GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,330
1 members and 2,329 guests
No Members online

Old 09-13-2002, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: #$%^&@!

I'm sorry, but I DO NOT understand your angry sentiments! I too feel badly that Grace was not offered a bid, HOWEVER, I find it inappropriate for YOU to express anger and implied cuss words (#$%^&@!). This was disrespectful, and is not appreciated.

Just my thoughts.
- Jen

Jen, I can't imagine that GPhi meant any disrespect. I think she was disappointed for Grace and was trying to empathize. It is a very disapointing situation.

Anna
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-13-2002, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry you did not get the letter you had wished for. Are there other Greek Organizations on campus that you could look into? (I know the wound is still fresh and you might not be thinking like that.)

Good luck in your persuits. It sounds like they passed up on a great woman!
Old 09-13-2002, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

First of all, let me say that I am familiar with both "Grace" and "GPBLtC".

I "met" Grace via email and PMs last year when she went through Recruitment and we chatted about her situation and we both hoped that she would be considered for a bid by the USA chapter. I have never heard the AGD chapter's version of what happened last year and this year..even if I did, I would not discuss it. That is private information.

I have and will again say that I think that GPBLtCol is one of the most pro-Greek members I have ever met!! She believed in the Greek life so much that she was instrumental in starting a Panhellenic Council in our area.

I took her message to mean that she was mad/upset that Grace was unable to share the wonderful Greek experience that initiated sisters and brothers share at this time.

Grace, I wish you the best of luck and hope that you are able to one day find a meaningful relationship with one and/or several collegiate organizations!
Old 09-13-2002, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks AGDLYNN!

Lynn is right -- I am mad %$#@ when I see capable, wonderful young women like Grace disappointed by our Greek system -- regardless of what the circumstances are -- sororites have such a fine line to walk with good and bad press these days that we do not need girls who WANT to be part of our number getting hurt and disappointed...and alienating them...for instance - just read Enna05's rush thread to see another aspect of why I get mad -- or check out the University of Georgia rush thread -- why on earth Enna05 is not now a New member of a GLO at USC is beyond my comprehension -- same for so many talented smart and beautiful girls who rush at UGA ...just as it is with Streak-of-Grace -- and there are countless others who SHOULD right now be sorority women!! But they are not and that makes me mad!
When I read thru Grace's thread, I found I was really getting into her excitement and anticipation and everything-- I would make a
terrible doctor as it is hard to distance myself when I become aware of people's situations -- but then to learn about Grace not getting a bid, well I think MOST people who felt even remotely connected to Grace's situation would react with a mixture of disappointment, sadness and anger...

bottom line -- I am sorry Canadajen was offended by my post -- that certainly was not my intent -- nevertheless, I remain sad disappointed and angry about Grace not getting a bid
Old 09-18-2002, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to canadajen
Thumbs up GPhiBLtColonel!!

GPhiBLtColonel,

I very much respect AGDLynn's opinion, as well as your above explanation - thank you for that! The reason that I became upset was because I interpreted your original post to be somewhat disrespectful to that AGD chapter, of which there are some active GC members - we only had the benefit of Grace's perspective and not the chapter's perspective (that is a private, membership issue as Lynn noted). In any case, I now better understand where you are coming from, and further, do respect your opinion.

Thank you for your clarifying post GPhiBLtColonel, and also a big thanks to AGDLynn who is as wise as ever!!

Fraternally,

Jen (alumna)
AGD-DZ '97

PS - Grace, sorry for invading your post! I continue to wish you nothing but the best in your collegiate endeavors.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool thanks!

Actually, I wanted a blushing icon but they didn't have one, lol!

Gosh, thanks, Jen, that made my terrible day A LOT BETTER!

LiEP,
Lynn
Old 09-18-2002, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

How's this....

....for a shy, blushing smiley?

Whew...glad to see your post canadajen...don't like having hard feelings out there amongst greek sisters!

I can feel the love now!!
Old 09-27-2002, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Arrow I'm still here

Just letting everyone know that I'm still alive. A tropical storm recently passed over us. I was getting scared I was goin to have to build an ark or break out with my old little orange swimmies! It's been raining for nearly 3 days and it finally let up today. School and work have been closed for 2 days and I go back to work tomorrow.

I'm goin to try and talk to the Greek Advisor and see if I have any options for anything else with Greek Life. At my school if your not Greek your not known on campus at all. I'll be sure to keep in touch and let everyone know how things go when I meet with the advisor. There's not really any other orgs on campus.

Thanks for all the support I really do appreciate it.

Love and rain-soaked kisses,
"Grace"
Old 09-27-2002, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

You know....

...that all of us here on GC wish you the best, so Please do keep us posted! And stay SAFE and dry!!!
Old 09-27-2002, 07:50 AM

Grace, I'm glad your safe and dry!!! The rain is as far north as Central Ohio (at least!) now. Good luck with your upcoming meeting with the adviser, I hope you get the info you want and need.

Christin