GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,945
0 members and 1,945 guests
No Members online

Old 07-27-2016, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile UF spring 2017 transfer as a junior wanting to rush

Hi, I am transferring to UF as a junior this spring. I want to join a sorority. I'm open to all of them but I know being a junior is a big disadvantage. I technically still have 3 years left once I transfer due to pre requisites I need on top of my major and minor. Another thing is I will be 23. My question is am I too old to rush? Should I not get my hopes up at all? I'm really interested in being apart of something bigger than myself. I know I can bring a lot to the table and I'm sure joining will also help me grow. I also love helping others. I would love to find my home. If you have any tips also please let me know.

Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-27-2016, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

UF has a traditional Greek system, meaning typical new members are younger than 23. UF has formal recruitment in the fall. They do hold a spring recruitment in which those chapters that might be below total(the amount of members the chapters are allowed to have) participate. Please know that those few chapters will not have many spots available.

Your age will work against you, as you will be older than the exec officers. Not saying that you shouldn't try. Just know these things as you go in and understand that your hope of joining a sorority at UF will not be easy.

Advice-if you have any friends in UF sororities, they will be your best conduit into the Greek system. Also, you will need recommendations. Since you won't know which sororities will hold spring recruitment you best get recs sent to them all.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 07-27-2016 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe you would be open to a non-traditional sorority? These could be multicultural, or philanthropic, or major based. They are generally very open to students of all ages.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Try. Listen to the advice given but try. UF is traditional but your situation happens with transfer students. Keep your grades as high as you can.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you to everyone who replied! i will keep everything in mind but i will definitely at least try.