GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086

Old 09-25-2012, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Rushing as a Senior

I am currently a Junior at The University of Iowa and I just transferred here from a community college, so therefore this is my first year here. I was skeptical of rushing in the beginning because I was not sure if it was really for me. I kept going back and fourth and with recruitment being the first weekend of school I did not have much time to decide. However, now I completely regret not doing it! There is no informal recruitment, so I would love to do it as a senior..but at that time would it be pointless or hard to do? What would the sorority think of someone rushing as a senior? :/
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-25-2012, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Your campus climate is going to dictate whether or not it is possible/realistic to think you might get a bid.

That being said...you aren't going to be a typical PNM or a typical member, but you won't be the first ever. I had a friend who joined a sorority in her senior year. She had been a very close friend of the sorority since her freshman year. Finally, she decided to make her bond official, and she had a wonderful time. I haven't been in touch with her much, but I think she is still involved with her organization.

(I went to a tiny school where everyone knew everyone, and the whole campus seemed to be shocked by this girl joining! But who cares! She had fun. )

Be a Volunteer!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Go through recruitment, but don't expect much. Unless upperclassmen and seniors are the norm amongst PNM's at your school, I think you have a very slim chance of receiving a bid. The only successful senior PNM's I knew were ones with strong friendships amongst the sororities. I don't mean to discourage you and you should certainly check it out.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
You mention that you are a junior transfer. Will you be graduating on time or will you have a longer time at the university after transferring?

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 09-25-2012, 09:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I will be graduating on time!
Old 09-28-2012, 02:44 AM
GreekChat Member

give it a shot! every organization is different, and they all have different things they are looking for.