GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,448
2 members and 2,446 guests
TLLK

Old 10-11-2020, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Sigma Tau Gamma at Penn State Suspended Through 2024 For Hazing Allegations

https://onwardstate.com/2020/10/09/s...jBXMQnaGBkbhEg

Quote:
Penn State has suspended Sigma Tau Gamma fraternity through summer 2024 for allegations of misconduct related to hazing, the university*announced*Friday.

Penn State’s Office of Student Conduct launched a joint investigation with the fraternity’s national headquarters after receiving allegations of hazing during the new member education process. It also received allegations involving furnishing alcohol to minors and violating Penn State’s recruitment regulations.

Penn State recommended the suspension. Sigma Tau Gamma’s national organization revoked its charter on September 28 following an internal appeals process.

@~/~~~~
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-11-2020, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't say I'm very chuffed when houses are suspended for these amorphous "allegations of hazing" with no further details provided. Sig Tau can disclose whatever information they like but PSU, as a semi public body, should be more transparent and not engage in these star chamber trials of GLOs where a mere allegation precedes a finding of guilt.
Old 10-11-2020, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo9 View Post
I can't say I'm very chuffed
Old 10-11-2020, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not shocked. After the Timothy Piazza tragedy, I think that Penn State thinks that it's better to be seen as cracking down hard (even for allegations) than to be seen as negligent and allow another terrible situation to happen.