GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,697
3 members and 1,694 guests
MSKKG, PiperJarma, speedsters

Old 08-17-2011, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydidKD View Post
What amazes me is people giving their children heavy digital footprints before they can speak or walk. I have a facebook friend who posts about and uploads pictures of her child every single day. Also, the child's whereabouts, which is just downright dangerous. Post every detail of your life if you want to, but when I have kids I will do my best to not publish their lives on the internet.
People erk me with facebook. I get really sick of people making facebooks for their unborn children. What really erks me is when said people pretend to be their unborn children and communicate with other people.

I put nothing on facebook that I wouldn't want coming back around later. As someone mentioned previously, no one cares. I'm sorry you're having a bad day cause you had to work, lost your phone charger, etc. but don't look for a facebook pity party here!! It's not happening, I don't care.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
I put nothing on facebook that I wouldn't want coming back around later. As someone mentioned previously, no one cares. I'm sorry you're having a bad day cause you had to work, lost your phone charger, etc. but don't look for a facebook pity party here!! It's not happening, I don't care.
Where's the like button?!

(Irony, anyone?)

@~/~~~~
Old 08-17-2011, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by katydidKD View Post
What amazes me is people giving their children heavy digital footprints before they can speak or walk. I have a facebook friend who posts about and uploads pictures of her child every single day. Also, the child's whereabouts, which is just downright dangerous. Post every detail of your life if you want to, but when I have kids I will do my best to not publish their lives on the internet.
One of my best friends is a photo freak with her twin daughters. However, when it comes to facebook, she uploads only a limited number of pictures and she never allows anyone to tag the girls. She doesn't even put captions, so you'd have to know who they were to have any idea what you were looking at.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:42 AM

The ones that make me cringe are like this...one of my HS friends put up pictures of her daughter in the dentist's chair, after surgery etc. I don't understand how parents like this don't get that what they are doing is humiliating. "Oh but it's just MY friends that see it and they think it's cute" - no. It's not.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw that you joined Kappa, congratulations.

No idea if you saw any of the GC drama between your posts while you were at rush, but if you took a break on purpose smart idea and welcome back.

Last edited by VandalSquirrel; 08-29-2011 at 11:31 PM.