GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,211
0 members and 1,211 guests
No Members online

Old 02-28-2012, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh dear. If you think Adele isn't that great, you should be hearing this kid on Idol sing Fire to the Rain. Ouch. His voice just can't handle it.. his voice is not powerful enough for that song.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-28-2012, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Basically I've decided I don't want to ever hear the words "I love you" again.

Everyone who says it either wants something from me or is about to break my heart.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
[ big picture ]
I thought that was her real stance when I first saw it, but it's obviously shopped. I don't get why the one-leg stance was a big deal.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
omg! lol lol
Freaking hilarious!!! knight_shadow, you're the best!
Don't know how to copy your picture but that is my hubby's desk behind me. 2 monitors!

I only have 1 because I have a tv on the other side.

Don't like An. J. - never will. Just don't trust her for some reason.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

One of these days I may actually make one of these recipes I keep pinning.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
No. I guess it's just like Jennifer Lopez's ugly "breast dress" from the VMAs years ago.
I get the JLo thing (OMG WHAT'S HOLDING IT ON IS IT GONNA FLY OPEN), but this is literally just Angelina showing leg. People are weird lol

Old 02-28-2012, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
I get the JLo thing (OMG WHAT'S HOLDING IT ON IS IT GONNA FLY OPEN), but this is literally just Angelina showing leg. People are weird lol
Old 02-28-2012, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Finally found a movie on Netflix that looks like it's worth watching. "100 Feet". It's about a ghost who comes back to haunt his ex wife, or something like that. Looks pretty creepy. Time to pop popcorn.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
There is mold in the garage of my townhouse that has come from water seeping into and under the shared wall with my neighbor. They don't clean their car off when it snows and when we had the massive storm in January the melt from their vehicle flooded over into my garage. As part of my Lent behavior I've been cleaning things out to give away or recycle and I discovered there is an 8 foot horizontal piece of sheet rock/drywall covered in mold.

I am allergic to mold, and this would probably explain why I've been mysterious ill and feeling crummy the past few weeks. I've been avoiding my food allergies so the fact I've been wheezy and needing an inhaler, itchy, sinuses out of control, fevers, and unexplained bloody noises is likely a result of this mold. I'm so freaked out that it could be growing in the walls and making me and my cats sick. My landlord is going to have to rip the wall out to abate the mold and replace the materials, and I'm going to take my cats and leave.

I'm going out to buy a mold mask, garbage bags, and more Rubbermaid totes. I've already got shelving to keep my stuff off the floor, but I've been collecting those paper ream boxes with lids for moving and I don't want them infected. Of course it is going to snow tonight so I want to get everything out, protected, and cleaned before more water comes in. This is such a nightmare for me since my home is my sanctuary and being there is giving me anxiety.

Thank God I have renter's insurance and the La Quinta accepts pets.
We actually were just talking about this at dinner because it can really be a problem in apartments and rental units. Mold does spread very quickly, but in most cases it is on the outside of the wall. If your landlord is going to be good enough to take the wallboard out and replace it, you might ask him to replace the insulation in that place as a precaution? When you put the wall board back up - there are mold resistant paints designed for bathrooms. You might look at that as a way to prevent the situation from happening again.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Am I the only person who doesn't get the hoopla surrounding Angelina Jolie and her leg at the Oscars?
No, I saw the pictures and I don't get it either.

Quote:
So it's a popularity contest, but not necessarily a "record sales" contest.
Well...they do go hand in hand. I mean, the popular ones (Adele, Gaga, Rhianna, Bieber) are selling records. Easy as that. I really can't think of any recent multi platinum record selling artist in this country that is obscure or unpopular.

Also, Bon Iver has had a pretty strong public identity since his critically acclaimed debut. Hell, he even made a cameo on Kanye's last record.

Last edited by PiKA2001; 02-29-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQWest View Post
We actually were just talking about this at dinner because it can really be a problem in apartments and rental units. Mold does spread very quickly, but in most cases it is on the outside of the wall. If your landlord is going to be good enough to take the wallboard out and replace it, you might ask him to replace the insulation in that place as a precaution? When you put the wall board back up - there are mold resistant paints designed for bathrooms. You might look at that as a way to prevent the situation from happening again.
There's no way in hell I'll live there if my landlord doesn't take out the damaged sheet rock, have the area completely mold abated, and replace the wall in a way so it doesn't happen again. It wasn't from anything I did and may be something she can settle with the builders but it isn't going to go away or get better without some professional intervention. It looks like the opposite wall also has gotten wet as the drywall screws have signs of rust around the heads, so it is a bigger problem than I first realized. My landlord is awesome and I'm not too worried, but it is a huge hassle, and I have legal protection through the state code.

The place I used to live in had flooding that came under the walls and molded my bedroom carpet, which resulted in antibiotic resistance and two sinus surgeries so I'm trying to avoid that situation again. Getting out of the house alleviated some of my respiratory issues, but my cats are still there. Two cats in Florida, who were exposed to household mold from flooding, died after going under anesthesia for a dental cleaning and my boy kitty had his teeth cleaned last Friday so I've been keeping an eye on him and I'm calling the vet in the morning. I'm covering the areas with visible mold and sealing off the garage with 6 mil plastic sheeting once my stuff is out of there, and I'm wearing a Tyvek suit with booties while I do it.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
Well...they do go hand in hand. I mean, the popular ones (Adele, Gaga, Rhianna, Bieber) are selling records. Easy as that. I really can't think of any recent multi platinum record selling artist in this country that is obscure or unpopular.
True, but not always. Ke$ha and Miley Cyrus sold a lot of records, but didn't receive Grammy Awards. Esparanza Spalding, Jill Scott, Lupe Fiasco, and [insert Classical Music nominees] haven't sold as much, but have still gotten nominations/wins.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I thought that was her real stance when I first saw it, but it's obviously shopped. I don't get why the one-leg stance was a big deal.
besides the fact that she looked like someone needed to force feed her a rack of ribs because she is frightfully thin?

...nothing
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 02-29-2012, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I think it wasn't the leg itself, it was how she had to strike a pose to show the leg. That's one thing when you're stopping for pictures on the red carpet, but when she was standing at the mic it looked silly and unnatural, like she was frozen at the end of the runway on Project Runway.

Big deal? Not at all. Worth laughing at? Absolutely.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
I think it wasn't the leg itself, it was how she had to strike a pose to show the leg. That's one thing when you're stopping for pictures on the red carpet, but when she was standing at the mic it looked silly and unnatural, like she was frozen at the end of the runway on Project Runway.

Big deal? Not at all. Worth laughing at? Absolutely.
Ahh, OK. I just saw her presenting. I thought the leg shot was on the red carpet.

Yes, it does look very awkward.