlly caught an episode of the tryouts from this year, the Hawaii one. I thought that one big girl did great. They said no to her probably because of her size . Also, the funniest part was when that one guy came on just to get a girlfriend.

They showed the "worst of" at the end, and I found the asian guy singing "She Bangs" by Ricky Martin to be quite entertaining, it was too funny.......
Old 01-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by AznSAE
I fianlly caught an episode of the tryouts from this year, the Hawaii one. I thought that one big girl did great. They said no to her probably because of her size . Also, the funniest part was when that one guy came on just to get a girlfriend.

They showed the "worst of" at the end, and I found the asian guy singing "She Bangs" by Ricky Martin to be quite entertaining, it was too funny.......
I think Mr. Hung (the She Bangs guy) was classic. I see him as the Long Duck Dong of the 21st Century.

AFAIK, Matt Motter (I need a girlfriend) still doesn't have a girlfriend. He used to play for the UH Men's Volleyball team.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Funny little note about the "She Bangs" guy: we were watching "AI" when he auditioned and---I swear to GOD--my chihuahua Pumpkin started howling at the TV during his audition. We've watched all 3 seasons, and she has never done that before!!! I nearly died from laughing so hard.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

okay the "she bangs" guy was the CUTEST thing!!! Aw, I felt so bad for him, but he was so cute!!
Old 01-29-2004, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I loved Mr. Hung (She Bangs Guy)! Did you notice that he was actually on pitch, though? It just wasn't good.... Honestly, I think he missed his calling--he should be doing standup...I would love to see his impression of just about any famous singer...singing & arm movements...(say, Kid Rock or Clay Aiken...) he would have me in tears. TEARS I tell ya!
Old 01-29-2004, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Old 01-30-2004, 12:12 AM

I know he was on a few weeks ago, but I am looking forward to seeing that hottie-guy perform (blue shirt, sang for the Pope?)

He sang "Unchained Melody"....sigh....
Old 01-30-2004, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I heard of a Korean guy rapping...can someone fill me in. the American channel here isn't showing AI3. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
William Hung was just hilarious. I thought it was kind of unfair for AI3 to say he was the next "Keith." Keith was just scary. Will actually had enthusiasm and humor.