GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,129
2 members and 2,127 guests
John, Low D Flat

Old 05-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

(I've been corrected) SOME of Alpha Delta Pi's University of Florida's (Gamma Iota Chapter) graduating seniors. I love how they're wearing their school colors!

Last edited by honeychile; 05-06-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-08-2013, 09:10 PM

Beta Epsilon chapter of Tri Sigma at Western Illinois:

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:34 PM

From our Eta Beta chapter's holiday photo shoot.

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I love these! My chapter just did one and it came out beautifully.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

From their facebook page, ADPi Colony at Ole Miss. Super cute!

Old 12-06-2013, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

A couple pictures... AOII at Bama

AOII Auburn

AOII, University of Maine

Old 12-07-2013, 03:50 AM
GreekChat Member

This one is too cute not to share. Tri Deltas at SFA.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I'll be glad when that pant style goes away. It is not very flattering on anyone.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 12-07-2013, 12:17 PM

^^^I love colored jeans, and think they can be really flattering.

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the problem is not the color (I also like a colored jean) it's the skinny jeans thing. I think it's making these girls look like they've gained a few, when if you look closely, there is nothing wrong with any of their figures. Their pants are just all too tight. There has to be space for compromise between too tight and dumpy (like the tank tops that are all over the bid day photos). The guideline for me - if your jeans bunch at the knee, they're too tight. And if you crease at the crotch, also a big no. I'm old, so take that for what it's worth, but flattering should always be your guide.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
I think the problem is not the color (I also like a colored jean) it's the skinny jeans thing. I think it's making these girls look like they've gained a few, when if you look closely, there is nothing wrong with any of their figures. Their pants are just all too tight. There has to be space for compromise between too tight and dumpy (like the tank tops that are all over the bid day photos). The guideline for me - if your jeans bunch at the knee, they're too tight. And if you crease at the crotch, also a big no. I'm old, so take that for what it's worth, but flattering should always be your guide.
Was going to comment on this, but you beat me to it, DubaiSis! You're right on target. I love the colored jean/pant trend, but there is just something about tight skinny jeans...they make girls look a bit like penguins or something! Let's do away with skinny jeans!

Personally I'm a fan of the J. Crew Minnie pant. It comes in many different colors (availability depends on the season) and offers a similar look to a colored skinny jean, but somehow it's a miracle pant that looks great on different body types and doesn't bunch. Their skimmer pant is similar for a more professional look, again with lots of colors.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I love colors jeans, as well. I totally get why they are so appropriate for sorority recruitment: comfy, not revealing, easy to find and inexpensive. You can get them at Old Navy for less than $40 at full price and $10 if you catch them on sale. J Crew Factory also has them for around $40. I do not understand why someone in the chapter is not telling some of these women to get a larger size? In one of the photos, I would have told all but 4 of the girls to come back with a size larger or trade around to find ones that fit. I have to buy two or three sizes larger in Old Navy skinny jeans than I would buy in pants at J Crew or Gap. DubaiSis is correct, if they are bunching at the knees, they are too tight. Going up a size will fix that.

The photo with the Santa hats is really cute! Love it.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl10 View Post
Was going to comment on this, but you beat me to it, DubaiSis! You're right on target. I love the colored jean/pant trend, but there is just something about tight skinny jeans...they make girls look a bit like penguins or something! Let's do away with skinny jeans!

Personally I'm a fan of the J. Crew Minnie pant. It comes in many different colors (availability depends on the season) and offers a similar look to a colored skinny jean, but somehow it's a miracle pant that looks great on different body types and doesn't bunch. Their skimmer pant is similar for a more professional look, again with lots of colors.
You both hit the nail right in the head. The light colored jeans only compound the problem as they highlight cellulite and dimples while skinny, dark colored denim doesn't seem to accentuate ALL the negatives. I think there are much better ways to wear color on the bottom than skinny jeans that tight.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 12-10-2013, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Kappa Gamma (Beta Chi - Kentucky)

Old 12-11-2013, 06:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Sigma Kappa - Beta Eta (UMass Amherst)

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06