GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 926
1 members and 925 guests
No Members online

Old 01-29-2019, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Dayton 2019 Recruitment

Hello All!

Asking for a friend - does anyone know if the University of Dayton uses RFM in Recruitment? The rumors on campus seem to be that 50% of the PNMs will not be getting bids this year.

Thanks for any input you can provide!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-29-2019, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know of a campus with NPC sororities that doesn't use RFM. Someone wiser please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't either.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUMomma View Post
Hello All!

Asking for a friend - does anyone know if the University of Dayton uses RFM in Recruitment? The rumors on campus seem to be that 50% of the PNMs will not be getting bids this year.

As I stated in another thread, statements like this are used by 1) sorority members trying to make Greek life more “elite” than it is; 2) disappointed rushees who didn’t approach rush with an open mind and only wanted a bid from one of the most popular groups. When they don’t receive a bid they want or are cut from rush entirely, this is the lie they tell themselves and others. “It’s the process that’s screwed up. It’s not me.”

ISK there are some campi that don’t have a formal rush process that probably don’t use RFM on a Panhel-wide basis because it would be somewhat of a moot point, but I can’t imagine that a school like U of Dayton would be included in that group.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUMomma View Post
Hello All!

A lot of misunderstandings and rumors are easily cleared up by reading the materials that the university provides right on their website:

"Why is women’s recruitment different than men’s recruitment?

Women’s primary recruitment is different than men’s recruitment because of the fully structured process, which allows the council to use Release Figure Methodology (RFM). RFM which allows for a more equitable mutual selection process and higher chance of parity among the Panhellenic chapters directly following recruitment."

Source: https://udayton.edu/studev/_resource...ment%20FAQ.pdf

True and Constant