GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,008
2 members and 1,006 guests
AOIIalum, zsamulpitt5293

Old 05-31-2006, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelPhiSig
ThetaSis2GphiB,

There are some collegiate chapters of BSP - one in Flint Michigan and one in Kansas City (or somewhere in Missouri)

BSP is a great organization especially if you want to be involved in your community and still have that greek feeling when you are alumna and there is not an alumnae group close by!

Greek orgs represented in our chapter:
Phi Sigma Sigma, Alpha Sigma Alpha, Sigma Alpha Iota, Tau Beta Sigma (honorary)
That is a great point AngelPhiSig. Especially for smaller Panhellenic groups or those with stronger presence on East vs West coast (or North vs. South).

You mentioned 2 collegiate chapters...do they experience any backlash from Greeks in more traditional organizations? What schools are they located at? Do they only have members from that 1 school or any schools in the area? Do y'all have Recruitment/Rush?

Thanks for the info! And Happy 75th Anniversary of founding!
Old 05-31-2006, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Quote:
Originally posted by ThetaSis2GPhiB
That is a great point AngelPhiSig. Especially for smaller Panhellenic groups or those with stronger presence on East vs West coast (or North vs. South).

You mentioned 2 collegiate chapters...do they experience any backlash from Greeks in more traditional organizations? What schools are they located at? Do they only have members from that 1 school or any schools in the area? Do y'all have Recruitment/Rush?

Thanks for the info! And Happy 75th Anniversary of founding!
The Flint group is/was the local Alpha Theta Chi - I believe they have chapters at UMFlint and Mott - but they meet together as one. The chapter in Missouri is at UMKC. I believe they fully function like a NPC org. I often see their pictures in our magazine (its hard to miss some 20 somethings when your mag is full of 80 somethings!) I just looked, UMKC has these orgs:

Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Beta Sigma Phi
Chi Omega
Delta Rho
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Delta Zeta

We also have a chapter at Kettering, Im not sure if its A or B... they have other social greeks there too.

BSP DOES rush. We can continually rush throughout the year, but main rush times are fall and spring, just like college orgs. Our pledge (yes, BSP does still use PLEDGE... ugh) period is six months, BUT we usually only meet once or twice a month so its not really THAT much time (if you're used to six weeks though, it seems like FOREVER!) Our pledges have the same rights as sisters - wearing letters, exec board positions.

Its really a neat organization, it needs help to become something that more 20somethings would like to join. Many of the younger chapters have been helping push this along! We <3 younger chapters!

Def. stop by our forum for more info!!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

last night at the bus stop, saw a girl with a Sigma Lambda Gamma (or was it Beta?) tote bag.

also, two of the local day care centers in my neighborhood are sponsored by local D9 chapters (Alpha Kappa Alpha and Omega Psi Phi)

(and if i recall correctly, a member of the particular AKA chapter frequents GC, so im wondering if were in the same area)
Old 06-06-2006, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to audaz49 Send a message via Yahoo to audaz49
if it was a girl, it better have been a GAMMA, cuz the BETAS (SLB) would knock her out for sportin their stuff!
#49 Audaz
1 of 3, Spring '04
Gamma Chapter
Sigma Lambda Gamma
National Sorority Inc.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:57 PM

Coming from Tower City I saw a car with an Alpha Delta Pi sticker on it.

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by audaz49
if it was a girl, it better have been a GAMMA, cuz the BETAS (SLB) would knock her out for sportin their stuff!
haha, i only said that cause from my angle i couldnt see the last letter.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
At the dog park yesterday, I saw a car with an Alpha Delta Pi sticker (with a University of Illinois sticker right underneath)

Today while walking down Michigan Avenue at lunch I saw a guy in an Omega Psi Phi T-shirt.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Ran into an Alpha Phi alumna (from San Diego State U) and a Kappa Alpha Theta Alumna (From Wash state) at the store I work at
Old 06-07-2006, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

when i was in costa rica and doing the tourise stuff i saw some PIKES at national parc manuel antonio. i saw a few of them with an ankle pike tattoo.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I found out that a woman I'm on an event committee with is a DPhiE. She's an advisor for one of the sororities in town It's not often that we see DPhiEs around here!
Old 06-13-2006, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Scandia
I have seen cars recently with stickers of Pi Beta Phi and Sigma Kappa, neither of which has a chapter at the universities in town. Both do in my alma mater- which is 2 hours north of here.

Theta Phi Alpha
Old 06-13-2006, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Yesterday while driving back to work I saw a car with a Gamma Phi Beta decal on the back window.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 06-13-2006, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to trojangal
I wore my Shamrock t-shirt from Alpha Upsilon's Shamrock project to a teaching workshop for other teachers in my particular field and I discovered a Kappa Delta sister!

Membership in a sorority brings pride and responsibility. Let your actions reflect the same.
CAB, Delta Eta, University of South Florida
Old 06-13-2006, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I know a stripper that has her greek letters tattoed on her lower back....
Old 06-13-2006, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Letters-Sightings

Well not sure just how this fits in as I was wearing my letters when this happened.

Was in the oldest Temple in GA (Savannah) when I heard a 'yell' from the other side.

Was an 80 year old Brother, who was a member of the class of 1945 at CCNY and now living in FL. I was the first SAE, out side of his close friends that he had met in years!

I should I was visiting Savannah on holiday and on the plane home another Brother just happened to read my ring while sitting next to me!

Can be a rather small world!!!