GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,564
2 members and 2,562 guests
JayhawkAOII, PrettyBoy

Old 10-28-2003, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CutiePie2000
Done!

Thanks!!

.....Kelly
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-28-2003, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

KEWEL KELL!

Welcome back to the USA!

Are you any smarter or just wiser! You Travel Dawg Ya!

Hope if you went over Kansas you waved and thought of me!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 10-28-2003, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by exlurker
Welcome back, navane, and best wishes! Are you working on expunging "petrol," "lift," and (car) "boot" from your vocabulary

Well, I'm not actively trying to delete the vocabulary from my brain. I do occassionally use a British term and don't realize it until someone asks me what I mean or just giggles or something.

Quote:

Have you found any grocery stores that sell microwaveable bubble and squeak or kidney pies ?

I haven't really been into the grocery stores! We have the strike deal going on here. Though, I'm pretty certain that I won't be able to find bubble and squeak or steak and kidney pies here! My English boyfriend, who is still out there, *loves* beef jerky and desperately wants me to send him some!

Quote:

And most importantly, or so I gather from the US media, were you able to bring back copies of every tabloid piece of gossip, innuendo, accusation, and name-calling about the Royal Family and its spouses, ex-spouses, dalliances, and hired hands ?

heheheheh no, not really; but hey, last month I got invited to attend dinner at Lambeth Palace, home of the Archbishop of Canterbury. He wasn't home at the time, this was a dinner sponsored by the Romanovs (yes, the Russian royals). Can you believe that?!?! Me, of all people?!?! I'm a total nobody, but due to my connections in the Polish community, I got an invite. Talk about having the full-blown English experience!

I know it sounds farfecthed, but no, I am not making this up. (I have photographic evidence, not to mention that the back of my boyfriend's head and the bottom of my dress appeared in Hello! magazine!) Anyway, there were a few...uhm...."interesting" European royals there; but you won't see any gossip books from me anytime in the near future!

Quote:

Good wishes for AI !
Thanks!

.....Kelly <--- the American nobody
Old 10-28-2003, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Beryana
Welcome home! I hope that everything continues well with your AI pursuit. Keep us updated as you can.

Sarah
AI - AOII '00
Thanks! I hope it continues well too!

.....Kelly
Old 10-28-2003, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp
KEWEL KELL!

Welcome back to the USA!

Are you any smarter or just wiser! You Travel Dawg Ya!
I dunno...maybe both??

Quote:

Hope if you went over Kansas you waved and thought of me!

Oy! Why should I be waving at you? Here, I thought you loved me and you went and dumped me for Cele!

.....Kelly
Old 10-28-2003, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Wish I could remember my French!

But, Aw Contrar my mone Ami!!!!!

My English is much better that that! Lagar or bitter! Pint of Half Pint!

Damn, win a Lottery and take me back to UK and show me what you saw! Love to go see Willie again, oh you know upon the avon! Sherlock Holmes would be ours!

God, Loved that Little St. (alley)!

Love to have Ya Back!

Ja get my email?????

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 10-28-2003, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by navane

. . . but hey, last month I got invited to attend dinner at Lambeth Palace, home of the Archbishop of Canterbury. He wasn't home at the time, this was a dinner sponsored by the Romanovs (yes, the Russian royals). Can you believe that?!?! Me, of all people?!?! I'm a total nobody, but due to my connections in the Polish community, I got an invite. Talk about having the full-blown English experience!

I know it sounds farfetched, but no, I am not making this up. (I have photographic evidence, not to mention that the back of my boyfriend's head and the bottom of my dress appeared in Hello! magazine!) Anyway, there were a few...uhm...."interesting" European royals there; but you won't see any gossip books from me anytime in the near future!
Hmmmmmm, but in the course of your AI quest no one needs to know you're a nobody. I mean, at a tea or picnic or BBQ when you're politely raving about the food or decorations, you can just happen to mention that the sandwiches / canapes / burgers are so much tastier than the things the Grand Duke / Grand Duchess served at the palace a few months ago . . .
Old 10-28-2003, 09:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Welcome back sweetie!
Old 10-30-2003, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by exlurker
Hmmmmmm, but in the course of your AI quest no one needs to know you're a nobody. I mean, at a tea or picnic or BBQ when you're politely raving about the food or decorations, you can just happen to mention that the sandwiches / canapes / burgers are so much tastier than the things the Grand Duke / Grand Duchess served at the palace a few months ago . . .

Heh....anything would taste better than the canapes they were serving!.....

.....Kelly
Old 10-31-2003, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by navane
I know it sounds farfecthed, but no, I am not making this up. (I have photographic evidence, not to mention that the back of my boyfriend's head and the bottom of my dress appeared in Hello! magazine!)

Thanks!

.....Kelly <--- the American nobody
Um, did anyone else's head go to a bad place trying to figure out what that picture must look like?
Old 10-31-2003, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome back to the good ol' USA, Navane -- hope the fires are staying away from you there in San Diego (my folks live in TierraSanta & had to be evacuated - very scary) -- I would love to meet you in person and hear your whole AI saga -- I will be in San Diego over the Xmas holidays...I don't even know what group(s) you are pursuing, but if you need help with Gamma Phi Beta.....let me know! there are a few GC'ers who can vouch for me being a good helper in that regard

By the way, Tom did not drop you for me I think he wants us both -- he is such a greedy guy!! bwahahahaha!
Old 10-31-2003, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalGirl
Um, did anyone else's head go to a bad place trying to figure out what that picture must look like?

Uhm.....no. (!!!!!)

To fend off any bad rumors about where my bf's face was, here is that picture scanned in from Hello! magazine with my commentary:

Plus, to "prove" it really is my dress and his bum, here we are in one of our own personal photos (Neil first on left with me second from left):

So, hmph! No naughtiness going on there!

.....Kelly
Old 10-31-2003, 02:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Do the Romanovs still have any money? Or are they just normal people with royal titles?

Sorry for the hijack... but that is supercool that you got that experience!
Old 10-31-2003, 02:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GPhiBLtColonel
Welcome back to the good ol' USA, Navane -- hope the fires are staying away from you there in San Diego (my folks live in TierraSanta & had to be evacuated - very scary) --
Oh yes, we were only in danger on Sunday - we're safe now. I live 10 mins from Tierrasanta and when they were hit, we were concerned the fire would come our way.

This will sound geeky, but I did remember you previously mentioning to me that your parents lived there. I did think about them and hoped they were ok. My family also has a friend who lives in Tierrasanta and we were concerned for her too!

Quote:
I would love to meet you in person and hear your whole AI saga -- I will be in San Diego over the Xmas holidays...I don't even know what group(s) you are pursuing, but if you need help with Gamma Phi Beta.....let me know! there are a few GC'ers who can vouch for me being a good helper in that regard
That would be nice! PM me whenever you plan to be in town!

Quote:

By the way, Tom did not drop you for me I think he wants us both -- he is such a greedy guy!! bwahahahaha!

I suppose, but, I don't share! I don't want to have another SAEactive situation on my hands....

.....Kelly
Old 10-31-2003, 10:18 AM
cutiepatootie

Ok so your on american soil ..... when does the initation quest start up? are they still interested in performing Ai with you the chapter you got close to prior to you leaving for jolly ole england?

Welcome home but i want details!

laura