GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,048
2 members and 1,046 guests
PGD-GRAD, Xidelt

Old 06-05-2003, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, we had 53 girls going through, and 4 groups, so that's probably why it took so long....but it was well worth it!
Old 06-05-2003, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

1. University of Nebraska - Lincoln (Go HUSKERS!!)
2. Alpha Epsilon
3. Alumna since May 2002
4. MEVP, Panhellenic Delegate, Pride Leader, Chaplain, Scholarship Chair
5. To meet my sisters!
6. My Alpha Ceremony, before that night I had no idea what it was all about, after that night I never wanted to stop finding out.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to adpishan
1. University of Nevada Las Vegas
2. Epsilon Rho
3. Collegian
4. Formal Recruitment Chair, RVP and Leadership Chair
5. No matter how nervous I was going to COR events, I always felt so welcome when I got there. (I only wanted ADPi) I am greatful that I met all the women I did!!!
6. The whole day of Bid Day, from being nervous to having fun with the girls before and after knowing that they wanted me!!!
I remebered a specific event, they wanted us to keep busy (I know this in retrospect) while they set everything up, so we did a sort of campus tour... but we needed to get from one side of the campus to another fast. So we flagged down a tram (long golf cart) and hopped on... we had to cram all of us in there and hang on. Then plan was we had to walk, so as we drove by (about 100 yards) the building where they were setting up, we tried to hide. (Like anyone couldn't tell) Anyways, we all laughed SO HARD and it was SO MUCH fun!!!

Last edited by adpishan; 11-24-2003 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Bump...Bump...Bump...

Thought there might be someone new who hadn't completed this yet....
Old 10-11-2003, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jewelladpi Send a message via Yahoo to jewelladpi
William Jewell College
Gamma Nu
Collegian
Gift Mart (Woot Woot)
I joined ADPi because the girls were "real" and a little because my "aunt" is an ADPi.
My fav memory is diamond days
Old 10-12-2003, 05:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to perkypenguin629
Cool ADPI till I die

School: University of Southern Mississippi
chapter: Eta Zeta
Collegian
I was initiated in March so I have only held one position to dat: Scholarship chair, as i am currently. I will be slating for EVP, Guard, and NMC soon though

I was "rushed" by a girl that was dating one of my now ex-boyfriends frat brothers. Tai, the girl, never talked it up like some girls who have to compensate for their lack of sisterhood do. I just saw it when i saw her relate to the other sisters, myself never planning on joining a sorority. Eventually, I was invited to a COR and next thing I knew, i was being initiated 2 months later.

My fondest memories, well, they would haave to be stepping in A Phi A's step show (and winning top sorority step), dancing in DG's Anchor Splash ( we were 80Pi, gotta luv the 80's music), singing "Baby got Pins" to our advisors and seeing the looks on their faces, and the RR after the Recrutiment workshops this summer...LEt's just say, after 12 hours of singing One Blue two blue, you need to rest and just hang out, watching movies and such. I love my sisters!!
Old 10-12-2003, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

1. Miami University
2. Eta Epsilon
3. collegian
4. pride leader, recording secretary, current EVP
5. I knew some girls there and I felt pretty comfortable
6. looking at the bid list this year and realizing that my rush baby, who I talked to throughout all of recruitment and fell in love with, had just joined ADPi! She is now my little diamond and I couldn't be happier!

Last edited by ADqtPiMel; 12-22-2004 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

1) California State University, Chico
2) Eta Rho
3) Alumna for many, many years
I pledged in 1990 - actually, I was in the guinea pig Alpha Class. We were one of six in the nation. (Am I too old to be on the this board ?)
4) I was Rush Education VP or whatever we called it then
5) I fell in love with ADPi because the girls I met were real people, and not characatures of sorority girls.
6) I have so many favorite memories that it's hard to chose one. I pledged when I was a 17 year old freshman who had no idea what she was in for. I spent five years in the chapter in college, then assisted with Rush for a few years after that. I'm now a member of the Washington DC Alumni Association. I guess I am living proof that ADPi is not something that you do, it's something that you are for a lifetime.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

1) California State University, Chico
2) Eta Rho
3) Alumna since 1999
4) None
5) My boyfriend at the time was neighbors to some ADPi's that I thougt they were great! I felt most comfortable there and absolutely loved the girl that rushed me.
6) I have so many favorite memories that I could even begin. I would have to say that the whole 3 years was pretty much the best time of my life.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

1) Texas Tech University
2) Epsilon Epsilon
3) Collegian- Senior
4) Web Master
5) I joined because the girls were down to earth and really sweet. I could see myself being friends with most if not all the girls for many years to come.

5) My favorite memory was getting to initiate my best friend/sister-in-law.

-Ryan
Old 10-14-2003, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: ADPi Roll Call

1.University of North Texas
2. Gamma Upsilon!!
3. Collegian
4. None yet
5. I joined ADPi because I was comfortable with them from the moment I first stepped foot in the house (even though I didn't even know anyone in the house!). I loved how this house stood out from the rest as down to earth, and how they made me laugh and always made me feel welcome. If I could go back, I would choose ADPi all over again
6. I have so many great memories it's so hard to pick just one. I think something I will never forget was our Diamond Days b/c it was all so much fun! I will also never forget my first trip to the Ronald McDonald house. I was an Alpha then and was making the 7-hour trip in a car full of Deltas I didn't know, but I had the most fun time getting to know them so well on the way over there and during the entire weekend
Old 10-14-2003, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UNLADPi
1. University of Nebraska Lincoln
2. Alpha Epsilon
3. Alumnae (January 2003)
4. I was only active for 3 months, so I never held an office...sniffle!
5. One of my good friends from high school was doing COR events w/ ADPi, so I went bowling and ice skating w/ the girls and fell in love w/ them!
6.Getting lost in some small town outside of Lincoln while on a Halloween ghost hunt with one of the frats in Lincoln. We drove around for about 2 hours looking for an abandoned school house, which ended up not being there anyways...good times...good times!
Old 10-14-2003, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

1. Northern Arizona University
2. Epsilon Xi
3. Collegian since Spring 2003
4. Panhellenic Representative to the Residence Hall Association, Rush Information Manager
5. I joined ADPi because all of my friends ended up joining and i was running out of time to join. I felt at home here.
6. My favorite memory was last day of Initiation and I still harass my Diamond Sister (NAUADPi) for running me into the wall. It was funny. I also cut my waist length hair to my chin and didn't tell anyone until they saw me. i donated my hair to locks of love.

Last edited by EXiADPi; 04-21-2004 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

1. University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
2. Epsilon Lambda
3. Alumna since May 2003
4. Adpi positions: Asst. Treasurer, Treasurer <----not fun!! Pride leader too!
5. My older sister is an Adpi and so I knew that I wanted to join a sorority. I was actually all about "XYZ" sorority, but then when I went through ADPi prefs I realized where I was meant to be!!
6.Best Memory.....My last preference ceremony as a senior. I cried so much, I knew I was gonna miss being around all those girls!! But actually I am still REALLY involved. I have an amazing DIAMOND Family that keeps me young!
Old 10-15-2003, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
Quote:
Originally posted by EXiADPi
1. College or University
Northern Arizona University
2. ADPi Chapter
Epsilon Xi
3. Collegian or Alumnae
Collegian since Spring 2003
4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held
Panhellenic Representative to the Residence Hall Association
5. Why you joined ADPi
I joined ADPi because all of my friends ended up joining and i was running out of time to join. I felt at home here.
6. Favorite ADPi memory
My favorite memory was last day of Initiation and I still harass my Diamond Sister (NAUADPi) for running me into the wall. It was funny. I also cut my waist length hair to my chin and didn't tell anyone until they saw me. i donated my hair to locks of love.
My Diamond finally joined greekchat...I am so proud...