GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,104
2 members and 1,102 guests
JayhawkAOII
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Love, Honor, & Courage...My love for APHIA!

Hotep Brothers. Greatness is amongst ALPHAMEN! TRUE ALPHAMEN may disagree, yet TRUE ALPHAMEN are always prompt and on time! ALPHATIME is great and cannot be broken. NEVER! My beloved TRUE ALPHA BROTHERS. Thanks for being who you are. My house is always open for you. Bro. Original Ape, Professor, and all TRUE ALPHAMEN I just want for you to know that ALPHAMANHOOD will continue to be promoted by this here ALPHAMAN. As we embark upon the next 100 years let us make it a point to combat the INFILTRATION and DESTRUCTION of BLACK MANHOOD that has obviously entered the ranks. My son is being groomed to know the difference and shall be fully LOVING OF BLACKWOMANHOOD and will marry a BLACK WOMAN. This is not even a question. Just you wait and see. Original Ape, I am going to have him pay you a visit when that "GLORIOUS" time comes so you can give him some of that GOOD OLD OHIOOOO Spirit (if ya know what I mean).

Last edited by PHAShriner/1906; 03-14-2005 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Love, Honor, & Courage...My love for APHIA!

Quote:
Originally posted by PHAShriner/1906
Hotep Brothers. Greatness is amongst ALPHAMEN! TRUE ALPHAMEN may disagree, yet TRUE ALPHAMEN are always prompt and on time! ALPHATIME is great and cannot be broken. NEVER! My beloved TRUE ALPHA BROTHERS. Thanks for being who you are. My house is always open for you. Bro. Original Ape, Professor, and all TRUE ALPHAMEN I just want for you to know that ALPHAMANHOOD will continue to be promoted by this here ALPHAMAN. As we embark upon the next 100 years let us make it a point to combat the INFILTRATION and DESTRUCTION of BLACK MANHOOD that has obviously entered the ranks. My son is being groomed to know the difference and shall be fully LOVING OF BLACKWOMANHOOD and will marry a BLACK WOMAN. This is not even a question. Just you wait and see. Original Ape, I am going to have him pay you a visit when that "GLORIOUS" time comes so you can give him some of that GOOD OLD OHIOOOO Spirit (if ya know what I mean).
Sorta like how Joe Jackson groomed the Jackson boys?

You do know that if your son is inherently Gay, there is no "grooming" that is going to change that.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 03-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Love, Honor, & Courage...My love for APHIA!

Quote:
Originally posted by ladygreek

You do know that if your son is inherently Gay, there is no "grooming" that is going to change that.
Does it strike you as odd that he's sending his son to a man in Ohio so he can get some Ohio Spirit?

-Rudey
Old 03-14-2005, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to enlightenment06
Good will is the monarch of this House

Why do I come back to GC and find my fraternity's forum has flipped "Jerry Springer" style?

let's pick up the pieces and rebuild our House of Alpha...

...meanwhile, back at the "Black Uplift" ranch...

Former NAACP President Kweisi Mfume has announced his candidacy for U.S. Senate in 2006

We as Alpha men should take a look at Mfume, regardless of political party.

If deemed worthy upon inspection we should close ranks around him and get in gear.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Re: Good will is the monarch of this House

Quote:
Originally posted by enlightenment06
Why do I come back to GC and find my fraternity's forum has flipped "Jerry Springer" style?

let's pick up the pieces and rebuild our House of Alpha...

...meanwhile, back at the "Black Uplift" ranch...

Former NAACP President Kweisi Mfume has announced his candidacy for U.S. Senate in 2006

We as Alpha men should take a look at Mfume, regardless of political party.

If deemed worthy upon inspection we should close ranks around him and get in gear.
That should be interesting. I'd like to see what would happen if Frizzell Gray (KM's birth name) runs against Michael Steele -- would it be a competitive race or would it be a Sen. Barack Obama runaway as you saw in Illinois against Alan Keyes?
I know Steele's GOP, but I don't know if he's as wacko as AK.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Love, Honor, & Courage...My love for APHIA!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Does it strike you as odd that he's sending his son to a man in Ohio so he can get some Ohio Spirit?

-Rudey
I've just tried to stop trying to figure out what he's saying...it's much simpler that way.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Good will is the monarch of this House

Quote:
Originally posted by Steeltrap
That should be interesting. I'd like to see what would happen if Frizzell Gray (KM's birth name) runs against Michael Steele -- would it be a competitive race or would it be a Sen. Barack Obama runaway as you saw in Illinois against Alan Keyes?
I know Steele's GOP, but I don't know if he's as wacko as AK.
Frizzell played it pretty safe as president of the NAACP (Julian Bond fronted the more controversial stands.) So I think he has a good chance no matter who else runs.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 03-15-2005, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

MD Sentate Rate

I don't believe Albert Wynn (current MD Congressman) will run for the senate......I am not sure about Steele (current Lt. Gov)....so Kweisi Mfume should be able to get predominately black support, but he will need to appeal to the the predom white suburbs in Montgomery County/Baltimore County .......
Old 03-15-2005, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: MD Sentate Rate

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Head Ape
I don't believe Albert Wynn (current MD Congressman) will run for the senate......I am not sure about Steele (current Lt. Gov)....so Kweisi Mfume should be able to get predominately black support, but he will need to appeal to the the predom white suburbs in Montgomery County/Baltimore County .......
OHA,
I heard/saw Steele several times on news programs on behalf of Bush during the 04 presidential elections, but don't have a sense of what he's done in Maryland. Is he seen as a conservative, or a moderate Republican?

Mfume (errh, I mean Frizell) put the NAACP back on the path toward relevance again, IMO. To many Af-Ams he's a known commodity politically, but I think his work will be in trying to reintroduce himself to the majority community who already think they know him from his days in Congress. Broadening positions to attract more support while holding your base is always tricky, even in a Democratic stronghold like Maryland, I would think.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 03-15-2005, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to The Original Ape
Re: Re: Love, Honor, & Courage...My love for APHIA!

Quote:

With all due respect, my sista, just what is this supposed to mean?
Old 03-15-2005, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Love, Honor, & Courage...My love for APHIA!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey

-Rudey
What is even more striking is how you support gay people as fiercely as you do! You defend them even when they'r not being attacked. Are YOU hiding something?
Old 03-15-2005, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

A Context of Brotherhood

Brothers,

Be clear about a few things.

1) The rules and regulations of Alpha Phi Alpha supercede any rules and regulations of greekchat when speaking to another brother.

2) Conduct yourself in an Alpha Like manner when addressing issues of Alpha Phi Alpha - Remember your days in the Sphinx club, your manner of speech should be far above those of your peers (In and out of College).

3) Everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as it is expressed in a manner that is befitting the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated.

4) Please always remember that Alpha is not a utopia.....therefore no one will ever be 100% happy. Be fraternal to one another in all things!

5) We as Alphas are here to uplift each other in all things and uplift our communities please be aware of this when you speak to one another. How can we uplift if we tear each other down.

6) Keep the ideals of Manly Deeds, Scholarship and Love for all Mankind first and foremost.
Manly Deeds = Anything that brings another up
Scholarship = Education in a variety of things and building of communities
Love for all Mankind = Understanding First of All You are a Servant of All as not only Alpha Defined but God Defined for the World - Servant Leadership.

7) When all else fails remember:

To be an Alphaman means more than just to wear a pin;
It requires intrinsic qualities that are developed deep within.
It calls for lasting Brotherhood, a word sometimes used in vain;
It means an honest devotion, not anticipation of personal gain.

Fraternity speaks of Brotherly Love, that's something to achieve;
It's more than just a grip of hands, It's an ideal to conceive.
You're proud to be an Alpha, and share Her praises won,
But before you inflate yourself with pride,
ask yourself, honestly, "How much have I done?"

To realize the wealth of personal satisfaction from knowing you've given your all,
To have helped Her cause unfalteringly, when you rally to Her call;
To combine all these qualities, and root them deep within,
The product would be an Alphaman, deserving of his pin.

So take an honest inventory of your character within,
And for every virtue you find missing, try and weave it in.
For a man without these virtues isn't worth a grain of sand.
It's plain to see, it's more than just a pin, that makes an Alphaman.

Bro. Fred H Woodruff
Old 03-15-2005, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Re: Re: Re: Good will is the monarch of this House

Quote:
Frizzell played it pretty safe as president of the NAACP (Julian Bond fronted the more controversial stands.) So I think he has a good chance no matter who else runs.
In view of that, he may have a chance. I do remember that Julian Bond was the flamethrower of the two, but I also wonder about KM's past and how much that can be thrown out.

Steele, if he's the nominee, also has to walk a tightrope in terms of that. He's already going to be seen by some as a Tom/sellout.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool You know how WE do it!

'Sup Bro. Square!

I will be prepared for your son, knowing him to have straight and strong roots, and being properly vouched for!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Love, Honor, & Courage...My love for APHIA!

Quote:
Originally posted by The Original Ape
What is even more striking is how you support gay people as fiercely as you do! You defend them even when they'r not being attacked. Are YOU hiding something?
How did my post defend gay people?

What are you talking about?

I was confused with what he said because it sounded like he was sending his son to Ohio to get molested by you. If you don't like his wording you should speak to him.

In addition to having issues with your own sexuality, do you have problems reading and comprehending?

-Rudey
Closed Thread