GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,577
1 members and 1,576 guests
FSUZeta

Old 08-24-2014, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979greek View Post
My daughter pledged Tri Delt. It was her first choice but she loved so many of the houses and felt she could have been happy at almost all of them. I know how brutal the system can be, but I think South Carolina seems to be a pretty friendly system that works hard to find spots for as many girls as possible. Phew, so glad it is over for me... I mean her!
Congrats to your daughter and Tri Delta!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-24-2014, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Does U. Of South Carolina publish bid lists?
Old 08-25-2014, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

From what my DD says (which is never much!!!!!), it was a great recruitment. Over 1600 registered (she did say this was more than UGA's and the highest ever at USC) and quota was 130. She's an Alpha Chi and they welcomed 133 new members! Her apartment roommates (this term it's practically a Panhellenic smorgasbord!) are an ADPI and Tri-Delt (along with another Alpha Chi) and those groups brought in about the same. Pi Phi is recolonizing this year and will be doing their recruitment later in September and hope to have a house in the Greek Village end of year (...I believe I'm correct on that). I also believe I read somewhere that Alpha Xi Delta is coming on board in 2016.

I've been traveling (6 planes, 3 cities, 10 days) and haven't been able to post much. USC has a looooonnnnngggg recruitment which has it's good and patience-testing points. Good in that freshman orientation programs, summer reading groups, etc. are taking place during the recruitment process so there is time to connect with other students than the women going through rush. While the pledge classes are large, my daughter says they do a good job of breaking you into smaller groups for some activities and mixing the groups up for other activities.

So for all that are following, hope your peeps enjoyed themselves!!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

1979greek: Congratulations to your daughter, some of my best friends were Carolina DDDs and it is a great chapter!
BeachMom: Congratulations to your daughter for surviving her first year on the other side!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Curly95! Until next year!!!!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

BeachMom: I look forward to it, there is something about August that makes me so nostalgic!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to the PNMS!
Old 08-25-2014, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats 1979 Greek to you and your daughter. My daughter is a Chi Omega there and they welcomed 131 pledges. I also heard it was a great recruitment. Such a special time in the lives of these young women. Go Gamecocks!
Old 08-26-2014, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979greek View Post
My daughter pledged Tri Delt. It was her first choice but she loved so many of the houses and felt she could have been happy at almost all of them. I know how brutal the system can be, but I think South Carolina seems to be a pretty friendly system that works hard to find spots for as many girls as possible. Phew, so glad it is over for me... I mean her!
Yay! Welcome to DDD 1979greek's DD!
Old 08-30-2014, 05:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Very happy to find out the sophomore woman I know found her home at ADPi! Was concerned for her after she dropped out last year as a freshman. She will be a real asset!
Old 08-15-2015, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Help to understand! Why does University of South Carolina stretch the recruitment process out so long? Any info would greatly help! This Greek stuff is All new. Anyone have a DD going through this year 2015?
Old 08-15-2015, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry that I haven't posted earlier re USC and the Gamecocks! My DD had an internship this summer and missed most of camp so I don't know much of the stats, etc. 2nd round starts tomorrow.... Been told that it's another large group...she thinks she heard around over 1500 participating. One of the reasons they have a long recruitment (as I was told) has more to do with allowing the girls to acclimate to campus with the other freshman orientation activities that occur before the start of classes. The girls began moving in last Wednesday and Rd 1 started on Thursday and Friday. Break over the weekend and RD 2 tomorrow. Having had another daughter go through recruitment at another SEC school, while it seems lllooonnnggg, it's very healthy. Will post more when I hear it!
Old 08-15-2015, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

If there is a bid list published, I would REALLY like to see it! If anyone has a list of those actually showing up for Recruitment this year, I'm terribly interested! I was asked to write a rec for an outstanding PNM, but then she neglected to get any (read: ANY!!) information to me. I'm hoping that she's an exception to the rec rule, and somehow manages to get a good house, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

BeachMom, Thank you for the insight. Hope your daughter is having fun. Good Luck with daughter two as a PNM. Yes, please post any info on USC 2015!
Old 08-16-2015, 04:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMom View Post
Sorry that I haven't posted earlier re USC and the Gamecocks! My DD had an internship this summer and missed most of camp so I don't know much of the stats, etc. 2nd round starts tomorrow.... Been told that it's another large group...she thinks she heard around over 1500 participating. One of the reasons they have a long recruitment (as I was told) has more to do with allowing the girls to acclimate to campus with the other freshman orientation activities that occur before the start of classes. The girls began moving in last Wednesday and Rd 1 started on Thursday and Friday. Break over the weekend and RD 2 tomorrow. Having had another daughter go through recruitment at another SEC school, while it seems lllooonnnggg, it's very healthy. Will post more when I hear it!
Please let your daughter know that, if she is a freshman or transfer student taking University 101, she must still attend the First-Year Reading Experience on Monday (8/17). Also, if she is not scheduled to take U101, I would highly suggest it as the University of South Carolina is the model University 101 program in the nation. It's top notch. Your daughter can't go wrong joining any of the chapters at USC because they are all really good. Good luck to her!