GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,374
2 members and 2,372 guests
navane, PGD-GRAD

Old 10-14-2004, 02:36 PM

The NEW psycho/stalker we first met through formal recruitment this fall. She was totally MUTE. I'm not talking "Oh she's just shy" I'm talking a FULL round of pretty much complete silence on her end. I tried so hard to get her to talk, but it wasn't working. We brought her back next round, same thing. So we cut her.
It turns out everyone else did too. She was one of mabye 3 or 4 girls who went bidless this year.

She came to Bid Night and stood there.

EVERY day she saw me after Bid Night, she asked me about COR. Now I had no problems with having her at COR in the spring, but I didn't want her to come back so soon after formal b/c I knew she'd get cut again. So I gave her a day/time to come (I couldn't keep ignoring her and I can't tell her no). She ends up cut again.

She calls our house to ask us about more COR every few days. She'll hang outside our chapter meeting room in the Student Center in pinwear type clothing when we have meeting. She shows up to Greek events and just stands there. Like our all Greek new member convocation, since legally no one can tell her to leave, we just let her sit there.

It's really strange because I don't know how our chapter attracts these kinds of women.

If she's not psycho, she's definitely creepy.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 07-12-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-14-2004, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry that you have psycho wannabe Sigmas

I black balled my first little brother because he went nuts and attacked our president. Plus he lied to us about everything and said that learning the creed (what we all live by) was something he didn't care about, just looked at what needed to be in done to get what he wanted. Those are his words, don't ask me what he meant by that. He's nuts.

My real little brother who is still and always will be Theta Chi is much cooler.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, this wasn't just an individual psycho PNM, it was a whole group...

AST is on a few campuses where they are the only NPC sorority. On this particular campus, AST had been there a good 40+ years. Anyway, one of the local groups, not knowing the official way of "going National" and not bothering to find out, decided on their choice by looking up the other NPC sororities on the internet. Once they found the sorority they liked (btw, it was b/c of the colors and the mascot that they made their choice), they all went out and got letter shirts, t-shirts, buttons, car stickers, etc. and proclaimed themselves members of XYZ! Needless to say, XYZ's headquarters got word of their "new chapter" rather quickly and called the group to say that they were flattered by their choice, but they had gone about it the wrong way...
Old 10-14-2004, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Question.

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine
Say Suzie PNM goes through rush at her campus multiple times but does not get a bid. For some reason, there's something about her that sororities don't like because they don't extend bids to her.

And then you find out that not only is Suzie PNM transferring to another campus with Greek Life, but she's planning to go through rush again. One can't help but wonder if she's just doing this to be accepted in a sorority.

Psycho...? Or no?
This happened on my campus. We ended up with the girl pledging us after her second trip through rush on our campus, which was the second or third school she had transferred to. Probably shouldn't say anything else.

That is all.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was a PX, there was a pnm who was OBSESSED with ZTA. Going into Pref. she had gotten cut by ZTA, but not from all the rest of the sororities. When her PX told her, she went nuts! She threw a chair and yelled at her PX because she knew that she was a ZTA (which she wasn't) and blamed the PX from telling her sisters not to invite her back. No matter what any of the PXs did she would not calm down and security ended up coming to "remove" her from the student center. She then dropped out of recruitment.

A few weeks later, I was working in the bookstore, and this same PNM came in and bought all ZTA stuff (bumper stickers, I "heart" pins, cups, etc.) and when she got up to the register I was like "Oh, did ZTA snap bid you?" and she looked at me glaringly and was like "No, I'm just gonna wear it so people think I am a ZTA and it will piss them off!"

I ended up telling one of my friends that was a ZTA about this next day in class. Apparently, the Greek Advisor had to meet with the PNM.

I heard she had dropped out of Elon the following fall.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Whoa.. why would someone spend a ton of money (at least around here Greek stuff costs a lot of $$) just to "piss someone off"?!?!?!
Old 10-14-2004, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I think there are just a lot of kids who went unnoticed in high school... and when they get to college, they go a little nuts in the new social environment... and then you realize, they're quite crazy OR just very immature and unable to handle the rejection.

Also, I think a lot of PNMs are very overzealous. They're so excited to be at college and are really sold on the idea of joining a sorority. They may hear reputations or know someone, and they decide "I'm rushing for XYZ," when they really don't know any of the members or how the system works.

I also think that the "etiquette" factor of wearing letters that are not your own is something we take seriously, but PNM's just don't know any better unless they care to investigate it further. IE: I want to go to Yale, so I buy a bunch of Yale stuff. I want to go XYZ, so I buy a bunch of XYZ stuff. The PNM's intend it to be flattering, but they don't know that it is really a turnoff. Can't blame them for being young and unexperienced, though.

I do blame the ones who are psychos for being immature and I am proud of any chapter that can keep those people out of their chapter until they grow up a little!

ETA: I hope no one thought I was making light of psycho stalker PNMs. I certainly understand that the only people who should wear your letters are the members of that org! But I was also remembering what it is like to be 18... pretty clueless! So while it is wrong to wear letters that aren't your own, and there are some legitimate "quirky" people out there, imitation (while not always the most appropriate) is the highest form of flattery... and even the more immature "quirky" folk do grow up at some point... maybe to the point where they finally get it and will be a good fit for a sorority!

Last edited by adpiucf; 10-18-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Damn... That's sad

Quote:
Originally posted by MaggieXi
When I was a PX, there was a pnm who was OBSESSED with ZTA. Going into Pref. she had gotten cut by ZTA, but not from all the rest of the sororities. When her PX told her, she went nuts! She threw a chair and yelled at her PX because she knew that she was a ZTA (which she wasn't) and blamed the PX from telling her sisters not to invite her back. No matter what any of the PXs did she would not calm down and security ended up coming to "remove" her from the student center. She then dropped out of recruitment.

A few weeks later, I was working in the bookstore, and this same PNM came in and bought all ZTA stuff (bumper stickers, I "heart" pins, cups, etc.) and when she got up to the register I was like "Oh, did ZTA snap bid you?" and she looked at me glaringly and was like "No, I'm just gonna wear it so people think I am a ZTA and it will piss them off!"

I ended up telling one of my friends that was a ZTA about this next day in class. Apparently, the Greek Advisor had to meet with the PNM.

Old 10-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by JocelynC
The former psycho (the one a was talking about when I started the thread), has since left Kent State.

The NEW psycho/stalker we first met through formal recruitment this fall. She was totally MUTE. I'm not talking "Oh she's just shy" I'm talking a FULL round of pretty much complete silence on her end. I tried so hard to get her to talk, but it wasn't working. We brought her back next round, same thing. So we cut her.
It turns out everyone else did too. She was one of mabye 3 or 4 girls who went bidless this year.

She came to Bid Night and stood there.

EVERY day she saw me after Bid Night, she asked me about COR. Now I had no problems with having her at COR in the spring, but I didn't want her to come back so soon after formal b/c I knew she'd get cut again. So I gave her a day/time to come (I couldn't keep ignoring her and I can't tell her no). She ends up cut again.

She calls our house to ask us about more COR every few days. She'll hang outside our chapter meeting room in the Student Center in pinwear type clothing when we have meeting. She shows up to Greek events and just stands there. Like our all Greek new member convocation, since legally no one can tell her to leave, we just let her sit there.

It's really strange because I don't know how our chapter attracts these kinds of women.

If she's not psycho, she's definitely creepy.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was a new member, there was a suitemate of mine who basically rushed because she was our suitemate and really had no other "friends" outside of us (I should say acquaintances though). To make a long story short, when the new member process began, she didn't get along with any of the new members no matter how hard we tried. She used to literally scream and yell at us constantly, and talk about how much she hated most of the sisters. The sisters ended up dropping her when she threatened to kill one of us, and showed one of the sisters this huge knife she had in her bag. I learned after I crossed that she went to h.s. with one of my sisters who begged everyone not to give her a bid cause she was crazy but the sisters decided to extend her a bid anyway because they couldn't really just go on my sister's word at the time, and besides, during rush, she presented as being sweet as pie. Needless to say, the one person on my line she threatened ended up dropping and one of the reasons she said was because she was so stressed out with this person constantly threatening her.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, in a previous thread I posted about the PNM who kept talking to herself throughout FR. Apparently, she is in a class with my roommate. My roomie did not realize this b/c it's a large class in a lecture hall. She only found out b/c she had the sensation of being stared at & realized that Psycho Suzie was sitting near her & couldn't keep her eyes off her letters. Everytime my roomie has that class, this gal sits near her & stares. She text messages me a lot during this time b/c the girl is starting to freak her out.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JupiterTC
Quote:
Originally posted by MaggieXi

Maggie, that's ironic that you told that story, because my suitmate freshmen year did almost the exact same thing. She didn't get a bid from the GLO she wanted (I don't remember what group), and she dropped out of school before spring term began.

And btw, they don't sell Greek stuff at the bookstore anymore

/end hijack
Old 10-17-2004, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

This is so weird because I know a girl who did sort of the same thing! She went to a school nearby that some of my friends attended, and she lived on their hall. Well freshmen year they all went through recruitment together and this girl (I will call her Sarah) fell in love with XYZ, which was a good sorority on campus. They weren't considered any bad stereotypes and were just pretty normal and average good girls, so it wasn't one that I had heard of people practically going psycho over (at least as far as I could tell from the image I get when visiting campus). Well she goes through and gets a bid to XYZ, which is another really good group on campus and one that I have friends in. She tried it out and decided it just was not for her and depledged so she could go though formal next year which was a smart move...

Fast forward to next year when her pi chi, rho chi, (whatever you call them at your school!) calls her in after second rounds and tells her that ABC didn't ask for her back, but three other groups (ALL really good, and one considered "super popular") DID! Well "Sarah" freaked out in the room, threw HER chair, she MADE her Pi Chi call the sorority to make sure it wasnt a mistake and that she KNEW they asked her back. Well finally they did get ahold of the girls and they said it hadnt been a mistake and they hadnt asked her back! Sarah freaked out, left the room and was not seen from for three days. She finally came back and did not talk about it with anyone... but my friends have heard she wants to go through recruitment AGAIN to see if the girls will take her.

The weird thing is she hung out with the girls all year and everyone thought she would automatically get asked there.... It makes you wonder what happened with this group that others would ask her back, but not the group of girls she wanted so badly!
Old 10-17-2004, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by neonsparkles
She finally came back and did not talk about it with anyone... but my friends have heard she wants to go through recruitment AGAIN to see if the girls will take her.
I am very opposed to the whole "3rd times a charm" thing. I CANNOT stand it when people don't have an open mind during rush, and drop out even when they get alot of invites. For whatever reason, XYZ thinks she's nice, but she just wouldn't fit in their chapter. We all know people that we like, but we don't think they'd fit in our chapter.

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Yes, and sometimes it is something as stupid as "I used to date her older brother and we had a bad break-up and I wouldn't want him coming over here to visit" or "she really wants to get involved in intermurals, and our chapter doesn't really participate."