GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,476
4 members and 1,472 guests
aidancahvsoz240, navane, Phrozen Sands

Old 11-13-2013, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Southern Miss Sororities??

Im from Alabama, and I know no one that goes to Southern Miss. What are the best sororities? Can Anyone give me a description of each one, like the type of girls in it? any info would be great!! Thanks!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-13-2013, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSass14 View Post
Im from Alabama, and I know no one that goes to Southern Miss. What are the best sororities? Can Anyone give me a description of each one, like the type of girls in it? any info would be great!! Thanks!!
There are outstanding women in every chapter at Southern Miss. If you are planning to rush there, you should be proud to join any one of them.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh no!! I didn't mean for it to sound like it does! I will be proud to join any of the (if the people are nice) I just don't want to go in blind. lol

Last edited by SouthernSass14; 11-13-2013 at 06:24 PM. Reason: I hit enter before I finished Typing
Old 11-13-2013, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

This is exactly the kind of thing we absolutely won't discuss here. Opinions are just opinions, reputations can be accurate or not or really mean-spirited. There is a rush process for a reason go through, find out who you click with and who likes you and go from there. Going in with a whole dossier of information about who's best, who are the cheerleaders, who are the religious girls, who are the partiers can only end one way: badly. All of the chapters are going to have all kinds of girls. And restricting yourself based on what you read or someone tells you is going to lead to all kinds of disappointment. That house that everyone tells you is HORRIBLE might be the one that's great for you and oh by the way, that reputation was from 1960.

I know it's tough but this is one you not only shouldn't be looking to outside help for but should instead put on blinders to anyone's opinion but your own. Check out their facebook pages, their national websites, local websites, and leave it at that.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSass14 View Post
Really rude. Please wait till you get to campus and form your own opinion. Remember that a chapter's personality can change over the course of a couple of pledge classes.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

All 7 sororities at Southern Miss are strong. Average chapter size is 146, so every chapter has a mix of smarties, beauties, campus leaders, etc.

Alpha Chi Omega will be colonizing Fall 2014. They will have a house in the Village like everyone else.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't go in with a preconceived notion! My daughter went into rush week with a preconceived notion for Kappa Kappa Gamma (my grandmother was one) and Delta Delta Delta (since all my USC friends were Tri Delts, we had no Greek life where I went). Turns out NEITHER exist at VCU right now! so she had "heard" Tri Sigma was great and they are....but during rush week she fell in love with Alpha Xi Delta and would have totally missed out on a great chapter and group of gals had she NOT kept an open mind. You NEVER know what for that particular school, will be the right fit with you and it does change year to year. good luck...I really think after watching her experience that mutual selection applies in the best of ways
Old 11-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

I think there are more than six sororities on campus.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

7, with 1 in the oven, so to speak.
University of Southern Mississippi
Quota=46 (Freshman 35+UC 11)
Kappa Delta
Chi Omega
Phi Mu
Delta Delta Delta
Pi Beta Phi
Delta Gamma
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Chi Omega Colony Fall 2014
Old 11-20-2013, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I just went through Recruitment this year and believe me you will get enough of everyone elses opinions once you get there and you will be sick of hearing it all as most of it is just confusion and probably not even true. In stead of looking for this kind of "information" you would be much better off avoiding it!!

If you are smart enough to get into college you are smart enough to make up your own mind about what sort of sorority is the best fit for you.

Oh - and have fun!!!