GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,363
2 members and 1,361 guests
3DGator, LaneSig

Old 01-04-2001, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Talking Spring Semester Rushees

Okay, all you potential spring rushees! I'm sure everyone would love to hear about how rush goes for you so...who are you? Where are you? We're really interested!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-04-2001, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I will be rushing this spring at the University of Akron in Ohio. I am very excited and am trying to learn as much as I can before I go back to school. There are 5 sororities on my campus: ADPi, Delta Gamma, Alpha Phi, AGD and KKG. The AGD and KKG chapters do not have websites, so I haven't been able to learn as much about them yet. However, the other sororities all sound great so far! I guess that the first recruitment event is a progressive dinner on February 6. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, and good luck to the other spring rushees!!!
Old 01-04-2001, 07:17 PM
Unregistered-

Talking

Hello praisedancer! You're right, AGD doesn't have a chapter website at your campus. However, the Omega chapter at U of Akron was founded in 1922, being the 22nd chapter installed.

While meeting with the AGD sisters would be your best bet to learn more about the Omega chapter, visiting this link would also be helpful. It's http://www.alphagam.net/links/collegiate.php and this page has links to many of the active AGD chapters across the US and Canada.

And if you have any more questions--feel free to email me! I'd be glad to help!

Keep us posted okay? Good luck!

------------------
*I'm an Alpha Gam...Yes I am, Yes I am!*
Old 01-05-2001, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Hi praisedancer! Like OohTeenyWahine, I am also an AGD - an alumna from the Delta Zeta chapter up here in Vancouver, Canada. I've been involved with Alpha Gam since 1997, and have just recently gone alum. Please be sure to let me know if I too can be of any help at all!

Best of luck during Rush

Jen
Delta Zeta '97
Alpha Gamma Delta.
Old 01-05-2001, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

praisedancer-
I just wanted to wish you good luck with rush. Being in a sorority is definately the best thing that I have done in college (that's not saying much since I'm a freshman, but you know what I mean). I hope you have a great time with rush, and if you have any ADPi-related questions, please feel free to email me!

------------------
Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong... because sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
Old 02-01-2001, 06:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

Well, I am officially signed up for spring recruitment. There is a Greek forum on Monday night and a progressive dinner on Tuesday night, where you go each house and they serve you a course of the dinner. I am so excited, but I'm really nervous. What would be appropriate attire for each of these things?
Old 02-01-2001, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

have you been assigned a rho chi yet? she should be able to tell you exactly what to wear to everything. usually rush gets progressively more dressy as the week goes on.
Old 02-01-2001, 08:44 AM
GreekChat Member

No, I haven't been assigned a Rho Chi yet. Will somebody call me before Monday night or will they be assigned to me then? I really am not sure how everything works yet.
Old 02-01-2001, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

i'm guessing they'll be introduced to you on monday night. that night will probably be an informational session type thing, where they tell you how the rush process will work, what happens each night, etc. since they haven't told you what to wear, try to look nice... i don't know what you'd normally wear to school, but maybe you could wear dark pants (not jeans) and a nice top... dress up a little bit. you want it to look like you made an extra effort to look nice.
Old 02-01-2001, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey guys, this is my first post, ive been reading for a few days. Im starting formal rush tomorrow! I guess you could say it starts tonight because there's an orientation from 7 to 10. Im really excited, ive known i want to be in a sorority for a long time. Im getting nervous though because it seems like everyone is rushing and its very competitive to get into the houses! wish me luck :-)

Old 02-01-2001, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Jammy12-
Good luck with rush! I didn't go thru formal (I went thru open rush) but I have heard about how stressful it can be. What sororities are on your campus?
Keep us updated on how your rush goes!!
Old 02-01-2001, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

where is everyone rushing? which sororities are you considering, and why?
Old 02-01-2001, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok there are 14 sororities on my campus, and they are: tri-delt, kd, theta, phi sig, sdt, aephi, alpha phi, adpi, dphie, sigma kappa, delta gamma, alpha chi omega, aopi, and zta! i dont know much about a lot, i did go to tri-delt twice during informal rush(freshman arent allowed to get bids though until we have 12 credits) so i liked it there tons! but i dont wanna make any kind of decision until ive seen all the houses, and im trying to ignore all the stuff ive heard about them. i'll post again after my first set of tours which is tomorrow!
Old 02-01-2001, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ninjabunny
Unhappy

my rush experience is kinda sad. I rushed this house with a friend because I really liked their philantrophy. I didn't know much about this house and i didn't want to know beforehand. I wanted to see how i feel about this house without any outside comments. Later, my friend found out that they are not a popular house on campus. Her exact words were "it's a reject house". She didn't attend the last rush event but I went anyways because I like the girls. Well, I found out today that I didn't get a bid and she did. I am very upset. I think I am sadden mostly because I sorta overprepared for this sorority thing. I enrolled in the minimum units this semester so I would have enough time for pledging and studying. Well i don't want to talk anymore...I am gonna go sulk now...(~_~) i'll be alright in awhile.
Old 02-01-2001, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ninjabunny
a few advice from me...if you have a boyfriend that's in a frat, don't tell them about it. at lease that's what i think i did wrong...don't limit yourself to one house, when things don't go your way, you'll have other options