GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,180
1 members and 2,179 guests
No Members online

Old 04-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Banned

One True Delta

There is the girl @ my school and she represents DST oh so well. She is very active on campus and always somewhere volunteering. Everytime I see her she is always smiling and greets me by name. She also has a really nice personality and attitude. It's because of people like her that make me want to be greek...

I used to think that this type of Delta, undergrad anyways, was extinct. It's seems as though the ones that I have come in contact with *only speaking for my school* have that "oh I made it, now im done" thing going on. Sometimes, I feel as though after ppl cross whatever they cross, they forget about all the ones who want to do the same...but she didn't, and she doesn't. @ their programs, she goes around and introduces herself, asks your name and makes small talk...I like that...

So I guess I wrote this to ask the current Deltas, in the most humbling way of course, to please not forget about those of us who have not yet made it to where you are. We are looking @ you to uphold the beliefs and values of your organization...and when ppl have negative experiences with you all, that doesn't exactly make then feel like this is something they want to partake in...*although I'm set in my ways...but sometimes, I'm just not so sure about undergrad*

...I hope this makes sense...I'm kind of talking off the top of my head right now...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-25-2009, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WonderYrs
It's good to hear stories like this...i feel that some people forget what position they were before they joined what ever org it may be and i don't think they always realize that they are the face of their organization
Old 04-25-2009, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to psychdesire Send a message via MSN to psychdesire Send a message via Yahoo to psychdesire
I am sure the girl you are speaking of appreciates this story that you have written about her. Thanks for sharing.
Someone called me their hero today, because I refuse to get hype about graduation OR to just limit my talents to four years. I am pursuing another year of college because I feel I am not ready (skilled enough) in subjects I should be skilled in - How amazing is this