GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,203
3 members and 2,200 guests
Cookiez17, PGD-GRAD, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 08-21-2002, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sassykd
Good Luck

Good Luck this week. Remember, the most important thing is to have fun and keep an open mind.

We are all waiting to hear your story.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck and keep us updated!
Old 08-21-2002, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlondeGurl
OK ... So I went to this meeting it is 845 and the meeting started at 700 ... I just got back to my room. It was basically an "orientation to sororities" (thats how it was explained). It was pretty cool. At the very beginning they talked about the differences between panhellenic sororities on this campus and MTV sorority life. It was so funny. They introduced all the 'recruitment counselors' to us and we split into our groups to answer any of our questions about Recruitment. Our Recruitment counselors were super nice and made me even more stoked about RUSH!!!! Our first parties start tommorrow.It's BRAG NIGHT. We visit all the houses and they are going to show us rooms and the awards they won and things of that sort. I cant wait...I am sooo excited!

Last edited by BlondeGurl; 08-22-2002 at 12:33 AM.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Off to a great start!

BlondeGurl,
Sounds like you're having a good recruitment already! The skit your Rho Chis did sounded fabulous, a good way to introduce the "real sorority life."
Have a wonderful time tomorrow. Go in smiling and knowing that you are ready to contribute to the sisterhood that is right for you!
Good luck, God Bless and keep posting!
Have a great first round! "Brag Night", that is a really cute name for it--I like that!

Old 08-22-2002, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Awesome girl I hope you have a great time at *brag night* hehe thats so cute anyways keep us posted and good luck!

Nichole
Old 08-22-2002, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

So it was 915 when we got done with our first round, it started at 315. I am sooo exhausted (in a good way) ! All the houses were beautiful. When we got to each house the girls were chanting when we went inside and they made two rows that the rushees walked down the middle of and as we walked the sorority girls came to us and introduced thamselves. It was so scary the first time...and the other times after that it was just exciting. It was sooo much fun! Tonight most all the houses did the same thing, they all showed 2 rooms in ther house, showed their badges and jewelry, showed their mixer shirts, they all had pictures all over. Three of the sororities also showed a video at the end of their sisters and it was kool they explained what all the pictures were and some girls got emotional (it was so cute). I was really impressed with 3 of the 4 sororities. I felt very at home with them and two imparticular I clicked with right away. One sorority I just didnt click with very much at all...I felt uncompfortable and felt like they werent really interested in me; even though the night was supposed to be them telling us about themselves it was like they werent interested in talking to me. It was awkward. But the other three houses I felt really good about. I am definately keeping an open mind because the sorority that I thought I wouldnt click with at that much was the one I am sooo stoked about. Tommorrow is philantropy night when we all go to each house and have a project to do and we learn about the sorority's philanthropy. We go to all the houses again tommorrow and we pick up our bids Saturday morning at 900am. I am so nervous.

Last edited by BlondeGurl; 08-22-2002 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-23-2002, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like you are having a good time . Have fun at Philanthropy day and let us know how it goes!
Old 08-23-2002, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Honey it sounds like "Brag Day" went really well for you.
Isn't it funny how the chapter you think isn't for you can sometimes turn out to be so comfortable?
As for not "clicking" with one of the houses, that's okay, don't worry about it, if you really enjoy 3 of the 4 you are way ahead of the game.
Keep us updated, we're hanging on all the details!
violets
Old 08-23-2002, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Tonight was philanthropy night. It was sooo much fun I had a way better time tonight at ALL of the sororities. I am so glad I kept an open mind, because tonight I changed my mind about a couple of my first impressions. The philanthropy projects were all really fun and interesting to do and you really learned about the philanthropy. I think I made a better impression tonight on the sororities because I have always been really active in community service and have had leadership positions where all that is concerned. Tonight the girls served drinks (last night they didnt). Tommorrow we get invitations back to houses for skit day at 900am. I am sooo nervous. I really dont want to get cut by any of the sororities, last night I dont think I would have minded about one of the sororites but tonight my opinion of them went up...the girls I met I really clicked with and talked to a lot more than I anticipated to. All together tonight went sooo much better than last night. I think I just needed to get over my initial shock and get compfortable with the girls. I am sooo looking forward to tommorrow. I hope I get the invitations I want.
Old 08-24-2002, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
It totally makes sense that you felt like things went smoother the second day. You were more used to the routine, and so were the sorority women. Believe it or not, a lot of the sorority women are nervous about having to to talk to you guys! They want to get to know you and make a good impression on you just as much as you want to do that for them, and sometimes it can be really overwhelming, especially if it is their first time on that side of rush!

It sounds like you have a great attitude!
Old 08-24-2002, 04:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I am so glad you are having a good time and that tonight you clicked with all of the houses. You never know what is going to happen from night to night. Can't wait to hear about pref night.

Tell your friend that is going to A&M -she needs to post her rush story too! I would love to here about rush from my former school

Karen
Old 08-24-2002, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Any updates????? How is everything going?
Old 08-24-2002, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey, well at 900am we got our invitations back. I went to A-D-Pi, ZTA, and Tri-Sig. There skits were sooo good. A-D-Pi did Saturday Night Pi...it was soooo funny I laughed sooo hard that I cried. Zeta did a TRL and did a countdown of the top 10 videos, they did all these super cute dance routines and put there own words into the songs. Tri-Sigma did a baseball team thing, it was cute. All the houses were soooo good. We are going to get our pref night invitations tommorrow at 900am and I have no idea if I get invites to all three againI have no idea who I will pref. We can only chose 2. I hope it is easier tommorrow when the time comes.
Old 08-25-2002, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

no AXO :(

You have 3 wonderful organizations to choose from. Two strong chapters and a new colony-how exciting . Good luck and have fun at pref.
Old 08-25-2002, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
AWWW yaaay you went to ZTA!!! Im soo excited lol anyways im ageek I hope you get invited back to the ones you loved!! cant wait to hear more

Nichole