GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,543
1 members and 2,542 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2009, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool StrawberryGloss' Around the World RE-Recruitment Fall 09

My re-recruitment starts soon-ish! I’m super excited for it and I’m a lot more confident in myself this year.

The link to my recruitment last year is here:
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=105731

Or if you don’t want to read all of it, here’s a quick summary:

I went through absolutely clueless last year. I was super intimidated by all of the PNM’s and was very shy during recruitment. I was offered a bid to New York last year, but after not feeling right with the sisters and the potential new pledge class, I declined and dropped out of recruitment. They were the only chapter to go through COB, and seeing this as a sign (lol) I went to an event with them and it still didn’t feel right. I am a legacy to Barcelona, which I loved last year, however I also thoroughly enjoyed Paris, Tokyo, and London. Rome, Los Angeles, and Miami didn’t quite make a super-great impression on me.

Fast-forward to this year: I focused on good rush conversations. I practiced with friends and my mom (who was a rush advisor for sororities—not sure what the official name for that is though) and wrote down good topics for conversations. I have a great wardrobe this year and CONFIDENCE!
I’m open to all the sororities. If Miami, Rome, or Los Angeles is just outstanding, then GREAT! It’s a new year. I’m trying to not have a bias against New York, but we will have to see. It might be hard to forget last year, but I’m going to really try to go in with as open mind as I can because you never know what might happen.

Also, a new chapter is colonizing on campus this year, so if things don’t go well, I could go through their recruitment after formal.

I will put more details after we meet with our Rho Gam’s!

Last edited by Strawberrygloss; 10-06-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Problems with the colors